Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hello umm pathfinder people.I've just bought a 95 xe automatic 4wd.She's in amazing shape overall.I haven't had the chance to really go through everything as of yet but aside from a pesky vibration at around 45 everything seems great...166k original miles with no leaks is a great start though.I'll post pics as soon as I can.thanks for all the help in advance

• Like 1

hey all its boz from bend oregon.

thought its about time to get on the forums since my new pathfinder is nice enough to fix(i.e. its not a gambler 500 race truck).

i am a long time lurker from when i had my hardbody till the 99 gambler, till the new one i attained last week.

glad to have found ya guys again

regards boz

• Like 1

Hi guys, im the owner of 99 pathy which i bought one month ago. I am in love with this car. And thanks to all of you guys i will make it even more better and nicer to look. Reguards from Montenegro, ex Yugoslavia

• Like 2

owner of 99 pathy which i bought one month ago. I am in love with this car. And thanks to all of you guys i will make it even more better and nicer to look. Reguards from Montenegro, ex Yugoslavia

Welcome! Make sure you follow on NPORA as well, it’s the primary forum for Nissan Pathfinder/Terrano/QX4 (collectively the Nissan R50) owners.

• 2 weeks later...
New here, just found this forum.  I have a 95 XE V6 4x4,  its my daily driver and i offroad almost every weekend.  Excited to see what i can learn here.
Welcome to the NPORA community. You'll love,learn and fill your head full of useful information. Welcome aboard.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• Like 1

Hi there, i'm Juan, i live in Colombia and just bought a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder LE AUTOMATIC 3.3L V6 SOHC. A friend of mine wasn't using it and he sold it to me at a really good price. I'm actually glad i found this forum/website because im having a hard time finding off road suspensión and spare parts. I want to put 32 tires and also wanted to know if it would be an issue. Hope i can find answers here. I've had Nissan before (2011 frontier 2.5 diesel) so i kinda know what im getting into but being an old car, it hasnt been easy finding replacement like the roof racks/bars. 

Thanks, Juan.

patty.jpg

Edited by Yardi
uploaded wrong tic.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Yardi said:

Hi there, i'm Juan, i live in Colombia and just bought a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder LE AUTOMATIC 3.3L V6 SOHC. A friend of mine wasn't using it and he sold it to me at a really good price. I'm actually glad i found this forum/website because im having a hard time finding off road suspensión and spare parts. I want to put 32 tires and also wanted to know if it would be an issue. Hope i can find answers here. I've had Nissan before (2011 frontier 2.5 diesel) so i kinda know what im getting into but being an old car, it hasnt been easy finding replacement like the roof racks/bars. 

Thanks, Juan.

patty.jpg

:welcome:

The R50 section should have answers to lots of your questions!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,  My name is Brian and I just bought my first Pathfinder.  It is a 1994 White SE Automatic.  I have a 2006 Titan that I ran out of things to modify so I am going to use my Pathfinder a restore job that is capable off road but remains visually stock to use as a daily driver.   I bought it last weekend for $1,600 with 194,000 miles.  Check out my Titan below which I call my Hardbody Titan.  I used WD21 hood vents and a 1987 D21 Nissan 4x4 emblem on the grille.

SmallHardbodyTitan.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RearAxleSeal said:

Howdy,  My name is Brian and I just bought my first Pathfinder.  It is a 1994 White SE Automatic.  I have a 2006 Titan that I ran out of things to modify so I am going to use my Pathfinder a restore job that is capable off road but remains visually stock to use as a daily driver.   I bought it last weekend for $1,600 with 194,000 miles.  Check out my Titan below which I call my Hardbody Titan.  I used WD21 hood vents and a 1987 D21 Nissan 4x4 emblem on the grille.

SmallHardbodyTitan.jpg

Very nice Titan!  Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the Pathfinder restoration.

1998 QX4 R50 needed new tires and ended up finding a forum in here for Land Rover springs and lift kits. Got everything ready for upgraded suspension and new (used) Craigslist wheels and tires. 

I will post some before and after to the original thread about LR springs

• Like 2

Hello everyone.

I’ve been searching for a vehicle to take on adventures with me wherever I go.  After doing some research for a vehicle with good off road capabilities, reliable, easy to work on, and great looks, in my opinion.  I’ve decided to go with the R50 pathfinder.  I came across a clean 2002 SE and couldnt pass up the opportunity to make the purchase.  

I’m happy to be apart of the community and will post more photos of my progress as I go.  

Thanks for having me. 

5BC991EB-1FCE-4555-B87E-92B284B20ABD.jpeg

• Like 2

I bought my 1993 from it's first owner in 1994 and I've been driving it since. It has 233,000+ miles on it now. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. It's still my primary vehicle so I can only do repair work on it that I can do over a weekend. I'm getting ready to replace the valve cover gaskets. I've been reasearching all of the connections to the intake plenum so that I can get all the right replacement parts when I get into to it. Once I get started I'll post some pictures. In the meantime, if anyone can point me toward some self help on the job I'd appreciate it.

hi there! i’ve has my 2003 pathfinder se for about a two months now and have lurked and lurked on here like a dummy without introducing myself on this thread!! i love this truck and have done some modifications since but this isit in its original state when i bought it. 24e5b4747e0bef812f6ffc83f079f8fd.jpge9a442faea04f38307804703160d78a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spicyheckboi said:

hi there! i’ve has my 2003 pathfinder se for about a two months now and have lurked and lurked on here like a dummy without introducing myself on this thread!! i love this truck and have done some modifications since but this isit in its original state when i bought it. 24e5b4747e0bef812f6ffc83f079f8fd.jpge9a442faea04f38307804703160d78a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the exact same truck! I like it.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm Alexander from Belgium and I'm currently overlanding in an 2001 3500 V6 Pathfinder le.

I bought it in Los Angeles from a guy who allready did all the goodies...

Lifted, shielded, pia's , 33 BFG , bumper guards,...

I love the Pathfinder. Too bad I can't drive it home.

Currently in Mazatlan Mexico and going South to ... Well no idea actually.

Stumbled on the forum after I asked a question on the expedionportal.

I'm currently having some problems with an oily ignition coil giving a misfire. Hoping to get some help from you guys. But will post in the correct subforum.

This link should give you some photo's of my current home:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LYbaFtR7vE2GRVqV6

Cheerio,

Alex

Hello,

Just got myself a 2001 Pathfinder LE 4x4. about 158k miles its Green and idc! ?

Found this site as a comment in Expedition Portal.

I am looking to find a guide to build a mild off road car for my newly obtained DD pathfinder.  - - - - let me know if you can help or point me in the right direction!

I have no experience to lifting trucks and increasing wheels / tire sizes. I started going up the mountains 2-3 years ago and I don't want to chain anymore!

I’ve decided to go with the R50 pathfinder.  I came across a clean 2002 SE

hi there! i’ve has my 2003 pathfinder se

Hi there, I'm Alexander from Belgium and I'm currently overlanding in an 2001 3500 V6 Pathfinder le.

Hello,Just got myself a 2001 Pathfinder LE 4x4. about 158k miles its Green and idc!

Hi everyone! We’re glad to have you and I think you’ll find this a very usefull and welcoming community.

Unfortunately, let me start off with a little bit of bad news in an effort to prevent catastrophe. It is an uncommon, but frequent enough occurrence, for the screws on the power valves on the automatic transmission models to come loose and be ingested by the engine. Sometimes this happens without effect, but it’s usually discovered when it kills the engine. Nissan had TSBs to repair this problem on the Altimas & sport Sentras with the same engine & lost a Class Action Lawsuit on it in California with the Pathfinders. Otherwise, Nissan sadly never acknowledged the problem in R50s & did not alert owners. I was a victim and I know of 3 others in the last 2 years. The fix takes about 2-3 hours and can be done with fairly basic mechanical skills or by a mechanic. I strongly urge you to address it as soon as possible to avoid this sad fate. Below is a link to the best thread available regarding the repair.

POWER VALVES
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/page-1

• Like 2

Just saying Hi and searching the boards.

I have a 1996 or a 11/95 manf. date  RECEIPT Vehicle 

4x4se auto trans

.  And a 1997 or 11/96 manf. date  DONOR

4x4se standard trans

ALL mechanical portion of the swap DONE

ecu swapped

STILL NO START

:welcome:

No crank? More than likely it's an inhibitor issue. Auto trans trucks won't crank unless they're in park or neutral, manual won't crank unless the clutch is in. Either bypass your inhibitor or swap in the inhibitor setup from the donor. Service manuals w/wiring diagrams available here. If that doesn't do it, make a separate thread and you'll get more views.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Hi everyone! We’re glad to have you and I think you’ll find this a very usefull and welcoming community.

Unfortunately, let me start off with a little bit of bad news in an effort to prevent catastrophe. It is an uncommon, but frequent enough occurrence, for the screws on the power valves on the automatic transmission models to come loose and be ingested by the engine. Sometimes this happens without effect, but it’s usually discovered when it kills the engine. Nissan had TSBs to repair this problem on the Altimas & sport Sentras with the same engine & lost a Class Action Lawsuit on it in California with the Pathfinders. Otherwise, Nissan sadly never acknowledged the problem in R50s & did not alert owners. I was a victim and I know of 3 others in the last 2 years. The fix takes about 2-3 hours and can be done with fairly basic mechanical skills or by a mechanic. I strongly urge you to address it as soon as possible to avoid this sad fate. Below is a link to the best thread available regarding the repair.

POWER VALVES
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/page-1

thank you for this. I think my uncle warned me about this when I purchased the vehicle but I did not pay much attention to that statement and thought I'll just take care of it when i hear the knock. I will definitely look into this and discuss it with him so he can help me take care of this.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I have had my Pathfinder since 2009, we bought it with 24k miles and as today only 129k. Never had any issues and I have been doing preventive maintenance by other forums advise. Mine is a 2008 4.0 V6 automatic SE model. 

Thanks everyone 

1 minute ago, elcapix said:

Hello everyone. I have had my Pathfinder since 2009, we bought it with 24k miles and as today only 129k. Never had any issues and I have been doing preventive maintenance by other forums advise. Mine is a 2008 4.0 V6 automatic SE model. 

Thanks everyone 

Welcome!  You'll want to look into it further, but I believe those have an issue with the radiator allowing the transmission fluid and coolant to mix, taking out the transmission.  You can prevent it by bypassing the factory transmission cooler in the radiator and adding an external one.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody! Just bought my second pathfinder (an 03’ SE), I previously had a 97’ SE but kept it stock so I never chose to actually make an account and introduce myself here. I however am more active on the pathfinder Facebook pages. I look forward to actually doing some slight modifications to this one as it’s still my daily driver and we usually take our Jeep off-roading. Thanks! 

• Like 1