Welcome New Members !

Precise1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, Wallywal said:

Hello all. This is all very new to me so excuse me if I'm not in the right spot.

I wanted to share my 1990 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 with the Sport Package.  I bought this from the estate of the original owner a while back and I think that it's pretty special. The original owner was a single lady who purchased it new in Phoenix AZ and always kept it garaged at the same home for it's entire life. It has just over 51,000 original miles on it and being in AZ, it has no rust whatsoever.  It's stunningly original throughout with virtually no wear on the interior and a most excellent exterior. It even has the original floor mats and has never been smoked in. The original owner was OCD about this vehicle and had every bit of maintenance and repair documented and included her own notes (I have files of the stuff). I even have the original window sticker, cancelled check used to buy it, original spare cover and the dealership promo brochures.  

It had been sitting for a few years so I had it towed to my mechanic and had everything gone through front to back to put it into "daily driver" condition.  I wanted to be able to take it anywhere, even off-road without a second thought so I really had it gone through.  I replaced all fluids including differentials and coolant, timing belt and water pump, u-joints on rear drive shaft, new drive belts, shocks, muffler and tailpipe, battery and even the gas struts on the rear hatch and window. Absolutely everything works including the AC. There was always a dash-mat on the dash  so it's perfect too.  I put 4 brand new BF Goodrich KO2's on it and it had the optional 31X10 5R15 tires originally.  The sport package includes 15" alloy wheels and tires, glass flip-up sunroof with shade, limited slip differential, rear disk brakes, outside tire carrier, wheel locks, fog lights, fender flairs and running boards. The transfer case had a small leak and the original owner tried to address it at one point. I determined that there was a tiny crack so I sourced a transfer case in AZ that came from the same year Pathfinder that had 101K original miles and had it installed. I'm as obsessive as the original owner and none of my vehicles leak anything....ever.

This is probably the only one like it anywhere.  People drove these things like trucks so to find one so well preserved is pretty rare I guess.  I didn't slick it up, polish hoses or shine the interior. It was so clean, that I vacuumed and washed it and did a quick polish to protect the paint.  It's about as honest as a 30 year old vehicle gets.

So, I'm really happy to have this gem of a truck but it doesn't get hardly any use. It seems too nice to take off road so I drive it sometimes for pleasure but I'm not sure what I'll do with it ultimately.  Sometimes I think that it should have a home with someone who will use it more often. I use my other rides for off road, camping etc. I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 with 151,000 miles and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with 70,000 original miles. It has a nice home in my garage and maybe it will get out more now that the weather is getting cooler in AZ. 

I've posted a link to my photos. Hope that you enjoy them and find my "one of a kind" Pathy interesting and fun to look at.

https://imgur.com/a/84YV7Xm

Wow, that thing really looks stunning! Great history for it, lucky score!

On 10/31/2020 at 1:26 PM, Luie.89 said:

Hello everyone my name is Luis im from bullhead Arizona its a pleasure to be here amongst fellow patty lovers sadly mine is not currently running, but hopefully with your help i can change that 

:welcome:

Welcome to NPORA!

On 12/18/2011 at 11:28 PM, 88MudFinder said:

Hey , im from British Columbia Canada!

My names dalton , i recently got an 88 pathfinder SE for offroading

ive read some good stuff on the forums so far!

i will be posting about lots as im new to pathfinders!

Hey! Im in Saskatoon Sk!   Same year of pathfinder . mines a 2 door standard V6 .

What have you been working on so far?

Hi everyone! My names Pablo.

I'm from the NorthWest of Spain, Galicia! 

Maybe one of the best places for offroading in my country.

I'm the proud owner of a couple of Nissan Terrano (Pathfinder) WD21 4WD (2.7 T engine). From 1988 (33s, body&s.lift, full locked ARB (IFS too)) and 1990 (stock)

Both totally restore saved from a car scrapping. 

Last 5 years I was reading and learning really good stuff on this forum from all of you. Thanks so much for your time and knorledge!

Right now....maybe I can help someone.

Hi Guys, I'm Jarodt. I own a 2006 R51 2.5cdi auto. It's my work horse up here in WA. I added a lift, Roobar, Solar, dual batteries, roofracks, basket, long draws in the back, awning, light inside and outside, led bar.

Now i struggle with a repair and after not finding any help regionally, I thought I'd look for a Forum to find a wider audience. Here I am ;)

Hello all, I recently purchased a 2010 Pathfinder LE 4wd. It is Super Black Metallic with leather interior, has the Bose sound system and nav. I was pretty excited to find it in such good condition with one owner and about 87k miles. It currently has Michelin LTX AT2’s and is all stock.

I had a 2009 Xterra Offroad in the past and really liked it, did some minor things to it like serpentine belt, air/cabin filters, hood strut conversion and put Bilstein 5100’s in it (but didn’t lift it).

I needed something with more space so was looking for a Pathfinder.

I plan to keep it mostly stock but would like to do similar things, I ordered a hood strut kit, struts for the back hatch and window and cabin air filters.

It had a chrome brush guard on the front which I removed (I don’t need it and like the look without better, it is for sale in Nor-Cal if anyone is interested).

I do need to find some stock front tow hooks to put back where the brush guard was.

This will be mostly driven in town and car camping but I would like to do more road trips and explore some fire roads, etc. with my family.

The Pathfinder has a lower ground clearance than I expected which makes me want to consider a mild lift, just to pass over small objects on dirt roads if necessary. I know the Bilstein’s I purchased for my Xterra are supposed to be able to provide a lift if you use a different setting and I’m sure I will look on this forum for guidance in the future.

Thanks!

090136D6-7E25-4DA7-AF38-78FC77571405.jpeg

New member. Just purchased my first Pathfinder. Looking forward to upgrading for off-roading. It will also be my daily driver. So far enjoying all the info on this forum. I live in Phoenix,AZ. 

Edited by Coach13

Hello NPORA,

Newbie here and I just bought my first Pathy. I got my 1994 XE for 200$ but it has a shot tranny. I have a post about that including all the symptoms go check it out and reply to it if your experienced enough. I'm a young man trying to go wheeling, Help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, Fleadaggy said:

Hey all, I live in The PNW (Pacific Northwest), USA. I snowboard, rock climb, and hike throughout the mountains in Washington and Oregon. I just purchased a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE V8 4WD (R51) with 115k miles. I’m new to Nissan and hoping it will last 250k miles as my project outdoor car, so I’m looking to learn from others on this forumemoji2.png. I want to rig it up, so I can reach some trails that I haven’t been able to make in the PNW. I’m also considering getting a light RV trailer to tour around the US with my 2 dogs emoji190.png. I also want it to look badass when I drive through the cityemoji2369.png. Here are some photos of it stock when I purchased it:33970e706fa3ad8673d25a7cec0f3ee2.jpg

To start, I’m having Accessory Outfitters in Portland put on an ARB suspension kit lifting it 2.5”-3” to prepare for some 33s. Rose City dip is going to plasti dip my emblems, trim, grill, and stock rims Matte Black.

Feel free to send me recommendations and suggestions. I’m all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I am new on here and just saw your post, it looks like we have a very similar Pathfinder. I just got a black 2010 LE 4wd with black leather interior and about 87k miles on it.

They both look great!

• 1 month later...

Been a member since summer 2020 thought I'd finally add some picks of my modified r50 its a 99 30th anniversary edition that I bought shortened then built bumpers for cut fenders and put on 33 12.5 15 tires its basically just a bush toy its barely streetable mostly just gets pulled on a tow bar to maclean creek wheeled hard and put away wet

Hi all. Bill in Idaho. Not a big forum guy, but had to find a resource to help figure out mods and repairs. I haven't found anyone in ID to help me so glad I found this forum. 

93' pathy with some great mods' by Kenny outta California. (think one of Steveo's buddies) SAS with the rock assault yota axle, coil overs, sliders, grizzly locker in the rear, etc. All done by Kenny fabricator guy and design ideas by a guy nick named 'Soup'.  

I was a noob to rock crawling/ overland - these guys helped get into it. I love it and LOVE my Pathfinder!

images (16).jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, buchwe said:

Hi all. Bill in Idaho. Not a big forum guy, but had to find a resource to help figure out mods and repairs. I haven't found anyone in ID to help me so glad I found this forum. 

93' pathy with some great mods' by Kenny outta California. (think one of Steveo's buddies) SAS with the rock assault yota axle, coil overs, sliders, grizzly locker in the rear, etc. All done by Kenny fabricator guy and design ideas by a guy nick named 'Soup'.  

I was a noob to rock crawling/ overland - these guys helped get into it. I love it and LOVE my Pathfinder!

images (16).jpg

I’m one of the few/only other active members from Idaho, I spend a lot of time in the owyhees with my R50, what part of the state are you in?

Just saying Hi as a New Member. It was a suggestion to join from YouTuber Tyler Smith a very knowledgeable young man. Sure is nice to see a lot of members on here.

I have a 1996 Pathfinder. Still looking for more info on what a Peak to Peak Edition is. Not sure if I have an LE,SE or XE or what it is and nothing on the trim or paper work that I could find. If you have info let me know. Going to start off with a lift kit and keep going from there. Thanks again I'm headed over to a FAQ.

• Like 2

Hello Pathfinder enthusiasts! 

Thanks for having me, I'm Dan "the Hitman" from Wisconsin & Illinois. I'm rolling in the '05 Pathfinder XE that I purchased primarily for it's cool look and towing capacity. I purchased a little Speed Boat a few summer's ago and she does the trick...a steady 16mpg with or without the boat! She's a great truck for packing a lot of kids & luggage while offering plenty of power and luxury comforts at the same time.  I've got some beefier tires which make it stand-out from most Pathfinder's on the road, just a tad more aggressive. While the pics I'm seeing on this forum really have me drooling at the off-roading I haven't had a chance to take mine out anywhere more extreme than North WI back-roads.   I must say she's a blast in the Snow, which I had an opportunity to test out the 4WD this last weekend..WHAT A BLAST!  I'm a car, motorcycle, and music enthusiast currently working for Harley Davidson. Your forum brought me here looking for insight on a little intermittent ignition problem I'm experiencing. I'm going to hit-up Jim with a direct inquiry but also look forward to getting ideas for my Pathfinder from all the great posts I'm seeing here! 

Hello everybody,

I am Efthymis from Greece!

I own a second-handed Pathfinder '08 about six months now and we use it mostly as a family car but also for some excursions in the mountains.

I am glad to be part of this forum.

Hi. Glad to be hear. i know i have had trouble trying to join the site few months ago after searching some info on here. But was finally able to get signed up. I got some good answers so figured it would be a great place to be a part of. I have a 2001 Pathfinder SE with under 200k on  her, and a steel of a deal. I have some big plans for it. Doing the few things I can as I can afford them. But Its cold right now. lol

Howdy all. I'm in eastern Texas and I recently acquired a 99.5 Pathfinder SE 4WD from a close friend who had it since new. It has only 105K miles on it. I just replaced the timing belt and water pump and hoses/belts/radiator/AC compressor and tie rod ends. I also put 255/70/16 ATs on it. I really love it! I am wanting to put on the SF Creations rear 1" spring spacers just to give the old rear springs a little help. Any comments on that would be helpful. 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, RutBut442 said:

Hi. Glad to be hear. i know i have had trouble trying to join the site few months ago after searching some info on here. But was finally able to get signed up. I got some good answers so figured it would be a great place to be a part of. I have a 2001 Pathfinder SE with under 200k on  her, and a steel of a deal. I have some big plans for it. Doing the few things I can as I can afford them. But Its cold right now. lol

:welcome:

Welcome! Glad you got the sign up handled, there were some issues with that for a little while unfortunately. Definitely share what you do to your rig as the weather warms up!

On 2/11/2021 at 10:11 PM, Robster4777 said:

Howdy all. I'm in eastern Texas and I recently acquired a 99.5 Pathfinder SE 4WD from a close friend who had it since new. It has only 105K miles on it. I just replaced the timing belt and water pump and hoses/belts/radiator/AC compressor and tie rod ends. I also put 255/70/16 ATs on it. I really love it! I am wanting to put on the SF Creations rear 1" spring spacers just to give the old rear springs a little help. Any comments on that would be helpful. 

Wow, sounds like a great find! A 1" rear spacer would definitely help bring the rear end up, but if you'd like to increase the load carry capacity at all I'd look into Old Man Emu springs or some Land Rover springs.

6 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

Glad you got the sign up handled, there were some issues with that for a little while unfortunately.

I have seen some complaints about that on the Facebook page, sounds like it still isn't working right for some people.

Hello all. I'm from the PDX area of the PNW. I picked up my stock '02 R50 in 2019 with around 72k miles on it from one of those seemingly sketchy used car auction flippers off of craigslist. This is my first 4x4 and second Nissan after owning a 2000 Frontier for the last 20 years. Feels weird to not have a truck bed but I'm getting over it. Anyway...I love the Pathfinder. I took it to the Browns Camp OHV park with my buddy and his stock 4runner a couple weeks ago and I know it's cliche at this point to say but I was amazed at what this thing can do in it's stock form. My buddy and I are going to start modding our respective trucks gradually and I'm hoping to document the jobs with video/pics. I've already learned a ton from this forum, so thank you! 

• Like 1