Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hello,  Just purchased a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4.  Previous owner had it since 2006 and it is in very good condition.  Purchased for my daughter who just got her driver's permit, but I haven't stopped driving it since I bought it.  It has 147K miles and drives like a dream.  Everything works except cruise control.  

Edited by keithw247
Trying to post a picture of pathfinder
  • Like 1

I have a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder I take off road when I can and I’m slowly building it into a rig that will sustain me for a week+ at a time on remote trips. I’m located in the Bay Area of California.

• Like 1

Hi all, Ive been looking at this site for years, and decided it was time to join you all and say hey, and thanks for some of the tips for fixing my truck.

I've had it since 2016, got it for 400 bucks at an auction, only needed new tires, cat, and battery back then.  Not many problems until a couple of days ago.

I also started classes for becoming a automotive technician so i can build, fix and restore cars/trucks one day.  But I thought i'd get further into the courses before i needed 

or could use my skills....no such luck.  Truck broke down a couple of days b4 my bday lol!  think its a blown head gasket, disappointed but excited to one day be able to take apart and fix this. Anyways, I'm LeVar

Hi, I'm new to the forum, recently my dad gave me a 97 infiniti qx4 as a gift and this weekend I will install M / T tires and a set of 2-inch spacers for tires, I hope to learn a lot from this forum as soon as I can will upload pics of the before and after .

Hello from the Middle East.

I bought a 2002 R50 thru a friends recommendation to serve with my Mountain Biking needs but this region is also known for desert and river off roading.

It has 188k kms and had minor issues but I'm working on it if I have time.

I got the car with 2012 Patrol 20 inch LE rims LOL 

• Like 1

Hello from Vancouver !

Bought my high mileage (290kkm) pathfinder this summer after needing a car because I was recovering from a motorcycle crash, which rendered my unable to daily said motorcycle.

Figured it would be a good daily and get me in the bush in the weekends. Always planned upgrading to something else like a 4runner. But fell in love with my ultra-reliable pathfinder and am building it up as a overland rig, hope to be done with everything in Mai 2021.

So far I have ordered 2inch AC lift front, LR heavy duty NRC9449 springs for the back. Additionally I ordered a rooftop tent + rolout canopy (will arive in Mai, hence the timeline I want my mods done). I also currently have 31inch off-road tires (rubbing) and a lithium battery pack with inverter (homade).

Mods planned in the coming 2months:

*Install lift (keep current OEM struts and current aftermarket shocks), potentially add 1 inch strutspacer in the front to level out truck (?)

*Buy roofrack + instal rooftoptent/canopy

*Additional ledlights 

*New brakes front and back

*1.5 inch wheel spacers for look and tire rubbing

*Manual hubs 

*steel frontbumper from coastaloffroad - with winch

*steel backbumper with tire swing from coastaloffroad

*Potentially bigger tires (32? 33?)

**Yes, lots of new parts in an old pathfinder, sue me ^^

• Like 1

Thank your for indexing all this information!

I purchased a 2004 R50 SE with 130K miles on the meter; Blackety Super Black exterior, Tan leather interior.

The Rubicon trail is literally out my backdoor, but I have no interest in rock crawling & sliding, zero, zilch, nada. 

The purpose of this vehicle is trips to the firing range, hunting, trips to south lake tahoe, and daily driving.  My other car is an insanely fast german sports coupe, with deep horsepower; not tryna turn this into that.

For my sedate lil R50 ground pounder, I'm purchasing the complete OME suspension kit, but not sure if I need the suspension lift spacers too (featured here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-SUSPENSION-FITS-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-INFINITI-QX4-1996-2004-R50-LIFT-KIT-NEW/274294828700?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3Da9315c4e5b5f4b4292a6b967c3aaefc3%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D274294828700%26itm%3D274294828700%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2334524&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

I don't want to put 33's or 35's or anything ridiculously sized, but it seems to me a 31.5 tire is a good starting point to research from.  With the lift and a 17 or 18 inch wheel, what size tire can I run?  Happy to hear your thoughts?

I also don't know, what's the minimum wheel offset I need to keep larger sized tires from rubbing the lifted vehicle?  I like a wider stance, but nothing insane. 

So before I get into all the other details, I'm studying up on tires, wheels, and brakes.  I poked around here a bit before joining and read some comments about R50 brake upgrades, but nothing convincing, yet.  I am interested in larger rotors & calipers, but haven't seen enough on here to know what I need to know yet. 

Glad to read your feedback?

Hello! I am new here, but I have found a TON of very helpful information here for a couple years now so I decided to go ahead and join. I LOVE my 01 QX4, and have modified it a little and dont plan to stop any time soon, as well as fixed/repaired a number of different things on it mechanically. 

Hi, new here! I have had my pathfinder for 2-3 yrs now and pretty active in the fb group. I am doing a SFD soon and joined to check out what others have done! 

Welcome. The Facebook group and this site have no relation. We try to keep them separate as there is a lot of misinformation on Facebook.

Sent from my Pathfinder

4 hours ago, R50JR said:

Welcome. The Facebook group and this site have no relation. We try to keep them separate as there is a lot of misinformation on Facebook.

Sent from my Pathfinder

No worries, sorry about that! 

Hello all, just bought a one owner (I’m number two) 93 se with 180k kms on it. Thanks to everyone on this site, proved an invaluable source of information preparing to buy, and after about 100 km drive home I have to say I’m very happy. Look forward to following along here and moulding and repairing as needed! See y’all around. 

Happy to be here. I am not usually one to partake in media platforms but the off-road bug really got me. I have owned two pathfinders, my first a 95 XE and my 01(.5) LE.
This one had a problem with the ICV leading to the TCM, both were replaced with a cleaning of the throttle-body while I had it open. The radiator fan clutch was seized as well but other than that it runs well with over 250K.  I am looking to make my first real off road trip this summer to feel things out and see what it can do, find out what I would like it to be able to do better. 

Thank you for having me here and I look forward to seeing the different builds this community has put together. 

D

G'day from Australia,

I have just bought my second R50 Pathy as a project car. I grew up 4WDing in North Queensland in my first Pathy and now I've got time in my life to relive old glories so I bought a 2001 R50 Ti (Sunroof still works). It's got 225K miles on the clock and all of them have been done by a little old couple who bought it new when he retired from the railways. Best $2800 I ever spent! In a few months I will be taking her on the Old Telegraph Track on Australia's Cape York Peninsula. It's a pretty serious track with lots of river crossings and some intermediate level obstacles.

I'll be pouring over the forums for hints and ideas as well as trouble to look out for. So far I've replaced all filters hoses and the radiator and i'll start on the transmission and running gear closer to the date. Cosmetically she's had a 2" lift, some nice new 31" shoes and a bullbar (mostly so the 31's don't rub on the front guards!). She'll get a roof rack to chuck the spare on so I can mount a fridge in the rear with a dual battery system.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning a lot.

PTS

This is an awesome site, just bought myself a 98 Pathfinder Se 150,000 km, in great shape for the year and I am looking to put a little more money into sprucing it up! So looking forward to exploring the info in the forum and getting some great Ideas! I am here in Moncton New Brunswick Canada!

Resized 2.jpg

Resized 3.jpg

• Like 1

I'm the smallest adult on the farm, so I do the oil changes on pretty much everything.

The web forum's thread expressing opinions on the location of the oil filter pretty much saved my sanity.

Nice to know I've got a place to get make/model specific answers from people who have practical experience - thank you!

Just bought a 2012 Pathfinder S, 4.0 V6 2WD. Only 68K miles. First time owning a Nissan truck. Would love to know what I don't know. Any tips of advice specific to this truck?

G'day from Australia,
I have just bought my second R50 Pathy as a project car. I grew up 4WDing in North Queensland in my first Pathy and now I've got time in my life to relive old glories so I bought a 2001 R50 Ti (Sunroof still works).

Always fun to have some Aussies on here. You’ll find you have much better aftermarket support domestically than we do in the States. We also only have the petrol engines 3.3VG & 3.5VQ. There are a few other Australians & some Kiwis on here but you should also look at the PCoA forum which is Australian. I find it interesting & you’ll probably find some of your more regional questions answered there.
Welcome!

Hi,  Just joined.   Bought my 1989 Nissan Pathfinder SE  2 Door,  5 speed,  4WD,  3.0L V6, WD21, New with 15 miles.   Now have 170K + miles.   Changed oil, replaced timing belt, Water pump,  PS pump, plugs,  and other minor keep it running things.   About one on the most dependable low maintenance vehicles I have ever owned.   Install oversize tires, heavy duty front bumper with 4K lbs Warner wench.  Yes,  I do take it off road when I can.   

Glad I found this group. 

Bruce