Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hi all. I'm from Wanaka, South Island in New Zealand. Very keen on Nissans [ except when they go wrong] and am on my 7th one now.

Although only my 3rd Terrano. All the same year and model, as I like to use the old ones for spares !

They are all 1992 Terrrano TD 27i. I will tackle most things, and have the time to do this now that I am retired. I was pleased to see that 45+ was all you needed to see !

I do have a problem, which is what has led me to here.........is that a common reason for joining ?

It wouldn't surprise me !

I was going to sign on as sloppy-giuseppe but it wouldn't accept that. I expect it was the hyphen............although the guideline says between 3-32 characters [ a-z A-Z0-9], which does seem to contain 3 hyphens, and I only had 1 !

Never mind. CHA is fine. My favourite drink !

I will post my problem in a more appropriate place than in the Intro section. This is just to say 'HI' !

CHA

OI SOU DO BRASIL CIDADE DE PORTO ALEGRE, MEU VEICULO É UMA PATHFINDER 3.3 V6 1998 E BUSCO POR DICAS DE MANUTENÇÃO DO VEICULO, TENHO ELE A DOIS ANOS, MAS É MUITO BEBERÃO! KKKKKK

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a Nissan owner, but I am looking at getting my first (maybe). I will be looking at a 1991 Pathfinder SE-V6 this coming weekend, so I signed up on this forum so I could better educate myself on what to look for while evaluating this craigslist find. My friends are telling me to watch out for the "interference" motor, that should I get the vehicle, replace the timing belt straight away. What they really are steering towards, are the infamous 4Runner's out of the 80's... But I have always favored the look of the early Pathfinder, and feel drawn to them.

Nevertheless, I continue to do my research, as I am really looking forward to looking at this `91. The suv has 187,000mi on it, and from the images, has really straight body... My biggest concern will be the hidden areas of rust... the owner states there is no rust, but that remains to be seen first hand. Current asking price is $3500.

Me? I am from Alabama, and only recently became interested in the off road world of 4X4 vehicles. I do not see a future of any extreme rock crawling, but one never knows.

Hello from Jville FL, had 2 nissans, a 300zx and my first Pathy, 1993 4x4 270,000 runs great has some stuff I would like to change and glad to have found this forum. I have great pleasure reporting that I paid 1000 for my pathy 4x4 works and it hauls my 2 kayaks on top without batting an eyelash in the sands of Hugenought. 2 things I am currently addressing, putting in a new stereo, and tranny whine. or poss, transfercase. body is great , all windows work, power locks do not. no biggie. it is a 5 speed and loving it!!!

Hey everyone,

My name is Cesar I'm a new member I recently bought a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and loving it so far.

Im already thinking of changing some things on my path..... 2 inch lift, plasti dip vs Wrapping my car. (Still havnt decided) but honestly leaning towards buying a 2003 4x4 5speed instead.

I'll be sure to tell everyone what I decide on I'll have questions along the way!

Edited by ag_cePather

Greetings,

I joined a few days ago and this is the first time I've ever posted anything. I'm more comfortable turning wrenches than I am posting on the internet. I look forward to getting to know you folks and sharing knowledge. I purchased a 95 Pathfinder SE 4x4 that needs a good bit of work. After reading a few threads and seeing what members have done with these vehicles I'm excited about getting started.

Take Care ,

Hoopty

I bought my '03 Pathfinder a few months ago and it has started smoking with check engine light on. Im hopeful to find more info here to help me bring this '03 with 77,0000 miles back to highway readiness.pathfinder%20pass%20side%20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from New Zealand. I have owned my R50 for a year now replaced all the knackered running gear.

so now I'll be after all the advice and help I can gather to keep my passion for my pathy. I'll start getting into Rock slider build and a bar that supports the future option of adding a winch.

Apologies as I work out how to add a photo on this mobile site.

Hello all! Helocrazed here and I've on a 2003 Nissan pathfinder for 10 years now. I took over ownership of this beauty from my late Father and I am looking to keep it in the family for as long as it runs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! My name is Chad, I live in College Station Texas and have owned a 1995 Pathfinder 4x4 Black auto for over 10 years. Got a new vehicle and since the Pathfinder was running a little rough I parked her out back where it has sat for about 5 years! This Pathfinder was the first vehicle i ever owned and she never let me down. With all the sentimental value this vehicle has I decided to bring my baby back to life after all these years. Lots of work to do but I am confident with help and guidance from this site I will be able to accomplish just about anything. Thanks for being an awesome community, I cant wait to get started working on my Pathfinder

Hey everyone, I joined several months ago but never got around to posting. Figured it's about time I say hi and post a pic (Hopefully below, I've been trying for the last hour, "image extension not allowed on this community"...)

I bought this 2001 SE 3.5L 4x4 almost 2 years ago with 190kms. I just got her back in Oct from the wife as my pickup died and she finally got her own car. (Still tries to take Pathy, I had to hide the spare keys!) Anyways I've replaced all the saged suspension with AC 2", KYB struts, Billstein 5100 (<-- can't remember) HD coils, also replaced front calipers, all break pads and CV Shafts. Look forward to talking pathfinders with you all! Cheers,

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g369/Kokoni3/Pathfinder%201_zpso1hxv5be.jpg

First Day

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g369/Kokoni3/Pathy%20New%20Shoes_zps5mcyow0f.

33x12.50R15 Hercules Trail Diggers on Ion Alloy 174 15x8" 3.75" BS

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, my name is Brad. I am a journeyman mechanic by trade and born outdoorsman. I live on vancouver island and love to fish and anything else outdoors. I recently bought a 2003 pathy chilkoot edition. Manual Trans 3.5 liter. Near future plans are 2.5/2 inch lift from fleurys. And offset 16 by 9 steelies with 265/75r16 (maybe duratracks... maybe toyo open countries.... or maybe kumho kl71s.....can't decide.... lol). Eventually roof rack among other accessories.

I read cdn_s4 build.... just had to join.

Cheers guys

Hello all! New to the forums, and, as of last week, new to pathy ownership! I've had D21 pickups in the past but this is my first WD21. Mine's a 1995 XE 4x4 with an automatic (I know, but I couldn't find a standard!) with about 189K miles on it. Got it after it had been sitting for months locally and have already done a tune up and replaced the dying alternator. It's in great shape, no rust, but needs a lot of work. Some oil leaks to track down and such. Plans for the future are to make it my weekend warrior vehicle and get out to the trails and places like Big Bend for camping! On the list is a lift (most likely 3 inches or so) some slightly bigger tires and some off road accessories and lights. I am confident I can accomplish this little by little as just reading this forum has already helped me diagnose and fix my dash light issues (alternator).

Feel free to say hi!

Cheers!

I am a new member here in NPORA, glad to see great looking pathfinders here as i will modify and transform my 98 pathfinder pretty soon.

Hope to get some pretty good advices.

Thanks to this Association as i find it very helpful in modifying our pathfinders to the best look and performance we can achieve to our trucks.

sure will enjoy not only the result but the process of transformation.

Happy off roading, modifying,blogging everyone.

More power to NPORA.

-gzagun

• 2 weeks later...

​Hello everyone my name is spencer I have been looking for a awesome group of dedicated pathfinder owners! I have a 1993 Nissan pathfinder that always gets me through the tuff stuff! I would like to thank ​NPORA for such an awesome sight and keeping things in order thank you for letting me be part of an awesome group.

Hi

I'm a long-time member but new to the R51 family. Picked this up as a bank repo. It was filthy but I threw a C-note to a detailing shop and here she is

IMG_3070-vi.jpg

• Like 3

I'm Evan from Jacksonville Florida, got an 02 LE RWD as my first car, not the most capable vehicle on the trail but it gets around and is tough as nails. Absolutely adore this thing. Has a few issues here and there but she keeps on tickin. I have taken it to the drag strip, mostly to avoid doing something stupid on the road. Ran 10.8 in the 8th mile,we don't have a full size strip here. I tell people it's a 10 second car😂. Lovely machine, and glad to know there's a fan base for it like this one.

Hi all,

I am new to this. I own a 1991 Nissan Terrano Wd21 Diesel Manual. I had been hunting around or a 4wd for sometime and came close to buying a Landrover discovery (my friend owns one) but found my Terrano local and liked it a lot more. So far I have done nothing mod related and have already taken it on a 1600KM journey around the Central Otago region of New Zealand. It gave me no issues at all, And I am extremely happy with it.

Thought I would join the forum to see what people have done to their Pathfinders and Teranno's and pick up some ideas.

Hello everyone. I'm from North Carolina, and have lived here since birth. I've a wife and two kids and have been plagued with various cars over the years. I was a "Ford man" growing up, but 5 vehicles and 7 (yes 7) transmissions later, I am over it. Tried Pontiac successfully for about 5 years, then switched to Toyota for my wife. Been very happy with that, and now my oldest has acquired a 1998 nissan pathfinder for me to work on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Im an engineering student in Fort Collins Colorado, and i have had my 1990 pathfinder for two years now and it has yet to let me down. I am finally getting around building it into a better trail/hunting rig. I joined to get advice from more experienced mechanics.

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum yesterday. I am in Jville, FL and will be picking up my 1988 2 door, 5 speed manual , 4x4 with supposed 147k this weekend. Avid Nissan owner, currently drive a 95 240SX, wife has a newer Xterra and between the rest of my family we own 8 Nissans total. Looking forward to all the good info and help on here. Thank you for letting me become a member. Now on to forum searching!!!! Will post pics as soon as I get her.

Thank you for the add. I just bought a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 SE, and it needs some front end work. I am looking forward to recommendations and how to's. This my first foreign vehicle...I have only owned Chevy 4x4. This vehicle seems to be really easy to replace parts on. I am located in Tallahassee FL USA

Hello from Kentucky. Been Lurking for a while trying to get ideas for my R50. 1 owner garage kept 2001 with 114k miles. I immediately started modding and am hoping to gain knowledge here.

I'm a natural gas pipeline worker and have restored a 1970 F100 with 445 stroker FE BB on drag slicks I drive. My wife's 58 Hudson Nash and several drag cars and Offroad toys. Currently DD an 85 Monte Carlo set up for drag racing with AC and all the amenities. I'm not a great mechanic but I have recently worked on my pathfinders suspension and added a few inches and easy mods listed in my sig.

Glad to be here. Frank

Hello all! Relatively new member, but not new to the Pathfinder. Current pathy is a 95 Black 4WD XE that I have given the nickname "Gypsy Roamer" as I've been running this thing from AZ to NE to TX and back in the last year. Have developed a pretty good bond with her, and I'm in the process of continual mods, upgrades and additions while continuing to squeeze every bit of life, power and mileage out of her!

As I complete upgrades and mods I'll be taking pics and posting step by step progress pics on everything from her upcoming body and suspension lifts, custom bumpers and grilles, etc.

I'll also be trying to extract every bit of knowledge I can from the experienced members here in order to keep from reinventing the proverbial wheel!

I look forward to your comments, feedback, blistering humiliation and general comraderie as I jump into this new direction!

Thanks for making such a great site!!

Hans

Whats up everyone. Picked up my 97 pathy couple months ago. So far im loving it.(except for the gas mileage) lol. Plan on doin a mild lift and tires but for what i can tell not many options for lift kits. I come from the jeep world so this is a whole new world for me.