Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hey hey new member here in the Graham Washington area. Anyone local to me want to do nissan stuff?  Hahaha. Anyway, i have been reading about cars for years obsessively but am new to wrenching on things. Any help tips and comments appreciated. I have an all nissan lineup in my household currently with my pretty rare 93 NX2000 (sapphire blue), 95 pathfinder SE-v6 (forest green), 2004 Xterra se-v6 (yellow), and last but not least is our 2008 Altima with the 2.5 4cyl motor and a CVT “shudders in disgust” (white).   I am looking at trying to get together with local Nissan Nuts to wrench, talk, learn, and play with out in the woods. lol. Thanks for having me!!

• Like 1

Just saying hi. Just moved to Australia and after looking at a few cheaper 4wds I ended up with a 2001 Tiv6 pathfinder. Its not in bad nick, couple bumps, couple rust spots. But mechanically it seems great.

Was intending to put a 2in lift on it but to my surprise it had 1 fitted already with king springs and shocks less than 12 months old. Score.

After some ideas floating around my head, plan is to turn it into a day/ weekend camper. A dual battery setup with fridge and draws will be fitted. As far as offroad gear goes, I won't be going mad. It has the factory alloy bull bar fitted and a non descipt bash plate fitted as well.

All ill be fitting will be additional lights, recovery points from and rear as well as a roof tent setup. As well as all the required recovery gear.

• Like 3

Hello all,

Picked up a 1997 Pathfinder XE, manual transmission, about a month ago. It's my first 4x4 and will be moving us from Virginia to Colorado next month. Previous owner put 31" tires on, but didn't add a lift or get wheels with the right backspace. So there is some rubbing right now when the steering is turned all the way. Overall pretty happy with it so far and looking forward to getting it fixed up and out on some trails. 

One of the first things I had to do was replace the coolant recovery tank. They initially sent me one that didn't fit (although the sticker on it says it fits all pathfinders 96-04/QX-4 97-03). Might see if someone on here is interested in it.

IMG_14052021_174944_(600_x_450_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 5:37 PM, DatsunDaddy said:

Hey hey new member here in the Graham Washington area. Anyone local to me want to do nissan stuff?  Hahaha. Anyway, i have been reading about cars for years obsessively but am new to wrenching on things. Any help tips and comments appreciated. I have an all nissan lineup in my household currently with my pretty rare 93 NX2000 (sapphire blue), 95 pathfinder SE-v6 (forest green), 2004 Xterra se-v6 (yellow), and last but not least is our 2008 Altima with the 2.5 4cyl motor and a CVT “shudders in disgust” (white).   I am looking at trying to get together with local Nissan Nuts to wrench, talk, learn, and play with out in the woods. lol. Thanks for having me!!

On 5/5/2021 at 3:28 AM, dirtyleppa said:

Just saying hi. Just moved to Australia and after looking at a few cheaper 4wds I ended up with a 2001 Tiv6 pathfinder. Its not in bad nick, couple bumps, couple rust spots. But mechanically it seems great.

Was intending to put a 2in lift on it but to my surprise it had 1 fitted already with king springs and shocks less than 12 months old. Score.

After some ideas floating around my head, plan is to turn it into a day/ weekend camper. A dual battery setup with fridge and draws will be fitted. As far as offroad gear goes, I won't be going mad. It has the factory alloy bull bar fitted and a non descipt bash plate fitted as well.

All ill be fitting will be additional lights, recovery points from and rear as well as a roof tent setup. As well as all the required recovery gear.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, TombstoneDale said:

Not new to 4x4 but new to the Pathfinder, now i get to correct the last owners mistakes. So here to learn. 1988 SE

23 hours ago, NvssiN said:

Hello all,

Picked up a 1997 Pathfinder XE, manual transmission, about a month ago. It's my first 4x4 and will be moving us from Virginia to Colorado next month. Previous owner put 31" tires on, but didn't add a lift or get wheels with the right backspace. So there is some rubbing right now when the steering is turned all the way. Overall pretty happy with it so far and looking forward to getting it fixed up and out on some trails. 

One of the first things I had to do was replace the coolant recovery tank. They initially sent me one that didn't fit (although the sticker on it says it fits all pathfinders 96-04/QX-4 97-03). Might see if someone on here is interested in it.

IMG_14052021_174944_(600_x_450_pixel).jpg

:welcome:

Welcome to NPORA everybody! Sounds like y'all have some pretty cool rigs, look forward to y'all creating build threads as you mod em!

• Thanks 1

How’s it going guys? Just getting into off-roading and looking forward to all the info and knowledge I can get from the members here! 

Hello - new member in the southern part of heaven (North Carolina).  Have a 1995 Pathfinder - SE.  Bought it with 3 miles on it - just turned 307K -- and may be time to put a lift kit on it and let the "old girl' have some off road fun.  Look forward to connecting, helpful hints, etc.   

Patty Pic.pdf

Hi everyone, I am new member from Ukraine. Have Pathfinder r51 2012 with 4.0 engine. 90k miles on clock. Looking for some useful "tips and tricks" for making my Pathy even more better. 

Already few modifications have been done. Improved vibration/sound resistance, installed bixenon lenses to headlights, etc

Edited by DeD83

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks,

New member from the Central Coast in California. Here to absorb knowledge and share my daily. 

Specs:

2003 Pathfinder LE

Auto Transfer Case & Transmission

Front Lift: AC 2in lift coils, KYB extended Struts

Rear Lift: NRC9449 Springs, Bilstein 5100 extended Shocks

Wheels: U.S. Wheels Series 304, 15x8, -19 offset, 3.75 backspacing

Tires: Falken Wildpeak AT3, 31x10.5

Instagram: Robertiko_138

My other car is: 1989 Volvo 240, dropped on BNE Dynamics coilovers

Next Mods: Underbody Protection, Front Locker, Rear LSD, Sliders

Images are from recent trip to Anza Borrego State Park

V9X096a.jpg

EULMMtC.jpg

cIoxZ7H.jpg

XCDzocv.jpg

Edited by Robertiko_138
  • Like 2

Just ran across this forum. Hoping i can learn a few things. I am  kind of new to owning a Pathfinder/Teranno. I've had many Nissans over the years, 520, 620, 720, D21, Sentra, A60 first Gen Titan, currently own a 2nd gen Titan XD and now I found a JDM Nissan Teranno R50 R3mR 4x4 with the Td27Ti engine. This is my first small diesel. I was a Nissan dealer tech for 17 years and for the next 18 I have worked at Nissan North America factiry as an engineering technologist. My only real experience with a pathfinder was on the USA version from what the customers brought in. I have a lot of things I would like to do to mine as time and money allows, and that was a long time ago. Hopefully I can get get back up to speed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thankyou for letting me join. I am not a serious off roader etc as some of you younger folks. I own a 2010 Pathfinder with the 4.0 V6 with 88,000 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner, My wife has a 2019 Pathfinder with the v6 engine. I am here to learn more about my vehicles, maintaining them properly etc. My 2010 has had the radiator replaced before it became a strawberry milkshake. Nissan does not track the vin so unless you are the original owner you never get notified of recalls. Thankyou , 66 year old lover of Pathfinders.

• Like 2

Hello there to many of you still on here!!

New to this Forum but not to Nissan. I have been a Mechanic for 9 years(4 years Nissan, 1 year Ford, 1 year Scaterpillar stuff, 1 year independent shop and a little over 1.5 years with Forklifts) and like to stay with good old Nissan's. I have my old 1993 SE Sport that I got a little over a year ago and I plan to make it the adventure vehicle. It's got its own problems but slowly but surely(dont call me Shirley) it is making progress. At one point I did own a 1983 280ZX 2+2 Turbo and a 2016 Frontier. Now i have the 93 Pathfinder and my Grandpa's 1994 Ford F-150 XL that he bough new(not so new anymore and needs an overhaul).

I hope to get a lot of information from others here and help others along the way as well!!

• Like 2

Oh hi!  :)

My first car was a manual '05 Altima, but that met an unfortunate end this past April. :(

I pretty much started working on that car during COVID and learned a lot of DIY along the way. I'm nowhere near an expert, but it did help me gain confidence on working on cars.

Anyways, that car could be a major pain in the ass to work on (looking at you, door handle that needed to be replaced) and told myself that the next car will be an American.

...Well here I am yet again with a Nissan for my 2nd and current car. I had buyers remorse when I bought my '94 Pathfinder SE a few weeks ago, but that quickly disappeared as I already love this little tank! Everyone else loves it too: my mom wanted to trade; while driving, one guy in the next lane gave me a thumbs up, and someone already asked if I'm interested in selling it lol

I do wish it was a manual transmission, but the 1st Gens are pretty rare, and I'd be remiss if I didn't jump at the opportunity to buy it while I can! The auto transmission shifts pretty smooth and it's been regularly serviced, so I'm satisfied anyways lol  

Anyways I digress; I hope to fit in here and have some fun learning from all of you! :)

Edited by BlueKrogan
Grammar, elaborations.

Hello everyone,

I have had my Pathfinder for almost a year now. It’s a 2004 platinum. It’s my daily, I don’t really have any big plans for it. Just keep it running I guess. I’ve got the dreaded Large EVAP leak detected code. I’ll eventually get to that.

Waving from northern IL

8479de2131779cf09c46c567ad185880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just got my first Nissan (91 Pathfinder xe).

I live in Olympia, Washington. I've been working on cars sporadically for the last. 20 or so years. Still no where near an expert though.  Haha

I've been an IT professional since 2009. I've done a bit of everything as far as IT is concerned....anything from networking to telephony and most things between( minus programming stuff). So that's where most of my expertise lands now a days. 

I have recently gotten back into mechanical work when I obtained a 1965 Plymouth Baracuda Commando.

Anyways my Pathfinder needs a bit of tlc and am looking forward to getting her to 100% and beyond(modding and lifting and stuff.).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

G'day from Gold Coast, Australia, 

Bought '01 ST Pathfinder for a grand, as is, about a month ago. Couple bumps but fairly good condition, 240000km, drive pretty good besides an issue which seams like a misfire, all electrics inside work.

Cleaned half of Fraser out from around the motor, changed plugs, oil, swapped out leaking steering rack, got her on the road. Found more sand in the airbox, will be giving the throttle body a clean when i get the time. Wheel alignment in the next week or 2.

Im keen to get this misfire type issue sorted, idles fine for 20 seconds then revs drop and she's rough as guts for 10 seconds, revs come good again for about 20seconds and revs drop for 10 and repeat. If i accelerate in Park(30%) it seems a bit restricted but smooth up to 3500rpm then sticks there for about 5 seconds then it zips up to 4000+ like theres no problem. It behaves very similar while driving. Feels sort of like the handbrake is half engaged til 3500rpm, few seconds later its like releasing the handbrake and she goes.

I've replaced all the small vacuum hoses as they were old and perished, but no change.

I tested the TPS with multimeter, values are as they should b, signal values increase smooth while slowly opening the throttle. seams fine.

Any one have any trouble shooting ideas to eliminate or narrow down the possible cause, budget is pretty tight atm but ill be getting some fresh fluids leads filters etc. into her soon as i can. I saw the Fuel filter pretty old n rusty looking today.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, Cheers

new fuel and air filter, minimal change. was removing leads 1 by 1 today and found 1 that had no affect on or off but was producing good spark, but at the next rough cycle when i removed the same lead there was a drop in revs but then a different lead removed would have no affect. What's going on??