TOTM - Suggestions Box

k9sar

The problem with your idea, bonner, is that pinning will only keep the group at the top. It wont keep the order, as they default to last posted order after. The only way to group everything like you have it listed is to create a series of subforums, which might be even more confusing than what we already have.

Nothing can be more confusing then what we have... Can you at least try it? Pretty please...

Nothing can be more confusing then what we have... Can you at least try it? Pretty please...

I'm saying it's not possible, without creating like 5 sub forums. I find the subforums tend to get lost, as you cannot see the contents from the main forum.

Most the the yearly stuff all follows your idea, with the exception of the pinned monthly threads.

The rest of the stuff you have listed at the top is now pinned, and cannot be ordered in any other way, than what it is by default (last post).

I do like your idea, I love things to be all neat and tidy... but I don't think it's possible. (Unless another mod knows a better way to mess with the software to get it all in order).

One thing I can do to clean things up a bit is delete all the old nominations and voting threads. I have done that in the past. That leaves all the old winner threads.

I personally find it easy to find what I need in the tOTm forum :shrug:

Suck up... :)

Pezzy,

OK... Here is what might help in addition to you deleting some of the old nomination/voting threads, which did help thanks.

Maybe a UNIFIED way of labeling the threads would help.

Rather than this where the date is randomly placed somewhere in the title:

January 2011 Nominations

Truck of the Month Feb 2011 nominations

ToTm March 2011 nominations

You could label the threads with the date at the front of the title with the same format:

2011-01 TOTM Nominations

2011-02 TOTM Nominations

2011-03 TOTM Nominations

OR

2011-January TOTM Nominations

2011-February TOTM Nominations

2011-March TOTM Nominations

OR

2011-Jan. TOTM Nominations

2011-Feb. TOTM Nominations

2011-Mar. TOTM Nominations

I killed all the old vote and nom threads. Also renamed this years threads so they are consistent. This is all I can do without having to rename almost 6 years worth of threads.

• 1 year later...

What would you guys think about making ToTM/ToTY voting 'blind' so other members cannot see who voted for whom? It's not a big deal, but once in a while somebody gets butt hurt that you didn't vote for them in a close race that they lost. Just an idea, and not a big deal to me either way. It might encourage more people to vote, since their buddies or whoever wouldn't know they voted for somebody else, the "wrong series" of Pathfinder, or whatever.

Thoughts?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

How do I resize the picture so not to big, how can I check photo bucket for the size??? Thx

Photobucket's new format has a photo editor. Just open the picture you want to modify and click the "edit" button toward the top of the screen. A toolbar will appear with many options, resize is in there......

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Shouldn't the 2015 TOTY winner be recognized on the site's homepage? There is a TOTY from 2014 and some TOTM from 2016, but no evidence of 2015 unless you go into the forums! I just thought that it would be nice to recognize Pav.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

It used to be open to all members, but due to serious abuse it was restricted, lightly I may add, to these levels.

Three months is not that long and 100 hundred posts is easy enough to reach. Whatever inconvenience it creates for some, it more than makes up in weeding out people who have no intention of being an actual part of the community and having all their buddies joins for the sole purpose of voting for them :togo:

You already meet the time requirement and your at 28 posts as of this writing, just browse the forum, contribute where to you can and you will be there before you know it. :aok:

• 6 months later...