Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hey everyone. This is my first pathfinder. 1993 XE V6 4x4 manual. It was my gramps and I bought it from him. He taped a few things together and wired a few more. Needs a little love but I really like it. The 5speed is fun. Can wait to try the 4x4 but first I need a clutch. I want to add a roof rack to it and the rear swinging tire carrier. Also need to find out the biggest tire size I can get away with. Seen some say 32"/11.5r15 with minor flare trimming. I know it's probably the most asked question but who has tires just sitting around to try them on? I'll post some pics when I have a few extra minutes.

Mine is a '93 SE automatic 4x4, with similar "taped electrical issues" LOL! Need a socket set to get the tire carrier removed, it's just bolted on to the rear passenger side body pillar. I'd bring pentrating oil, cause you want to get the hinges freed up before you remove it, mine were incredibly stiff at first. Be easier to do that while it's still attached to the vehicle. Get your drive train tended to first. We perhaps can share experiences getting things up to speed!

Yeah. I am trying to figure out best replacement clutch to get. I was told this one is correct and a little better.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131440683183&globalID=EBAY-US

Seems kinds inexpensive though. Or maybe that's how much they are. I don't know

Anyway. Isn't there a bracket on the inside I need for the tire carrier? Maybe two of them?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

New to NPORA but I've owned a Pathfinder 1999.5 LE since '99. Finally looking to do some modifications to it so I can take it off road with my brother and family. From what I've read so far it looks like I came to the right place to get information and ideas of what to do!

• Like 1

Hello All,

New to NPORA but I've owned a Pathfinder 1999.5 LE since '99. Finally looking to do some modifications to it so I can take it off road with my brother and family. From what I've read so far it looks like I came to the right place to get information and ideas of what to do!

welcome ! :welcome:

• Like 2

Hello! I'm from the pacific northwest and my name is Brad. I'm a fishing nut who enjoys the ability to combine my trips with off roading. So I bought a pathfinder. I own a 2003 SE with the VQ35DE 3.5l in bronze. It's been great, and the community is awesome. Hope to learn with and learn from all of you. Thinking about a lift and some nice off road tires with a brush guard. Right now I'm running on Toyo OpenCountry H/Ts as that's what was on the vehicle. =/

• Like 1

Greetings Forum,

Recently I was gifted a 1996 Pathfinder that I knew little about. Thanks to the great information I have gathered here I have decided to go ahead and make the investment required to restore and improve the capabilities of the Pathfinder. I hope this adventure goes well, I spent alot of time convincing the better half this was a good idea and despise the taste of my own foot.

Have a good one, see ya round the forum.

Dale

• Like 1

Hello guys, my name is Tito and i just bought a bone stock 1996 Pathfinder LE on September/2015. So far I have changed both rear oxygen sensors, knock sensor, intake manifold gaskets, full tune up, radiator flush, trailing arm bushings and installed some new rubber- General Grabbers AT2 30x9.5x15 on stock rims. I have driven the truck over 100 miles and I'm just waiting for the catalyst to cycle so i can smog my Pathfinder.

Pathfinder_zpsmljmxnmf.jpg

Edited by Tito
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm Vernon. My wife Patty and I put 140k miles on a '95 Pathfinder before we sold it and got a 2WD Titan that we lifted with a custom PRG kit. It is just too big for the narrow trails we like in the Mojave, and we've always missed our first pathfinder so we picked up another '95 this week. Second owner 4WD SE with 184k miles; no leaks, ran perfectly on the 2 hour drive to its new home, no small amount of paint rash but overall it's in very good condition. Can't wait to start the mods!

We owned RaVerMotorsports in Cali for 13 years mod'ing Z32s and (sorry) Hondas. Set quite a few world records with our customers at Bonneville and El Mirage dry lake with various chassis so fab and tuning are second nature. Patty has driven over 200mph on the salt and run the paved quarter in 9.20s... and SHE wants the Pathfinder :lmao: Not a rock crawler, just a nicely lifted reliable 4x with hp to go along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

Just joined up here after stumbling across the page when I was looking for ecu codes. Looks like a cracking wee forum.

I've owned my wee Pathfinder only about 7 months but I've done a lot of km's and a lot of things in that time. I bought her from some backpackers thinking I would use it for a year and then sell her after I was done with Australia but now that I have been bitten really hard by the off roading bug (as well as many, many mosquito bites) I think I will be keeping her for another year of road trips about Australia with a view to possibly shipping her over to America or somewhere and carrying on.

I am a nomad these days, I enjoy not being anchored down anywhere. Anyway, thought I would say hello.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys...

Tks for accept mMy name is Dennis Pretti and im from São Paulo Brasil. I have a 02 R50... Today she's have 7inch lift whit 37x12,5 BFGs Mud Km2...

10603847_873399589393213_227454124698574

Edited by Deco
  • Like 3

Hi all!

Just got here. Found it looking for LCA's. I have a 97 that I've had about 1 1/2 years now that I plan on turning into a surf fishing truck. Nothing to extreme, really. Just need it to get me to the beach, to the fish, and back home. I look forward to picking y'alls brains and asking all the same dumb questions all the other noobs ask.

• Like 1

Welcome All, enjoy your stay at NPORA!

Sleepingbuddha and bimmers14, take a look in the R50 (1996-2004) FAQ section, there should be some answers for you there to get started.

Deco! Holy Crap, that looks beastly! I'd name it "The Swamp Thing"! :lol:

B

One of the original owners of an 87 Pathfinder; recently "lost" my 05 Frontier to a "left-hook" driver; my "new" replacement is a 06 Pathfinder, 87K mi; bought second hand, appears to have been a "soccer mom" taxi. Was in reported accident of left rear, with no apparent serious problems. At 90K it required the oil pressure sending unit to be replaced, as did my 05 Frontier. Solid vehicle so far. Have one issue concerning the bells & chimes - they appear to have been deactivated. Is there a quick fix to get them working? I like the headlight alarm, since I do drive with lights on in daytime hours also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.. My name is Ragy and I live in UAE.

Just joined yesterday and i'm truly amazed of the amount of info I find in here.. It really helped me understand pathfinders before I buy one.

Just a quick question here.. I've searched for pathfinders around the city, and I see all of them are having a lot of miles on them. apparently every owner tried to enjoy his ride doing safari and stuff. But should I be concerned about high mileage in those vehicles?

By the way, I'm looking for 2001 above.. And it will be a second car, my wife will use it for very short trip to work everyday (15km), and we will go offroad on weekends.

Welcome Ragy!

What do you consider high mileage, and what motor is in the years you are looking for? (might be different from here in the US)

I can't really respond without that info...

B

• Like 1

Hi,

I' m from Bogotá, Colombia...

A few months ago we ( my wife and I) decided to buy a Nissan Pathfinder. In my family and her family we are familiar with Nissan cars, her dad has a '88 Patrol fully restored, and my parents have a '93 Vanette and '08 Frontier, great cars by the way...

So, we bought a 2000 Pathfinder SE SuperLux, 3.3l with 247.000 km, we are the 3rd owners. The car is in great shape, the motor and other parts were repaired 10.000 km ago by the previous owner. It has standar lift, i think....

I' ve been following the forum since last month (october), the idea is to ride the Pathfinder on some trails, have fun with my wife, we like to do some bicycle XC out of town, and some hiking...

This is the only photo I have for now... I would post some photos soon...

Great forum by the way.

(Sorry about my english )

image.jpeg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Firstly I want to say thank you to everyone . . . I have been lurking for the past 6 months or so . . . and this forum has been an incredible help . . . Thank you all. I have an 02 LE which I have been driving more and more. My other car is subaru BRZ which has become less and less practical with our 6 month old daughter. I'm looking forward to doing a few light mods including a lift.

Thank you again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hell-o brand new brand new nice to meet you guys and gals . bought a 2002 nissan pathfinder .which has turned out to be a project . i have learned a lot and still learning every pay check i get lol .

Hi Guys...

Tks for accept mMy name is Dennis Pretti and im from São Paulo Brasil. I have a 02 R50... Today she's have 7inch lift whit 37x12,5 BFGs Mud Km2...

10603847_873399589393213_227454124698574

We need to see more pictures of this! 37's holy cow!

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Iv had my 95 pathfinder a little over a year now. Man I love it it's static dropped right now on 18 inch Kmc skitch rims. About to get bagged and Toyota front bumper conversion.

• Like 1