Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hello! I am a new R50 Qx4 owner and previous WD21 owner. I still have a D21 king cab and have always wanted a 2001-2004 Pathy or QX4. Years have gone by and kids have taken up most of my time, but about a month ago for some reason I got the bug to look at R50s on craigslist and long story short I bought one yesterday. I pick it up on Monday! I've been trolling the boards to see what mods I want to do. And thanks to many of you here I have some good ideas. Anyway, I'll post some pics when I get it and I'm sure I'll post up some pics of my other trucks as well. Thanks!

Ry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! so a little bio: My name is Paul. Got a 2001 Pathfinder SE and love it!! I've been a part of the NICO forums for a couple years but had trouble getting the confirmation email to get onto here but finally got it. Im still a beginner at doing my own car stuff but i am studying engineering so im kinda mechanically inclined i like to think. I joined to keep my pathfinder going as long as possible, see what everyone else is doing, and to get ideas for my truck. maybe learn a thing or two. So far my pathfinder is kinda stock, Plasti dipped the grill and rear badges and the tail light surround, replaced the stock roof rack with the 02-04 SE roof rack, changed the stereo to Pioneer head unit, removed side step, and added custom 2.25 inch cat-back exhaust. Im not the best with electronics, i prefer something i can see. I plan on installing the Warn hubs this summer (seems within my skill range). let me know what you guys think of it so far.

DSC_0317_2_zpse57c23e0.jpg

image_zps4bd42124.jpg

DSC_0287_2_zpsfccfe16c.jpg

Hey guys! so a little bio: My name is Paul. Got a 2001 Pathfinder SE and love it!! Had it for about 2.5 years now. I've been a part of the NICO forums for a couple years but had trouble getting the confirmation email to get onto here but finally got it. Im still a beginner at doing my own car stuff but i am studying engineering so im kinda mechanically inclined i like to think. I joined to keep my pathfinder going as long as possible, see what everyone else is doing, and to get ideas for my truck. maybe learn a thing or two. So far my pathfinder is kinda stock, Plasti dipped the grill and rear badges and the tail light surround, replaced the stock roof rack with the 02-04 SE roof rack, changed the stereo to Pioneer head unit, removed side step, and added custom 2.25 inch cat-back exhaust. Im not the best with electronics, i prefer something i can see. I plan on installing the Warn hubs this summer (seems within my skill range). let me know what you guys think of it so far.

DSC_0317_2_zpse57c23e0.jpg

image_zps4bd42124.jpg

DSC_0287_2_zpsfccfe16c.jpg

Edited by PJSnow

Is that Rick from the Walking Dead, the little sticker? That's cool. What did you mean by, "It was in a Time Capsule" Is that a literal or figurative statement, as in some little old lady had it in her garage..or something...Nice truck btw, I think that's my next buy, one of those or a QX4.

And this is after the last week since I bought it.

81780b1d-ed0e-47e9-9b4f-71f65ae2ecdc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not new but I've been parked for a while. Turns out my old registration is still valid. Who'd a thunk it.

I have a 95 Pathfinder that I've modded about as much as I need to do what I want. I have an LSD up front adn a Lock-rite in the rear, A performance ECU and headers, an ARB up front and a custom hunk of 1/4" plate in the back that I won at an event a couple years ago. There are other mods but those are the only ones that make it go, so they're all that matter.

I'd parked the the truck for about a year and a half, and have just put it back on the road. It started right up with a new battery and still gets crap for MPG but that's OK, its my fishing and camping car :) Uhhh and going to the range and Scouts.

One thing I need is a rear frame section, from the drivers read coil spring back, its rusted out pretty bat tho there is enough to hold up the bumper. And an Alignment, I need an alignment...might have to replace the LCA bushings...I hope not because that'd be a PITA.

Anyway, I'm back, I never posted much anyway but I'll hang out a bit and enjoy a community I once helped build.

Hey all, Just bought a 93 Pathfinder XE automatic with 185k miles on it and will be starting work on it soon so these forums looked like a good place to get info. It needs some work especially the rear frame from suspension back is really rusted out. It has been rear ended pretty bad and pushed into the vehicle in front. I don't think ill have any problems replacing the front bumper. The rear gate opens and closes ok and seals. The drivers side rear door sticks closed but will open and close and seals good. It also has an exhaust leak in the Y pipe i think but not sure yet. Motor seems to run fine except against a strong wind and uphill. The top end just doesn't have that much power. It also has air shocks on the back and torsion bars cranked in front to lift it for the 32x11.5x50R15LT tires. Fenders rub and also on stock rims. There are some other minor fixes that are needed like an outside door handle needs replaced and gas gauge randomly goes to full and back down but that shouldn't be too hard to fix hopefully.

I'll probably start with a basic tune up on it and work from there. I have no doubt ill have plenty of questions once i get more into it. Thankfully I found this site.

Here's some pics:

ec666baa-404a-4273-97b6-e2ef1952e0ab_zps

0f96fba5-2952-4bfc-a96b-a9212a1a996b_zps

3f626f12-2f4f-435d-ae9e-3ee698201ab4_zps

f84a48e7-8ee0-4181-98f3-a6cb5c5cbbe9_zps

I look forward to hearing from everyone and any advise when I start working on it.

Thanks all

Edited by Nename

Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself. I picked up the truck last week and am very excited to get to work on it (needs a few odds and ends). It is the SEV6 trim level with a 5-speed manual trans. My last Nissan was a '78 280Z, so I'm not sure much will carry over, but the gear box feels oddly familiar.

The car is from the southwest, so rust is pretty minimal, but the horizontal paint surfaces have paid their dues. Clear coat is basically gone and the dash and horizontal interior surfaces have also suffered a bit. It currently has just over 276K on the odometer but has had good maintenance throughout her life and runs and drives well.

I've had one 4X4 in the past, an '86 Toyota 4Runner, for about 8 years, and the comparison has been interesting. I do appreciate not having to get out and lock the hubs in the Nissan, but I've only put on about 150 miles so far, so I'm still getting to know her.

At any rate, I'm pretty handy with a wrench, but I'm by no means an expert mechanic, and have already been finding great stuff on this site (timing belt replacement how-to articles, etc). Going to tackle the door lock clips and holders tomorrow (already replaced the broken driver's door handle) and am putting together a parts list for the timing belt/water pump/tensioner/tune-up that will be ordered in the next couple of days.

But enough about me, here are a few pics of the truck. She needs to be gone over before any real offroading, but I couldn't resist a quick run through some easy trails last weekend.

IMG_20140803_160532.jpg

IMG_20140803_160555.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0515.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0499.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

Hi, I'm Stevo from southern Victoria in Australia. I'm a member fo the Oz Pathy forum but thought I'd join here and see what else I can learn about the Pathy.

I have a 2000 model R50, only a few mod's. Its been a work car for me in the city before moving to the country and its used as a run-about by my wife and our 3 kids have learned to drive in it. Had it from new.

We have done some recent trips prior to winter here and even my wife loved it so that's a green light to me to start a few more modifications. Lift kit via new springs & shocks, some other rims with a zero offset to balance the lift then maybe some engine mod's. Sound system needs work as its great to have good music while you drive to and from the places we go here.

I do have a question, there is a photo of a pathy (not in the ones here but elsewhere on a photo forum of pathy's from North America), its bottle green in colour with a good looking set of wheels, chrome / silver around the rim with black for the spokes, (the car has a Nismo sticker on the rear guard). They look like a Mickey Thompson classic 111 buit with the spec I outlined, they are not the 'classic baja lock' either (I assume MT's have the same names for theit products here in Oz as in the States). I'll try to track down an name for the member if I can but does anyone have any idea about these rims, name / manufacturer? If not, no trouble, I'll find something else, just like 'em and would like some if I can get them here.

Cheers, Stevo.

Edited by Stevo62

Hello all!

Things always seem to crop up with any vehicle I own, so I generally like to seek out and join what I think is the best forum for each one. In this case I've recently purchased a 2001 Pathfinder LE and so far I've been really happy with my purchase! I'm cautiously optimistic of course but it looks like I'm in the clear on the common rust problems (so far) and it doesn't have the shimmy I've heard so much about. Overall it came pretty clean and I aim to keep it that way!

So here's what she looked like the day I signed the papers on her:

IMG_1699-b.jpg

Hello...Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! Port Townsend, Washington to be exact. I have owned my 1987-88 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 for about 1.5 years. I love it. It has 226 mi on it. I have invested in good tires. I have also recently had the brakes done. I love being up high in the saddle and the views are stellar. I love this sight and look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thanks for the welcome! I have just bought a 1994 R3M turbo diesel automatic. I live near Stawell in Victoria, Australia - 230km (about 140miles) West of Melbourne, the state capital. A bit of work to do on the Terrano (front end, mainly) - at least it was cheap - and rust free! (anyone know where there's a good auto trans for a diesel Terrano in Victoria?). Great interior condition, too. This is my introduction to diesel motoring - apart from a couple of trucks I had for business many decades ago. A bit of a change from my 44 year old Holden V8 ute which I hope will sell soon.

I'm am oldie - in my 70s - but still like to go bush and enjoy a bit of four wheel driving. Been doing it most of my life! And there are some good tracks very close by in the Grampians mountains. Ellie and I have travelled a lot of Australia in numerous vehicles: our latest being a Delica (it's actually Ellie's) which we camp in. The Terrano is my toy! So now we are a two 4X4 family!

Hello everyone,

Im Jeff from Colorado, just bought at auction a '97 Pathfinder SE.

She has a few issues, burst evap canister, and a hard starting only when she sits for a few minutes after being driven.

-also the clunk from the rear end when shifting.

(got the can on order, think the starting issue is a fpr or injector leaking-gonna take the manifold off this weekend and have a look- and top control arms are on the fedex truck today). :)

jeffspathfinder1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join the forum. I have a 1992 V6 Pathy and luv it. Have had the car for the past 2 yrs and been able to go places I would not have been had it not been for the pathy. Luv going just off road, nothing wild but just to get into the nicer camping areas.

Hi im new to the forum but not new to pathfimders. I bought a 95 pathfinder in 2011 and I wrecked it in about march 2013. I cant wait till I get another one some day. I am origonally from Utah but i live in North Carolina of the military.

Edited by Billygoatninja

Hello NPORA!! We have owned a 1993 Pathfinder for just over a year. Acquired it from a friend of ours who was the original owner. Bought it to be our daughters 1st car.... And then we discovered how darn fun this thing is to take off road!!!

It's an XE 4x4 with about 192k miles on it. For now we are just getting a few simple issues addressed... Had the valve cover gasket replaced, & now trying to trace down a funky idle problem. Seems like when you reach a cruising speed or are coasting, it likes to buck. Very frustrating since it didn't happen before the gasket was replaced... :/ We swapped out plugs and the distributor. Plug wires are next.

This site has been very helpful so far... And looking at all the mods has given us some ideas... Can't want

to see more! :D

I will figure out how to add a photo... I know there are directions posted.. :blush:

New Guy here from San Diego, CA.

Looking to lift my '97 SE so I can run 31's.

Its a recent purchase and I didn't do any research on the truck before I handed over the cash, so now I am hoping I made a smart decision $2000 later.

Its really clean with no issues at all. 166k miles. Not a drop of fluid from anywhere so its very well taken care of.

I tried posting pics but not having any luck, even with photobucket.

So, stopping in to say hey anyways.