Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hey Everyone,

first time Nissan Owner, I bought a '93 Pathfinder SE with 211000 miles on it for $600 from a friend, overall clean interior, no major mechanical, less a CV joint that needs replacing, a water pump that will need to be replaced and a valve cover gasket (which I already had fixed). I'm fairly mechanical but have a bad uneven driveway that's dangerously uneven and uncovered to work on anything. I came here to learn more about fixing this truck up and get recommendation on best upgrades and common mistakes.

NisSon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Paths and Finders

Just gotta '96 SE, the engine is strong purrs like a kitten, though transfer case it came with is in need of replacement and it did not come with front drive line attached. Oh and a terrible water leak from god knows where, have to carry extra water with me everywhere i go.

Hey Everyone, 

Overpaid for a '94 XE with 255k on 33's (I think...) with no lift (major rubbing on the wheel well) and a custom welded roof rack. Engine still running strong, although I just got ECU Codes for O2 and Knock sensors so I need to figure out how to address that...I'm mechanically inclined but really haven't worked with vehicles much. I'd like to build a cheap offroad/overland rig from this as a starting point. 

Hope to utilize this forum for info on how to make it happen.

http://tinypic.com/r/13z3j1c/9

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello,

Been reading this forum since the day I picked up my 1997 Infiniti QX4 (pathfinder in a tuxedo) and have learned a great lot about the vehicle since and have already started some modifications and repairs. Vehicle mechanically seems really good and the body has next to no rust besides the side steps. Currently have an Auxbeam lightbar installed in the front grill, a roof basket with an extension and some Cooper AT/W's waiting to be put on.

Decided ive posted enough to show off the new rig. This vehicle is primary a winter vehicle (not beater, more defeater ?) and hopefully will get to do some light/medium off roading.

Photo 2018-09-18, 12 00 17 PM.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KRG said:

Hey Everyone, 

Overpaid for a '94 XE with 255k on 33's (I think...) with no lift (major rubbing on the wheel well) and a custom welded roof rack. Engine still running strong, although I just got ECU Codes for O2 and Knock sensors so I need to figure out how to address that...I'm mechanically inclined but really haven't worked with vehicles much. I'd like to build a cheap offroad/overland rig from this as a starting point. 

Hope to utilize this forum for info on how to make it happen.

http://tinypic.com/r/13z3j1c/9

Cheers!

First of all, :welcome:

Looks like a very clean Pathfinder, great find!  Definitely waaaaay too large of tires for stock though, definitely need to get it lifted.  I'm not a WD21 guy so I can't say for sure, but I think a 3" body lift or 3" suspension lift should get you the lift you need, if not then very close.  Personally I'd do a 2" suspension lift with preloading the torsion bars and rear spacers, and then a 2" or 3" body lift.  Since you say you think you overpaid for it, I'm just guessing you don't have a lot of room in the budget, hence why I'm not suggesting going with a full blown 3" lift as they can be rather expensive, although I'm sure you can find more detailed options in the WD21 sections.  Again, welcome!

2 hours ago, TroyButler said:

Hello,

Been reading this forum since the day I picked up my 1997 Infiniti QX4 (pathfinder in a tuxedo) and have learned a great lot about the vehicle since and have already started some modifications and repairs. Vehicle mechanically seems really good and the body has next to no rust besides the side steps. Currently have an Auxbeam lightbar installed in the front grill, a roof basket with an extension and some Cooper AT/W's waiting to be put on.

Decided ive posted enough to show off the new rig. This vehicle is primary a winter vehicle (not beater, more defeater ?) and hopefully will get to do some light/medium off roading.

Photo 2018-09-18, 12 00 17 PM.jpg

:welcome:

Keep the rust off it and you should be defeating winters for years to come!  Nice ride!

• Like 1

Greetings from Norway ?

I just bought this 2010 Pathfinder R51 with 89000km (55k miles) on it. It has the 2.5L YD25DDTi turbodiesel. Registered as a 2-seater cargo hauler because of weird tax legislation.

43624269205_9120264329_c.jpg

This will serve two purposes. In winter months this will be my ride. The rest of the year it will serve as the forest mule.

Car feels pretty tight, so far. I hope to keep it for a long while.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new here. Bought a pathy r50a few months ago. im in love. I need to upgrade my shocks and coil springs to give it a lift, plus the stock ones are ragged out. Is there a particular brand yall reccomend. This my first car and i dont really know much. Thanks 

Hi all, new here. Bought a pathy r50a few months ago. im in love. I need to upgrade my shocks and coil springs to give it a lift, plus the stock ones are ragged out. Is there a particular brand yall reccomend. This my first car and i dont really know much. Thanks 

Welcome! You’ll love it & NPORA will be a great resource for you.

I’m the self appointed Power Valve Evangelist so here goes: One notable issue with these trucks that all new owners should know is the power valve issue. It’s only about 2-3* work yourself or at a shop & can save you an engine.
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/?do=embed

23 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Welcome! You’ll love it & NPORA will be a great resource for you.

I’m the self appointed Power Valve Evangelist so here goes: One notable issue with these trucks that all new owners should know is the power valve issue. It’s only about 2-3* work yourself or at a shop & can save you an engine.
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/?do=embed

Thank you. That is definelty something that i will look into. It is too complicated for me at the moment. Im still learning a lot about engines and stuff. i will probably have a mechanic look into it over the summer. God bless

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to NPORA and semi new to Nissan. I got 2 pathys: one is a gray on black 99 r50 vg33 2x4 stock that I picked up randomly 5 years ago because I needed transportation and the other I just picked up a week ago because i fell in love with pathys and it brought back my dream of making a runner/crawler. It is a gray black on black 03 r50 vg35 4x4 stock also. I've always wanted to build a runner/crawler and I think that my 03 r50 will be it. I've tinkered with cars for more than 15 years so I know a good amount about working on them. I could be called a garage mechanic. ? I'm planning on making the 03 r50 a mild project but who knows it might become a wild project if I become even more in love with it. Any help along the way to my dream would be much appreciated. Oh and I'm in Northern California near Roseville and I would like to join any meets if there are any to share any ideas and info on these rings. 

My plans for this rig is:

*Front winch bumper

*Rear HD / more clearance bumper

*Maybe 2-3" lift

*Bigger tires 31s or 33s, whichever will fit better

*Nice roof rack for cargo and maybe tent conversion

*All around led lighting bars and pods

*Interior ideas ( storage, led lighting and guage lighting)

*******and probably other stuff along the way

*Pics of my loves coming soon*

P.S. sorry for the long intro, I'm just soo excited about finding this site. 

• Like 1

Welcome!

Definitely get your power valves done on the ‘03
POWER VALVES

Northern Cal has this fabricator who made a nice looking bumper for about $1,000
http://rockandroadperformance.com/plate-bumper-process/#comment-200

• Like 1

@RainGoat

8 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Welcome!

Definitely get your power valves done on the ‘03
POWER VALVES

Northern Cal has this fabricator who made a nice looking bumper for about $1,000
http://rockandroadperformance.com/plate-bumper-process/#comment-200

Thanks for the greet and the info about the power valves. I will definately check up on that. 

Also the link for the bumper, OMG that's almost 100% what I had pictured in my mind for my front. (Minor changes on the lights). 

THANKS AGAIN @ RainGoat for some great starting info

• Like 1

Hello, Everyone!

Honestly, I don't have a Pathfinder (at least not yet)...as explained in my profile, I have a Nissan 1995 XE 4x4 Pickup Truck (hey, it's the closest thing to a Pathfinder without actually being one)...I'm here because I bought this truck about a month ago and it needs a lot of work, and you guys and gals being the "go to" folks on Pathfinders will be a lot of help as these vehicles share many of the same parts and repair techniques...so, thanks in advance to any and all who help! :)

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

Ive had my green 96 SE pathfinder 4x4 5 speed for about a year now. Just recently found this forum. Ive never been on trails but want to go. This is my first 4x4 rig. She ran good for about a year before sensors started to go out. Replaced four of them the last one is P500 speed sensor( i think) which broke off and is inside the transmission case(?). My brother has been helping me out with discounts on parts from the Infiniti dealership he works for as a mechanic. I live in southern Illinois, 20 min from St. Louis. The most ive been off road is running thru about 1/4 of the lot at work where there is mulch piles. The first time i moved the transfer gears selecter to 4hi, there was vibrations...after looking on the internet on how to engage the 4x4 correctly i tried it again but this i pushed in the clutch to disengage the transmission and drove stop light to stop light to 4 hi and no vibrations. Now i can contact my friend who is on the ranger truck forums and see if i can keep up with them.

Just picked up a 90' se 4x4 with a mt. So started doing some reading up on what to pay attention to. It has 282k on it no rattles drives nice and super straight. Started cleaning today and checking everything and where to start massaging. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, poachr said:

Just picked up a 90' se 4x4 with a mt. So started doing some reading up on what to pay attention to. It has 282k on it no rattles drives nice and super straight. Started cleaning today and checking everything and where to start massaging. 

Welcome!  Sounds like a nice find, have fun with it!