Welcome New Members !

Precise1

hello everyone im new to this and was given my pathfinder by a friend it has a couple of leaks from the oil and is a standard so while im driving it sometimes sputters or jerks like im stalling it out and sometimes it dies altogether but starts right back up i am new here and hope to get to know a few people for advice and maybe even some 4 wheel action eventually as its a 4wd. anyone got any suggestions before i tear into thos thing and start replacing things till i figure out the problems let me know i know it needs a rear main bearing seal and timing chain cover seals and possibly a fuel filter so im going to start there i hope to hear back from someone in the near future maybe can shed some light on this for me

running like crap and periodically dying sounds like the MAF sensor is failing or possibly has a bad/loose connection. Diagnostic #1, if you have it running and grab the wire(s) going to the MAF and wiggle them, dies it cause the vehicle to falter? I'm sure there are other issues that could cause the same symptoms but let's start with the cheap easy ones first. Also, I would suggest posting in The Garage or the year-specific areas with your problems so we don't clutter the Welcome thread.

and... Welcome to NPORA all of you who joined recently.

Accidentally posted this first in the "Posting and You" section, but figured I would post it where it belongs now.

Hello NPORA members! My name is Jason Cossette, from Klamath Falls, OR. I haven't posted anything on here yet, but have used these forums extensively to help diagnose issues I have had with my vehicles. The service manuals and all the knowledge found here are invaluable. Thank you all. I haven't done anything to my vehicles, as I am usually just trying to keep things in working order lol! I have a 95 SE 4wd, 146,000 miles, that is just sitting for now because I decided to jump a tree with on accident last deer hunting season. The one I am currently driving is a 94 XE 4wd, 207,000 miles. I am about to tackle the busted exhaust manifold bolts on the passenger side. The 94 I picked up for $800, and so far I replaced the radiator, thermostat, cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, and the coolant sensor for the gauge. I do have plans to SAS the 95 someday, and am looking at somehow sticking a 4bt cummins under the hood. I'm a dreamer, but I believe I can do it, and that's what matters. I look forward to gaining and sharing knowledge on these forums. Glad I signed up!

Newbie here from Antioch, CA (Bay Area). Looking forward to learning a lot from all the Pathy Vets here. 87 Red SE 5 speed with almost 250k miles and still purrring strong.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello NPORA members.

I write from Poland in Europe:-)

About week ago , I bought Nissan Pathfinder 3.3 / 1997 version SE / about 205.000 km.

Now I change all oil (engine,gearbox,differential) and cooling system, additional timing belt, and all other belt.

Is not a popular auto in Europe, but I really like it and always wanted to have them :rolleyes:

I wanted to say hello to all of you.

My english language it`s not perfect (I still learn) , but I hope enough to read and write short message. Please for your understanding and patience.

Best regards

Kris

Just Recently joined, Names Bryan, 20 years old and i have a 2003 Pathfinder LE.

ole reliables name is Gus as name by my gf when i bought him.

I'm from Garner North Carolina. Full time Student for Civil Engineering and Full time Manager at Staples.

i got in a accident in the recent snow storm that came to NC so I'm slowly fixing my pathy back to normal.

So far on Gus i have a roof rack and off road lights, HID conversion i did and 2 12" competition Memphis. tryna do all my mods myself and am fixing the aftermath of the accident myself too.

looking to potentially lift him at most 4 inches and put some M/T Grapplers on him. ANY advice is accepted.

Edited by bryan.urieta

Hello everyone,

I'm Ryan from Texas, I'm glad to apart of this great forum and look forward to getting great advice from yall.

Staring off what might be a long story but a good one started about a year ago when I got my first nissan. I refer to her as THE PATHY wich was a 88, in stock form with 230,000 miles and had been in the hands of young man strait out of high school. I aquired it on a trade and it had been well taken care of from previose owners untill the young man had got a hold of it. With in the first month and $1200 in parts i had replaces all shock, swaybar links, the whole power steering system, headlight, tail light, fuel hoses, ball joints, fixed a/c and heating, the spedo cable, techomiter. I also added some extras to the outside like Rino liner to the bottom of rockers and fenders, 4x8 foot roofrack custom front bumper with hi lift atached to it. At this point I had owned it for about 5 months when my wife desided that a 2 door would not soot our growing family and as most men do we listen and anything that might be projected as fun has to go. We (she) desided that since it was a strong vehicle and dependable it should be given to her younger sister and boyfriend who are just staring out and where needing some help. (Sure), I thought to myself at least it is staying in family and i can keep an eye on it and i would have first dibs on buying it back if they wanted o get rid of it.

Well to make this story even longer Just this pass Friday I found out that the pathy was sitting at a burger joint 2 hours from the house and had been there for 2 days and my sister inlaw had desided she didnt want it anymore due to it being a money pit. After retreiving the pathy and mulling for the weekend I desided to investigate why it had broke down. After jumping it off and hearing the worst noise of ticking comming from every corner of the engine I thought it was a gonner.

Things that cause this and some other problems that i found where,

1- no oil, only 2 quarts when i changed it

2- broken sparkplug wires

3- vacume hoses not atached or missing

4- no water in radiator

5- no powersteering fluid and found a leek in one of the hoses

Some other things i noticed that were missing, door handles, door panels, speekers, radio, some carpet in a few places, and couple of lugnutts. In other words it was trashed. After deconstruction and reconstruction, I went ahead and replaced the oil with 15w-30 desiel oil ( i've found that when there has been abuse the thicker oil helps fill in any bearings wear), new filter, wires, water, and pulling the pws belt so it wouldnt fry anymore than what it has already, I sat in the seat of the pathy and said a prayer to the motor gods and turned the key. There was thirty seconds of all kinds of racket and then like Mosses parting the Red Sea it all went away. I couldn't beleive it had worked, It was like a golden beem of shunshine just lighting up my face. I still cant beleive how tuff theise engines are.

After comming in and cleaning up my wife had to ask allthough she already knew the answer, (so are we keeping it) I looked at her and said, " Yes and guess whos car is getting sold this time". I think in most relationships this would be a dumb thing to say but my wife being a trooper and knowing when not to fight with me on things just told me " I thought you would say that....OK..", and just walked away. Anyone want to by a Tahoe....HA HA.

I just want to say thanks again and I hope you find my story interesting, I wish I had Joined the first go around when I had her. Will post pics soon. RYAN.

P.S. Yall is a word in Texas.

• Like 1

Hi, been lurking on here for a while and finally decided to join. I've been driving my 98 Pathy for about 4 years now and have about 185k on it. In the summer of '13 I was rear-ended and because they hit my trailer hitch, the slight frame damage totaled it. I'm still driving it with no major issues (can't get it aligned properly so I just rotate the tires often) and have nicknamed it the Crashfinder. Thanks for all the great info on here!

How's it going? My name is James and I am a new owner of a 94 SE-V6. I made the trip to Colorado last september and had fun with my mazda2 in the snow this winter. So much fun that I had to invest in something 4wd. So after $640 and a new radiator she is ready to roll. She still has plenty of "character" to be dealt with though. Majority of my gaskets have a class I leak, power steering is out, and the dash is non-existent. But, I am happy with my buy, and I look forward to hearing some good advice from you guys to get her back in her prime (or as close as possible).

Hello. Im brand new to the forum. 2000 pathfinder 4wd. Not sure which sub model it is cause all the markings are gone. Its got a lot of miles,but the price was right. Think its been through a deer, cause Im having to replace everything body whose from windshield forward. Runs good though.

Greetings. I'm Brion. Just joined the forum. I've seen it online several times while searching for info on pathfinders. I've been a Nissan mechanic for almost 9 years and have gained a great respect for the product. I have recently acquired a 90 pathfinder and have fallen in love with it. Having had three other Nissans (09 frontier,11 altima and most recent 14 Rogue) the pathfinder is my favorite. I've worked out all the bugs and I'm ready to start customizing it to suite my needs. When I can figure out how to get some pics on the forum I will be sure to.

Welcome on board. Having a Nissan mechanic will definitely be an asset for this community.

For pics, either use Tapatalk and uploading pics is super easy, or from a computer, create a photobucket account and upload your photos into there. Then copy and paste the IMG url into the text window.

• Like 1

Hi guys, decided to join up, I've got a 99 ti pathfinder 3.3L that was actually my mums and I came across the beast again on an online auction after she gave it into insurance as a repairable write off. Made a rash decision and bought it back cheaply. But thanks to it now being unregistered and without a rwc, theres a thousand billion little things I need to do and get done before I can get it back out there so I thought I'd join up and see what you guys are all saying and doing! nice to see other pathy lovers out there! :happy::happy: