Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hello all, I have owned my 99.5 path for over 3 years now with no major issuesearch. Before that I owned a 95 maxima that I modified and did alot of work in my garage including the turbo setup. As for this truck it's my daily drive with no off roadin in my plans yet. I need some understanding behind the 99.5 vs 2000 parts ordering scenario for those specific model.

I'm going to bend upupdating the suspension, adding westin grill and interior lights change off to the Leds.

Hello all, I have owned my 99.5 path for over 3 years now with no major issuesearch. Before that I owned a 95 maxima that I modified and did alot of work in my garage including the turbo setup. As for this truck it's my daily drive with no off roadin in my plans yet. I need some understanding behind the 99.5 vs 2000 parts ordering scenario for those specific model.

I'm going to bend upupdating the suspension, adding westin grill and interior lights change off to the Leds.

Welcome !

Hi all, I'm Alex, and I've had my '87 Pathy for a little over a year now. Have yet to do much to her besides maintenance. I am a professional mechanic so I'm not always super motivated to work on my own @!*% after working on everyone else's @!*% all day long. Hope to share and learn a lot here!

Hi,
My name is Russ, but my User/Screen name is Jacklalanne (he was a personal hero of mine). I am new to the forum. I have never owned a Nissan in the past, but just bought a 93 SE-V6 4X4 Pathfinder with 226K/mi that I would like to clean up and drive. I think I am going to really like owning it if I can get it running right. It is an SE-V6 with an automatic and floor shifter. I am impressed how clean the engine is (top and bottom) and how well it runs. Though I don't know if it is the original drive-train, I am assuming it is. I guess this is the place for introductions, so rather than post my issues here I will snoop around a bit to see if I can find where to post questions in regard to Automatic Transmission issues. Thank for your consideration in accepting my request to join your forum.
Regards,
Russ Tallmadge

Edited by Jacklalanne

Welcome everyone! It is good to see so many new members, and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves. :beer:

Hello everyone! I'm Ron. I own a 97 Pathfinder. I purchased almost 3 months ago with about 130K miles. It's a local Pathfinder and has never left the San Francisco Bay Area from previous owners. My Pathy has leather and heated seats along with a 5-speed manual and 4X4. The only parts missing was the roof rack and the lug nuts to mount the spare tire on the rear rack. Other than that its been a solid ride.

I'll take pictures soon with the tire finally mounted and a slight upgraded roof rack. I order several suspension parts (2" OME lift, etc.) and already installed interior LEDs along with a Broadway rear view mirror.

I'm located in the SF/Bay Area specifically in the East Bay and enjoy various outdoor activities so my Pathy will serve its purpose very well.

Hello Ron, I'm up in the North Bay, and there are quite a few members in the South Bay that go on some trail rides, usually down in Hollister IIRC.

I'm jealous of your 5 speed and tire carrier BTW. ;)

Hi all, I'm Alex, and I've had my '87 Pathy for a little over a year now. Have yet to do much to her besides maintenance. I am a professional mechanic so I'm not always super motivated to work on my own @!*% after working on everyone else's @!*% all day long. Hope to share and learn a lot here!

What I've said for years, and makes perfect sense to me! :D

B

Howdy. My name is Tracy. (Mr. Tracy) I just bought a 99 Pathfinder. I already see how helpful the experience and knowledge off you guys are going to be. I am about to wrap up the worlds longest timing belt job, which is being done in my spare time. What a great resource this forum has been!

Hi- my 1998 Pathfinder SE, named Paco, was a college graduation gift and I've had him ever since! We've enjoyed 160,000 miles together and hope to get another 100,000 more.

• Like 2

I am not really a new member but have just recently become active again---I am looking for Pathfinder enthusiasts in the Vancouver, Washington area that I can reach out to and help me troubleshoot and inspire further awesomeness to my currently existing rig. I welcome all suggestions and will work on further completing the sats about my rig.

In your opinion what do people want to know about your rig? As I said, Im new at this and may not understand certain vocabulary etc so please go easy on me :)

There are a few members in/about Portland, but I can't recall the names right now. Your best bet is to start a thread in the 'Regional Areas' section towards the bottom of the main page, and keep your eyes open when looking around; most people share their location.

People are usually happy with the year, your location, eye color, if you like jazz or walks on the beach...

Posting a picture of your Pathfinder is always encouraged, some members don't read none two well.

Your name reminds me of Thelonius Monk. Intentional?

B

Welome back. And you can reach out to members around the world here. Just let us know what's up.

Can you imagine Monk 4 wheeling? How much Purell would that take? Woops I was thinking of Adrien Monk.

Edited by kdj

Howdy. My name is Tracy. (Mr. Tracy) I just bought a 99 Pathfinder. I already see how helpful the experience and knowledge off you guys are going to be. I am about to wrap up the worlds longest timing belt job, which is being done in my spare time. What a great resource this forum has been!

Welcome! Is your '99 before or after the face lift? I mean new fender, grill, hood etc.?

Hi my name is Gabe. Newbie just registered. I'm an older bloke with a lifetime of DIY behind me from the west coast south island of New Zealand in the South Pacific. I'm the typical weekend warrior - hunting, fishing, exploring, collecting firewood and having a generally rollicking good time in my R3M, '89. It's a 2 door black, manual with 330 k's under it's belt, but spent most of it's life with a conscientious auto mech as it's owner. Consequently it's in pretty good nick for it's age in all depts and I've joined up so it stays that way. Right now I'm wanting the trim off the rear side window and glass out, to jump some rust before it gets to be a problem. Anyone online with a few tips would be most welcome. Meanwhile I'll rummage around here for a while. Cheers.

Hi everyone,

just got a 1994 Pathfinder SE from my father in law. Was supposed to buy it off him but he said i could have it as long as i don't sell it. Engine has some leaks and body needs a little work. Had it inspeced at a nissan dealer and they suggested I replace all the bushing and suspension. Was looking to throw in a 3 inch lift after I work on the engine. Hope you all enjoy the pics and will be posting some wuestion in the future.

Thanks,
Jess

aJiHIUK.jpg

eXOYDTX.jpg

KBgxnJA.jpg

• Like 1

Chris from Pensacola, FL,

Hello NPORA, I have owned my 1994 Nissan Pathfinder for 7 years (since JR in highschool). It was my first vehicle and I just recently purchased a new vehicle (Lincoln). It was good timing because there are many rising issues with her; however, I am making it a hobby to do work and get her purring again. Last week I have started with the starter (good starting point right? ha). I have alot of great ideas for her, and browsing through the member profile pics gives me more. I am hear to share anything that I have learned and learn.....probably more of the learning as I have not worked much past the basic maintenance. The motor has 200K+ miles so there will be a crossroads where I ask for everyones thoughts on whether I should rebuild or swap out for something. Power has never been an issue, I just want to rearrange the exhaust system, fix the transmission (reverse went out), replace CC converter, body and suspension lifts, etc....Anyhow, keep your ears open as I will probably shoot you all questions if I can't figure something out or find the answer already on here. Excited just to hear her crank back up this weekend (hopefully).

Cheers.

Pics coming soon, she will be looking rough but you have to start somewhere.

Wecome Gabe, Jess and Chris! Glad you're all here and have some good projects. Read through the forums and use the search, there is a pile of knowledge in there. Questions and photos are always welcome. Everyone likes a good build thead as well.

Hello to all. Just picked up my 97 pathfinder from my dad in Texas over the weekend. He was the original owner and kept it great shape. Its been in Germany, Italy and Puerto Rico since my dad is a US Army vet it has also traveled around the states. I been reading a lot of post on different subjects here and can't wait to start building my truck.

Hello my name is Bogdan and i`m from Romania and i own a nissan pathfinder wd21 XE build in 1991 in japan for the usa market , with a 3.0 VG30E engine and a manual transmision and a 4wd drive train. After i bought the car i just fell in love with her and sold my bmw and bought some upgrads for her. I realy enjoy the car and the smile that she puts up on my face every time i drive her even if its a short distance. I`m new to off-road or a 4x4 car its my first and to be honest won`t be the last (i`l never sell it ) i usualy get motional attached for the cars and is verry hard to let her go. And to be honest i love old school desing and cars build until 1990. Sorry for my crap english and gramar. I don`t know how to add pictures...my bad

Bogdan, your english is perfectly fine, certanly better than I speak any other language and honestly, better than many Americans ;) As you come up with questions and issues with your Pathfinder, post them up and we'll do our best to help you out. Pics are good to, we love us some pics!

Frank(RoadRat) from Georgia, USA

Just want to take a minute to say Hi to everyone. I live about an hour south of Atlanta. Bought my Pathy in 1992 and have enjoyed it ever since. Of course I’ve had the usual WD21 problems. Fuel gauge voltage regulator, door locks, bad ground in the audio power amp, headlight relay….you get the picture. All have been fixed except for the exhaust manifold studs and my poor leaking valve seals. With 375K miles, my Pathy has brought me through thick and thin and only let me down once, but that really wasn’t her fault. Thought about doing a SAS but just don’t have time or a good spot to do the work.

Glad to be part of the community.

Ciao to all members,

I'm a proud owner of a Patty '93 VG30E, 3.0V6, 3doors with sport package. Before this I had a 2.4 engine always 3doors. I can not get away from it.

Even today the shape is simple unique with sense of beauty and agressivity. No electronic giungle of sofware that controls your ride, just simple and real. little remark: No ohter modern suv have is such confortable and spaciuos on the back seats.

Reached 251'000 km and had no big issues

The engine runs always fine. In the time i changed the well know problem with manifold gasket and all service have been done. The big problem I had was RUST. Wheel arc fender hidden by the plastic fender flares, Back frame section and panel under back seats. I will charge some pics asap as it was a disaster. After deep abrasive cleaning the frame was like a Swiss hole cheese (ementaler).

Despite this I follow my heart and recently finished the huge work of restauration. Now the rust should be away for at least the next 20 years, I hope.

The mine is Dark Green Metalic and here in Swizerland is quite rare, as mostly were grey/black/blue/white. I guess also that today the care isteslf is very rare.

Today I've done a deep cleaning in order to prepary my Patty for the Swiss winter and here are some pics for you.

Have a nice day amd see you soon on Mpora. :) Patrick

ayjCyu.jpg

CHVo1T.jpg

jZpmAR.jpg

bqbcwh.jpg

AIocch.jpg

GdTbOn.jpg

Hello all! I have been a part of this site for awhile but am just now making myself known. I've got a '93 SE. I've had it for about 10 years-ish. I am now to the point in my life where I'm rebuilding this sweet ride. It has been through a lot of really tough stuff in my opinion :) When I first got it around 18-19 years old (29 now) I put it through some abuse in mud mostly. The worst its probably been through is jumping 6 foot ramps on stock suspension for a whole day. My front tires had a seriously bad camber after the day haha! The other time I treated it badly was I didn't start it for just over a year and it started right up no problem! I think this is probably the toughest lil car on the planet (engine especially) and I'd be willing to pit it against any other stock or upgraded ride minus some baja rides lol! Even after it's worst stuff I have no doubt that the frame is still in good shape and it can take just about anything you can throw at it. I'm currently turning it back into a daily driver for the time being but I def want to either turn it into a crawler or high speed runner. This site has helped me tremendously so I want to return the favor if I can. I will prob start a thread with my most recent work. Thanks for being a great community!

Hello all, I'm new to this forum with a 'new to me' 92SEV6. Looks like it's going to be a baptism by fire into the Pathfinder life for this guy... Less than a month after adopting this truck (still unnamed) he started hemorrhaging oil on a 2hr drive home from the coast. Looked like the culprit was the oil pan gasket so it was changed by a guy I know since my workload was too full for me to find the time. Well, yesterday he finished and I threw the starter that I had freshly cleaned back in today along with fresh oil (synthetic) and filter. took him down the road for a test drive... Copious amounts of oil all over the spotless underside of my truck again... I mean EVERYWHERE below the cam seals on the passenger side of the engine, driver side was spared for the most part. Taking a sabbatical from my 9-5 to handle this in a timely fashion and thinking a conversion kit along with cam seals and a timing belt is what I should do this week. Any suggestions on something I'm missing or anyone want to try and talk me out of what is sure to be the deepest I've ever been in an engine?

Thank ya

Doug

hello all, another young newbie here from New Zealand.

I've owned my pathy for a month now and have found this forum to be the greatest since sliced bread,

thanks for all knowledge on most things pathy and thanks in advance for the stuff i am yet to find out about my beast.

look forward to sharing some pics of my truck and the things this forum has helped me fix / fit / upgrade.

cheers, Cozz (Corey)