TOTM - Suggestions Box

k9sar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn, nice looking rig. When you have been a member for 3 months and have 100 posts I'll look forward to seeing you in TOTM.

BTW, the pics need to be resized to 640x480 :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

To answer a few questions about the new themed months for TOTM.

The idea was put forward by packie88 with then intention of getting people out in their pathys to get themed shots.

I liked the idea, along with many others (mods/admin included)

It is only each alternate month that is themed, so you can post up whatever pic you want in the in between month (Some people will never see snow)

It is a kind of rule, but a loose one. Meaning the water crossing noms currently running, noms like Nismojunky, Kingman and Skulptr are somewhat on the edge, but still valid.

If you post up a pic with no water in sight, then that will be removed.

• 5 months later...

I strongly recommend to look into the option of voting to oneself .

This is taking away alot of votes from the competitors where the TOTM will end up having multiple users voting for themselves and getting their single self vote while their vote would have made qa difference in others closely competing .

Kindly look into this to make the TOTM more competitive and more fair .

I don't see a problem with voting for yourself since the votes are public. If you truly think that your pic is the best you should be able to vote for yourself. The whole TOTM thing is just for fun anyway. That is until I get my solid gold trophy! Oh wait, there is no trophy so vote for anybody you want, even yourself.

The only problem with that is that we are only human, we forget, we get busy, we make mistakes, we have other things going on.

Like the unsung hero who is paying to keep this forum afloat.

Point taken though :beer:

My suggestion is to start the nomination threads at the very start of the month so they fill up before the end of the month.

They usually do, as said though you have to factor in life and human error... it gets in the way at times. That said, if it gets too far out of time... Someone generally jumps in to start em up. All I all remember, it's for fun to begin with :aok:

And to the unsung hero :beer:

Like the unsung hero who is paying to keep this forum afloat.

*sings*

HURRAY TNZ!!! (Who took this chore off my plate!!)

If you happen to notice we're slacking on starting the next TOTM, feel free to PM TNZ, or myself...