Welcome New Members !

Precise1

It's been a while since browsing for answers for my Pathfinder and found most of it in these forum,very helpful and right to the point. Now I have to be in it. I don't intend of giving up my failing road runner and would still be upgrading her and beautify her.

• Like 1

Hello , good to see people here on the site. Tons of information to share and know about too.

Owner of a Pathfinder 2003 3.5L SE V6 Manual Limited Slip Diff... some rare ones released in the Middle East Market.

Alright guys, thanks for making a new comer thread first off.

After getting stuck in a ditch yesterday on my own in the mountains I figured it was time for some help and upgrading. Bought this baby at $1,200 with low miles in Denver awhile back and have been solving antifreeze leaks one after the other (thank God it's sealed now.) Just working on getting her all up to par and then work on building the beast.

1995 XE 153,000mi.

Zane

Hello from Saskatchewan Canada. I do not have a Pathfinder yet but am in hot pursuit of a good WD21 off-road platform. I do have a 1997 XE D21 pick-up which has been part of my family for the last 15 years so I know and understand the obsession with the Nissan line. Currently running a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee as my off-road rig but always had a 'meh' feeling about it and I know a pathfinder is what I truly need/want. Hope to learn lots about these amazing vehicles from this site.

All the best!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all. My name is Matt, live in Texas, 4 miles from hidden falls adventure park for those of yall from Texas. I'm a diesel guy but recently bought an 88' pathfinder for my daughter after she wrecked her 01' Z71. ( yes I knew it would happen. 4 months!).

I found this pathfinder in my little town and it's clean as you can find. I thought it was bad a$$! They're such a cool rig. 114k on it, zero dings or dents, perfect interior, let's go! She drove it for a month and it fell on its face. I've got the 2800 rpm issue. Took it took a shop figuring a sensor but being a diesel guy I don't want to mess with it. 3 weeks later, still in shop. I'm dragging it home and about to figure this little guy out. Any suggestions?

Not one to throw in the towel so i bought one from my neighbor as well. Runs good, same year, 220k on it with no title. I dig the Lego wheels which it has and my clean one doesn't so that cool.

With all my research I'm finding to clean the MAF and then look into TPS. On the right track?

• 2 weeks later...

New here from NE Georgia. Been checking out the great info on here for a few months now. So glad to see a lot of R50 love on here. Had a 96 4x4 nearly 15 yrs ago, and recently just picked up an 03 4x4 to run the mountain roads here in GA. Glad to be part of the passion again!

Edited by 03TroutFinder

Hey everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself and my Pathfinder.

Me- not new to 4 wheeling, have owned four Land Rovers in the past and loved them (well most of the time) but this is my first Nissan. I work at a restoration shop for vintage race cars. Looking forward to making some off road and overland mods.

The Falcon- 2002 Pathfinder LE 4x4. Stock for now. Planning on installing MT tires, winch bumper, and other trail gear. If anyone has ideas or knows where to get parts, please let me know.

Dose anyone know how to post a pic here from an iPad?

Hello all, my name is Baz I live in NZ I have a r50 diesel terrano. I am a heavy plant operator and have been around diesels my whole life.

I bought my first Nissan diesel in 2008 wd21 with the TD27 for $2.5k it had done 225k klms and it would have a lot of trouble starting!

I soon found air was getting in to the pump while sitting overnight, so a non return valve and new clamps on the filter to pump line fixed that.

I thought the tappets sounded a bit loose and seeing as all the nissan diesel manuals Ive ever looked at, under maintenance the first thing it always reads is set your valves, So i adjust the valves up and start her up and all hell and high water broke loose what a noise!

I soon found out a common problem with this series diesel was the rocker pads wear out. sorted it and with a full service including auto away she went. Wow what a great wagon sit on high revs all day long and never miss a beat. Over the next few years I did a snorkel new suspension a 2000watt inverter and new tires. I to this day regret selling that wagon a good solid truck.

At work they had a r50 with a QD32 and I would often drive this wagon to and from different sites it had done nearly 500k and I thought cool these things must go for ever, plenty of power, I like these wagons. So I did more study on the R50 diesels including looking at our local classifieds Trademe and punching in vehicles with the highest KLMs and low and behold it comes back with an R50 3.2 diesel with 860k man that says a lot, thats good, well so I thought. Over the next few month's I made the decision to buy.

Finally finding one up north with 160k on it, one owner in japan and one owner here. He was an old guy who used it to tow his caravan around a couple of times a year $6k.

It had been well serviced with an extra oil cooler added for auto.

I drove back down south and it went like a dream. However it had a strange puffing sound coming from the engine it turned out to be a rip in the big rubber intake hose or boot. It also looked as if the fuel pump had been off due to different colored paint on some off the main bolts. I had read of problems with the epumps in the past so assumed this was a good thing, something about leeching seals.

I have had this wagon for three years now and it has always had a slight stating problem and cold mornings below zero I would sometimes have to glow it twice and then a big puff of black unburnt diesel. The glow system has always to me seemed a bit short the light only staying on for about three seconds at a time. A couple of months ago i bought some new glow plus Techno from Aussie they seemed different from the ones that came out but were the same length and the thread went into the head the same distance so I thought all good. But no! Now the engine takes three of four glows and puffs out even more black smoke and this on a warm day.

Im joining this site to search for answers. Any points in the right direction much appreciated. Thanks for reading B

Hello,

I am a newbie to this forum and to Pathfinders. My Jetta wagon was going through the final stages of life and my brother, who owns an auto shop traded it for a 1995 Pathfinder. The deal was that I would drive it until he could find something newer, with less miles...that was until I started having fun! Thank you for providing this forum, I am noticing some of the issues that I would like to fix are addressed here, this will help me a great deal (I can now pretend I am a pro and tell my brother exactly how to fix things).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the add!! New to the Pathfinder scene..but my cousin has had a 2002 LE automatic since it was new. He's a talented guy but not of maintenance guy haha. The truck is in need of some love and care. I come from a back ground of air cooled VW's/Porsche, BMW's (e46, e36) ..AE86's, CRX's BMW's and some old school push rod V8 roots. Looking forward to wrenching on this Nissan. Hoping I can find so decent references here. Looking forward to some forum interaction..My main interest today is Thermostat Sensor location and thermostat housing location. Also where is the bleeder valve for the cooling system...Just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated ..Have a great start to your weekend all!!

Hello all I'm the new guy took me a bit had sign in probs when I 1st signed up. But am glad to be here lots of very useful info. I've not owned my pathfinder long but I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I just stumbled on to a deal and snatched it. And after I got it going I kinda fell in love with it. now I drive it everyday and am planning on doing some up grades. in the past I've wheeled and drove 70s through 95 Chevy trucks and there just not as much info/ aftermarket following for the pathfinder that there is the old chevys I've owned. so all my planning and research has been coming from places like this and this 1 looked best with some really good insight so I signed up. my pathfinder is a 99.5 pathfinder se limited burgundy. will gets some pics up when I figure everything out. it still needs some attention but just basic maintaince cv boot ripped need to rebuild or get me 1 soon then I can get started on the fun stuff like get n it off the ground a bit. but any ways I'm from Richmond KY I love to trail ride, rock climb but haven't got to do it a lot in the past 3 or 4 yrs hope to get back at it with my little pathfinder.love all the pics and info on here. have lots of questions so u all b hearing from me again soon thanks guys.

Hey everyone,

I have owned my 95 Pathfinder SE Auto since April of this year and have already added 20,000 miles to it, I drive a lot, I love puddles, especially those made of mud, and bumpy trails. My Pathfinder is special, it has some strange electrical issues and transmission issues that I am working on a solution for. I won't go into major detail because I don't think this is the right spot to post in-depth issues.

That said, my temp gauge on the dash is somehow connected to the amount of electrical power it is using, if I turn on my lights, stereo or heater, the temp gauge goes up, if I turn them off, it goes down.

It likes to shift up and down while maintaining a constant speed on the freeway or city roads, if I'm cruising it will do it, every few seconds. Also, half the time when I start it up, it acts as if in a "fail safe" mode and has no power and won't shift into overdrive, if I shut it off and restart it, the problem goes away... Dealer I got it from says transmission was rebuilt a month before I got it, not sure how accurate that is...

I love this vehicle and have great plans in store for it if I could just get these issues figured out, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jonnie727