• White
    • Red
    • Green
    • Black
    • Blue
    • This Black/Silver Metallic Color
    • Other

Mud adds character. Dirt is on minivans at the library

Yours seems very clean Bud !! At least my lowly dirt keeps people from cutting me off for a parking space... :D Maybe that and the sound of full throttle/ramming speed !! B)

B

I've got a shopping cart dent, and there was a walking trail about 1/2 mile away. I guess we could call that trail damage. I've actually got plenty of scratches and a couple dings but wax will hide it very well... not as good as mud unfortunatly.

well since were bragging about our body damage now, i guess ill tell mine.

the first night i bought my Path i hit a deer and part of my grille guard broke off and smashed my fender, i wasn't wheelin, but since it happened the night i bought my truck i figured it'd be worth bragging about.....And I killed the Friggrn Deer :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if we're sharing body damage stories, this happened at Waiporous cleanup this year, very very bad night:

What a great day on the trail, truck performed better than it ever has, new hubs and tires were fantastic, and i only high centered myself twice. We had no trail breaks and no one got hurt. It did turn into a long day, but we got more accomplished than any of us thought possible. Then i decided that i wanted a warm bed to sleep in, so at around 1:30, i figured i'd go home. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Highway 40, I come up on a curve in the road, i have a rock wall on the right, a deer that has stopped directly in the middle of the road maybe one car length in front of me(big bastard, too) and a ditch in front of me. I went with door number three, locked up the wheels, and kept it pointed for the ditch. Unfortunatly, the bank was steeper than it looked and pitched me into the ranchers barbed wire fence, hitting one of the supports head on. Now i'm heading for a tree, not a huge one, about as thick as my leg, but it'll still mess up the truck. Manage to save it a few feet in front of the tree and start to shake the stars out. My coffee maker, camp stove, a tow shackle, and a bottle of water all managed to make a beeline for my head when i hit the fence, so i'm slightly sore. Ok, no big deal, truck still runs, managed not to break any windows, the snorkle took the brunt of the hit. I find my parking light flung around 40 feet from the truck, hop back in and start the drive home. Uh oh, truck's not charging. My alternator started giving me trouble on the trail through all the water and i think the impact and jolt was enough straw to break the camel's back. Turn the radio and heat off. I managed to crawl till about 5 km's outside of airdrie before it just wouldn't go anymore. By this point it's almost 4 in the morning, i pull off, completely off camber mind you, into the ditch and decide it's time for a nap, i was also as coherent enough to send eric a text but didn't bother calling cuz i was way too tired to get rescued. Nine AM rolls around and i fall out of the truck when it's time too pee as i forgot how off camber i was. Somehow, the truck miraculously starts and i make it to Totem and Co-Op in Airdrie before it dies again. Grab some Timmys and Eric shows up, get the truck home and the alternator is toast my hood appears to have been attacked by a grizzly bear from all the barb wire rash, not to mention my nissan symbol is somewhere in a ditch, and the nasty dents in the front of the hood and the front crossmember, more side damage, and rash on the mirror. What a great weekend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...