lights behind A/C controls.. how to replace...

SteeevO

it's a good thing i basically memorized what switch does what for the a/c and heater cause when i'm driving at night.... the panel is pitch black.. it has been that way for a very long time but i'm slowly getting around to fixing the lil things.. so yeah has anyone had to replace the bulb back there?...where is it? i have looked a few times, but can never get to the screws that i thought would get the panel loose to look on the back side...they are being blocked by the panel itself... who's genious i daea was that?... i need help...can't find any previous threads on this... i looked this time.. :D

Edited by SteeevO

I have the same problem, no lights from anything in that area of the dash except the radio.

And

My interior dome light doesnt come on when the doors is open or go off when the door is closed and the slide is in the middle postion of the far left (towards driver )

You can't get to those bulbs. I've tried. The only one on the whole assembly that you can change is the A/C button that lights up green. This only pertains to a '94 or '95, but it shouldn't be much different for yours. Have you tried the dimmer switch?

okay so i have the same problem and wnet to pull it all aprat today and it does come apart rather easy. Once you take the dash off and you get to the part wehere u cant get to the screws you need to pull the tabs off of the things you move to adjust the heat and what not. then you need to gentle pull on the piece thats blocking your screws. Now once you unscrew it does not move far becaus hte cabling is just long enough. once you got it to a decent working distantce there is a light thing that moves the light to the out side that pops out. now there is a single bulb. in the middle. thats as far as i got. i couldnt get the bulb out and didnt want to break it. if you guys find a way to get hte bulb leave a msg here cause mine needs to be cahnged. so i geuss i will live with it unitl then.

• 8 years later...