how many from colorado

deadkennedys

just trying to see how many of us pathys are out in colorado. would be sweet to get to know some of you beter. maybe do some mods and help eachother out.

btw some colorado4x4 mebers are heading up Moody Hill/Crystal Mountain Jan 1st anyones invited really. i need some pathys to come with me im probly going to be the only non jeep

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread....2265#post352265

So I am not too familar with the "good spots" in colorado but I am going to suggest the following criteria for selection of a meeting spot:

Centrally located. If I am comming up from NM, and El P is headed down from SD, we should meet half way.

Free camping. I don't mind the snow. Neither does my colleague at Ft. Collins who owns a 2001.

Good wheeling. My rig is functionally near stock, so nothing too wild, I will still need to drive it south afterwards.

A good spot. I'll be counting on you colorado locals to show us outta towners around a bit.

There are some long weekends in feb...

Edited by Crazy Geologist

hey CG, what part of NM are you from? I spent a few years just north of Las Cruces but have travelled the entire state (as well as surrounding ones) as part of our SAR organization.

I've been in Denver for a year but I'm moving back to Kansas City in two weeks (don't ask- long story :angry: )

I LOVE Colorado- I've been to so many places and Colorado is the best option if you love the outdoors, the mountains, and a state that thrives on building trails for wheelers, hikers, bikers, and whoever else. I have become a moutain biking fool here but you can't help it. The trails in the Front Range are stunning.

Anyway, I have a feeling I will be back before long and when I do, I'm staying for good :aok:

I haven't posted here in a while (busy with the mountain biking boards :D ) but this thread caught my attention. I'm in Fort Collins during the school year (CSU student), but Highlands Ranch during breaks. I think somewhere in Buena Vista would be prime. Numerous great trails, some easy, some super difficult (ie Iron Chest, haha). Plenty of free camping. Only problem is that it stays snowy for quite a while. Right now I bet none of the trails are passable by anything even close to stock. Of course, the same can be said for most of the (decent) CO 4wd trails right now anyways :wacko:

K9-

I am living near Los Alamos for the time being (I cannot claim to be FROM NM, but I do have a steady chile jones)...and actually I have been training with the Taos SAR team for the past few months...a small world from what I am learning, you probably know many of the team. The dogs at my house are at best easily distracted, so no K9 in my future though... but my SAR interests really lie in the high-angle stuff anyway.

Big J-

That is kinda what I figured with the snow...easy to forget 'cuz it is still soooo dry here. I bought a season lift ticket, and there isn't a flake on the ground. Bummer. Maybe 4corners is where the run shoud be...limited and passable snow?

nice. I was associated with DACSAR and MVSAR before breaking out on our own. Lots of good folks up there in the northern area too. I met a bunch at a rescue conference in Glorietta a few years back

-thnkboutit- I havent been on in a while but i live in Ft. Collins Colo. and want to go wheelin with new people but my rig is also a baby carrier as i had my first little girl six months ago. i am planning a trip to the pingree hill area anybody interested let me know.