Welcome New Members !

Precise1

G'day, my name is John, and I'm becoming addicted to Pathfinders.

I decided to get a 4WD so I could get to more remote places to camp than I could with my car. Bought a 1994 D21 about a month ago and have just brought a 1995 R50 'project'.

I got the R50 cheap as the previous owner had connected the battery the wrong way around and now it wont start (his words) so I'm trying to find what has been damaged....

First I better charge the battery so I have some power at least.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all new to the site but not pathfinders... I currently have a 2001 3.5 manual 2" lift spacers with 31" trail diggers on some 15x8 procomps.. Full custom exhaust with cat delete and resonator delete as well.. Cargo rack and cobra cb... Currently looking for a sfd kit....

Got mine from the one and only Krypton Fabs. Kit is customizable to whatever you need. Price is going to be around $500 plus install, unless you think you can do it yourself. Check out my build thread for details.

Hey everyone! I just bought a top condition 1992 Pathfinder SE V6 4x4 (automatic) with less than 105k miles. This is my first truck/SUV and I am in love. I was searching for a community to help me learn and make the most out of my new Pathy, and came across this forum. Can't wait to get started!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I just bought a top condition 1992 Pathfinder SE V6 4x4 (automatic) with less than 105k miles. This is my first truck/SUV and I am in love. I was searching for a community to help me learn and make the most out of my new Pathy, and came across this forum. Can't wait to get started!

Welcome!! Great choice of vehicle, theyre super fun to drive and to work on. You'll need to eventually haha but everyone on here is awesome and are more than willing to give advice. Don't be afraid to ask!

-AK

Hi everyone. I have a 2001 Pathfinder 4x4 with 229000 miles on it (signature readers already knew this). We purchased it new and have kept it in good shape. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles that we've owned though it currently has an issue that I am hoping to resolve soon, maybe with some input from other Pathfinder owners like yourselves. One day, if I can get through this nagging problem I hope to make some serious upgrades and use this thing like it is intended, as an off-road vehicle. It will join my Broncos as a trusted trail-buster.

I've seen some pretty awesome work documented here and decided to join and maybe contribute my own project documentation in the future. Of course I'm probably gonna need some insight from a few of you to get past the current issue before I can make this thing great again.

Cheers!

• Like 1

What's going on everyone. Names Alex and I'm from New York. I just got a 2002 qx4 and love it. My old 4x4 was a 98 zr2 blazer which I loved. Hope to start posting pics of my new toy soon

• Like 1

Hello , my name is Vasco (acrobaat). I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder r50 vg33e 2004 for 7 years now. I have enjoyed driving some good tracks and more fun stuff in this comfortable 4x4. However ever sins a bought a small caravan I found out that Auto transmission low compression ratio engine and a heavy SUV thus not seem to be a very capable towing vehicle unless you keep the revs up,but that is my personal opinion.

And so it started ,some times you just want a little bit more and i install my first mod extractors/headers and it did make a little bit of a difference , and then you want a little bit more, and i made a stainless exhaust + flowmaster mufler ( with out cats).Well that was quite disappointing to be honest, because even if i have done my home work well and dit not go to large( it was 2" to 2.5" )the bottom end torque suffered a lot more than expected ( not much happened until 2500 rpm and fuel consumption went really bad).

After that i install high lift cams in (Jim Wolf s1) that made huge difference with the exhaust , the fuel consumption was little bit better (still worse than stock) but if you plant your foot to the floor you cannot recognise the car at around 4000 rpm it roars and want to go (great sensation out of a sleepy Pathfinder)

Running without cats smells a lot like unburned fuel and also prickles in your eyes if you are walking next to idling car so i got myself a set of high flowing cats.

I was not so happy with fuel consumption and fitted the stock exhaust back with high flow cats.

And the roar died instantly , gained a little bit of bottom end torque and lost quit a bit of hp at top end ( that is how it feels), fuel consumption a little better than before.

Not long ago a install Trans - go shift kit on the valve body and i was very surprised to see how such a cheap mod made made noticeable difference especially when you travel on locked up torque converter.It used to bother me allot when you hit the first little hill and the immediately will unlock the T/C now instead it is holding it locket up much longer climbing up those hills(I have not towed the caravan yet but it would be much better)

In proses of installing a second tranny cooler with a thermo fan with manual switch ( i have installed a temp gage and can monitor atf temperature )

Next BIG challenge is installing programmable ecu or piggy back stile ecu.

It is on its way from USA and should be here in Australia next week. It is the Mega Squirt 2 unit ,

I have never done this before so it is going to be interesting...

And if everything go's to plan installing a turbo charger after the ecu will be the next thing to do.

I'm not sure how you are supposed to introduce your self in a forum (this is my first subscription ever) so i just let my passion for Pathfinders taking over....

• Like 1

New member here. My wife just bought a 2004 Pathfinder SE 4x4 (automatic... ) with 102,xxx miles on it. We took it out on the beaches of Galveston last night, and it drove great. It does have a few small issues (radio/speakers cutting out, 12v accessory outlet not working, and cigarette lighter fuse blows) but I'll post up in the R50-specific forum for those. Here's a pic I snapped last night before it got too dark.

lSPfT8h.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone, my name's Grant and I'm from Vancouver Island. I'm not new to Nissan trucks, but I am new to offroading and Pathfinders. Well, not exactly true, I learned to drive in my friends 80-something Pathfinder out on a farm. Anyways, my dd is an '87 d21 kc z24 2wd, it's been in the family since '88, but unfortunately those family members worked near the ocean so its a bit rusty. Over the last year or so most of my friends traded in their lowered 240s for 4x4s. After a few rides stuck in the back seat I decided I needed my own so naturally the only option was a Pathfinder. I ended up buying a '95 SE with 320kms for $700. I didn't plan on getting the luxury package but it makes the trails pretty comfy. I'm really happy so far with its capabilities 100% stock. I took it out right away (stupidly) with legally bald tires and it didn't get stuck at all. I should probably wrap this up, but I'm looking forward to learning and doing more around here.

Edited by Gjeff12
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum , a month ago , I just purchased a 04 pathfinder LE platinum edition with 140xxx thousand miles on it, it's a beautiful canteen green with leather tan interior. I loved seeing what everyone has done to their pathys and I'd like to get some things added to mine in the future as well. I want to take mine off roading but some light stuff at first (which I already played around with it) it would be a nice hobby.

I live in Pennsylvania, and this is the first pathy I owned but my mom had a 2000 pathfinder SE, it was silver, she kept it in very good condition and 5 years ago she traded it for another car... Her car was the car I got my drivers license in, I passed 100%, which is the reason why I wanted a pathfinder again, I just remembered how reliable it was and I loved borrowing it from her, I was very upset when she got rid of it, I love Nissan, my first car was an 01 Sentra, I then sold it in 09 and got a 2003 Nissan Maxima (which I still have) because I wanted a bigger car. Since my girlfriend and I were sharing the Max , I decided to get a pathfinder for me and let her have the Max.

I have checked out quite a few and finally found one that was in the best condition. Since we get a lot of snow in the winter , you can only imagine. The only thing that was wrong with mine was the exhaust system was rusted bad and I already got part of it fixed with a muffler on the way. Other than that the truck is in great shape!!

I'm hoping to learn what I can from this forum, I'm glad to have found it and glad to have found a community that appreciates the Nissan Pathfinder as much as I do!

• Like 1

So,I joined back in January but I haven't been real active. Well that's because I have been looking so hard on a journey to replace my long lost love. Hey there! The names Steve. I live just south of St Louis, MO.

Well, I've been holding out on you fellas because I have moved and was very busy as of lately. But in June, I found what would turn out to be the new pathy! I bought a One-way ticket to Las Vegas and took delivery of a 1987 SE 5-speed. I bought it from the original owner's granddaughter!

190,000 on the clock. And did I mention RUST FREE? As in NO, none, notta!

Meticulously maintained. I also tracked down a factory Targa Band, with 4 factory Bosch lights. I restored the Targa and lights and installed that this past weekend.

I will now attempt to post some pics.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and finally have something to share with/brag about you guy's, and gals!

20150822_160019_zpsdxrjq3d5.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Acquired my 1993 SE 4x4 from the original owner. Approx 282K miles, automatic, stock (for the present, soon to change! LOL!) Been well maintained for the most part, original engine, 2nd tranny, up till now just tending to annoying electrical problems. Runs fine, Just had front end repaired and two new tires, soon to get the other two replaced. Tune-up planned, not due for a timing belt yet, but probably will do this before next spring. More to come! This is my first Pathfinder, have had several friends in the Rockies that swear by them, hence my choice. I'm excited that even at this stage in my life I finally have a vehicle just to play with.

Photo058_zpsb36twneb.jpg

• Like 1

Since I'm just figuring out the picture "thing" I'll try posting a few more. I love the swing-away tire rack in the back, going to install a 5 gal jerry can holder. Want to consider a 2" body lift so I can put on an ARB bull bar and winch for a Pathfinder Hardbody. Don't intent to change tire size, sticking with 31"

Photo060_zpsvski3ysj.jpg

Photo059_zpsjkbafs1y.jpg

Photo061_zpsdc250yk3.jpg

• Like 1

Hey everyone. This is my first pathfinder. 1993 XE V6 4x4 manual. It was my gramps and I bought it from him. He taped a few things together and wired a few more. Needs a little love but I really like it. The 5speed is fun. Can wait to try the 4x4 but first I need a clutch. I want to add a roof rack to it and the rear swinging tire carrier. Also need to find out the biggest tire size I can get away with. Seen some say 32"/11.5r15 with minor flare trimming. I know it's probably the most asked question but who has tires just sitting around to try them on? I'll post some pics when I have a few extra minutes.

• Like 2