Which Suspension lift package?

OR99.5Speed

Which Suspension Package should I go with?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Which Suspension Package should I go with?

• AC 2" lift, GR-2 front struts and Bilstein Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts
    • AC 2" lift, GR-2 front struts and Rancho RS9000X Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts
    • AC 2" lift, GR-2 front struts and Rancho RS5000 Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts
    • AC 2" lift, Rancho front struts and Rancho RS5000 Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts.
    • AC 2" lift, Rancho front struts and Rancho RS9000x Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts.
    • OME HD ($$$): OME HD Springs, OME Shocks, OME Struts, Nissan strut mounts

We shall see then. I only got them because they were much cheaper and an import parts store by my house happened to have them in stock. I guess only the long-term will tell.

where do you guys order your OME springs from?

Springs, he asked about the springs, not the shocks. That's what I was referring to as well.

Edited by navygz19

In general, if a company like 4x4parts sells an OME product, they can more than likely get any of them. I'm betting they don't advertise the springs becuase they're an AC distributor... Why advertise the competition? Anyway, they may or may not. I ordered my lift from rockyroad and the shipping was reasonable. The yellow paint is flimsy and flakes off easily, and one of my struts is missing a fair bit of paint, right out of the box, but I'll probably paint them red or black anyway.

AC sells the OME springs on their site. They just try and cover up every manufacturer of just about every product they sell so you never know what you're getting. :thumbsdown:

That's why whenever I order from them, I just call and speak to Volrick...He's the man. He's always taken good care of me, and ALWAYS lets me know if there's a problem with my order. I know some people have had issues with them in terms of the whole lack-of-communication thing.

Well I ordered OME springs from Rocky Road a little while ago and I'm still waiting for them... I've confirmed with ARB that they have it in stock. Anyone else has those installed on their truck? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to decide between 3 options for my 2001: OME springs, shocks and struts; OME springs with KYB shocks and struts; or just new OEM parts. I don't really need the lift but I hate just passing up a golden chance to do a fun upgrade. What I'm mostly stuck on is figuring out how to get the best ride possible with a mild lift. Has anyone had any experience with the full OME 'comfort' set?

I'm trying to decide between 3 options for my 2001: OME springs, shocks and struts; OME springs with KYB shocks and struts; or just new OEM parts. I don't really need the lift but I hate just passing up a golden chance to do a fun upgrade. What I'm mostly stuck on is figuring out how to get the best ride possible with a mild lift. Has anyone had any experience with the full OME 'comfort' set?

Havn't had time to install mine yet, but I'll let you know. OME struts aswell...

• Like 1

Finally got my stuff together! I did OME HD front springs with KYB GR-2 struts and OME Medium rear springs with KYB GR-2 shocks. It lift the truck about 1.5 inches. Ride is really good, little stiffer than stock. Here's a picture of it now.

DSC00132.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

okay, so from reading every post in this thread, i have come to this conclusion.

GR-2 front struts

Bilstein Shocks for the rear

OEM HD Springs for front

OEM Med springs for rear

Nissan Strut Mounts

for this setup, a camber kit is not necessary but is it still suggested??

manual locking hubs also recommended??

install front spacers?? (i would like a template if someone has so custom ones can be made)

replace Strut brackets, strut bumpers and strut bearings?? (just cause its already taken apart)

I am deciding on a lift obviously and want to make sure i get what would perform best under my condtions. I am using truck as daily commuter in Manitoba Canada. will be wanting to do little offroading in summer, but more in winter with the snow. I dont mind the ride being stiffer because from reading all the other posts in this thread, i know it will be, guaranteed!

I also have some questions from other Canadians as to how they get their parts across the boarder. how it can clear customs and how they can get past paying duty on the parts.

Finally, I would like to have suggestions as to where i can order these parts. Which are the exact coils, struts, shocks that i need (i dont know if there is only one offered, but just in case there are more than one selection for each name). Which websites I should order through, who i can trust and who i cannot...

AC sells the OME springs on their site. They just try and cover up every manufacturer of just about every product they sell so you never know what you're getting

Thanks so much for helping me out with all my questions. before i found this topic, i was solid into getting the AC 2" gr-2 strut ranch 5000 shock kit. now i have been converted. and if i'm crazy for this, please let me know as well. thanks again

Edited by CDNBullrid

I ordered my OME springs from Torasport.com . The lady taking care of the orders is extremly nice and shipping took about 1 week. I paid 327$ CDN for the springs including shipping. Unfortunatly they ship the springs directly from ARB USA in Seattle, and they ship only using UPS. UPS was good but they charged me 80$ for taxes, duty and brokerage fee. But even with that it ended up cheaper than the 520$ I was quoted locally. For the Shocks and strut, I ordered locally thru local parts supplier. I didn't need a camber kit. Got an alignment done and they adjusted the toe...that's it. As for the spacers...I'm waiting to see if the front is going to settle anymore than that. As you can see in the picture above...it's pretty level.

I went for a trip on the weekend with 5 adults in the truck + all the gear and the truck was still sitting level and it drove perfectly.

I need to order some new strut mount assemblies, so I can assemble my OME kit without removing what I have now. I'll need the mount, insulator, bearing, etc... I'm having some troubles with the local dealer as far as service goes, so I'm thinking I'll try shopping elsewhere when I can.

I'm able to order some KYB mounts for $68CAD, free shipping. Includes bearing and insulator. Will be going on OME struts.

I also want to know if I should re-use the bound bumpers, or buy new ones... or if they're even needed. I imagine they help keep dust and grime out of the strut...

Edited by Orangetang

mine were shredded to pieces...I bought new one. I did the same thing as you're planning - I bought everything new and preassembled the front struts and springs together ready to go...cuts the install time and you know for sure that everything is new.

Things started getting really expensive, so I only bought the bearings, and upper/lower insulator/mount. My service manual doesn't show nearly the amount of pieces as there is. $232 for the bearings and pieces with rubber in them. I guess I'll be re-using the bumpers, seats, etc. No pre-assembly.