Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Just wanted to introduce myself. As my screen name says, I'm Scott. I recently just bought an 04 Pathfinder Chinook Edition. Got to admit that I've wanted a Pathfinder long before I could even drive. So this is kind of a dream come true for me. MY g/f drives the truck more than I do as I commute over 100kms 1 way to work but on the weekend I'll take it whenever I can. I'm from the Niagara region in Ontario and work in north Mississauga. Glad to find so many people out there that share the same love of the Pathfinder as I have. Hope to get to know the regulars soon, and who knows maybe meet up for a trail run some times.

Welcome to the fun !

S.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 88 pathy 3.0 TBI 5spd. It died on me at a stop light. I got it to restart but it only stays running when pressing the gas pedal. Any ideas. Maf and tpms have been recently replaced. What would need to convert to mpfi from TBI? Email azdevil1981@yahoo.com

Edited by azdevil1981

Hello all, Newbie to the Pathy here... Just brought home a white 2003 LE 4x4 after a 13 hour round trip to Texas, of course on the last 5 minutes of the trip my ses light came on. Good ole' P0420, there are a few oil leaks coming from the passenger side front and one from the rear diff but I didnt get a good look at them in the parking lot. She needs new shocks all around, but that can wait until the lift is done. Ive been trolling the site for a while, and there is a large collection of information for me to browse.

A little background on myself; Former GM transmission tech in New Orleans for 7 years but decided to move somewhere less...drunk? Iv'e always owned Camaros and now I'm going to try my hand at a little offroad fun.Thanks for all of the advice you guys will provide me with in the future.

Tim P.

• Like 1

Welcome Tim! I have a 2003 Chillkoot, my oil leak is the oil pan, the pan itself is rusting out. Never had a pan rust out before. What Camaros do you have (had)? I'm still an old Chevy guy...my '74 Nova is my baby. 1980 HD 350 4 bolt mains 4 barrel from my old 3/4 ton truck in there...Yeah ha. Feel like a Texan driving it!

Kevin

Edited by kdj

Hey everyone my name is mike and although im a newbie here this site has been helping me for a long time! So to start i would like to thank all of you for all the info and help i have been able to use. Now as for my Pathfinder its an 87 not sure on model i want to say its an SE. As my username states its a project very much so. It is currently undergoing a heart transplant from a vg30 with 316xxx miles on it to a vg33 due to the fact i did not replace the tbelt and it broke bending 4 valves?

I would love to add a nice winch bumper but have had no luck in finding one. Any suggestions?

As you'll find surfing either NPORA or the net, unfortunately not much aftermarket support for Pathy's. I've seen some guys modify jeep jk fronts to work. Now, there is one company, tactical armor group that does build bumpers for our vehicles. I think a couple of guys on NPORA have used their products before. They look pretty good, but, I prefer to fab my own. Just finished the rear bumper a couple weeks ago and plan on building a front in the next month or so. Good luck!! ::cheers::

Bubba.....

Allright! Been here just about 6 months and took forever to get off my butt and do the meet and greet. After reading most of these I've concluded there are a couple ways to do it. Different styles including; Dating profile, AA meeting and Adopted a pet. So I'm going to do a little of all of the above.

Hello, my name is Francisco, and I own a Pathfinder.

I have not hit the trail in over 90 days. It's getting tough and I miss it everyday.

I see dirt driveways on my way home and I want to pull into them and explore, but I can't for fear of double barrel shotgun.

This is my 2nd, my first was a 92 SE-V6 2-tone Black and Grey. That was a good one.

I enjoy a good technical trail and long desert drives that involve camping under the stars.

Sometimes I like some light muddin. I also enjoy a really good 2 lane country or mountain highway.

My favorite spots are Virgina City, Lake Tahoe, Quincy and Northern Cal.

She's big, red and 158k young. She has big clompy feet and lots of spunk. She's spry and nimble.

She likes the desert, getting dirty and running around in the woods and playing in streams. Also, good ole fashioned rollin in the mud. She's not ready for rivers yet, I need to get her ready for deeper waters.

She still hasn't learned ROLL-OVER and I'm ok with that.

With that silliness out of the way. Good to meet all of you and glad to be here.

Gotta be the best intro EVER!! Welcome aboard!

Bubba.....

• Like 1

Hello everyone, firts of all, excuse my english, im from argentina, precisely from Patagonia, i live in a small town called San Martin de los Andes.

I own a 1998 R50 3.3 V6 MT, GREEN color, with a compresed natural gas equipment (its an alternative on normal Gasoline), Shes 379000km and im the third owner. I bought it on Feb 2014.-

I use it as my first and only car every day. I tow a 7.50 meter boat on spring and all the summer, a small trailer with a bike sometimes, and in winter a ilke to open the roads after snows.

Besides her kilometers, shes fully functional. All transmision, 4l & 4h works perfectly, all equipment and confort toys too.

Its my firts truck (camioneta we say here) and im very satisfied with it. I had minor issues, cause of the kilometers, but nothing bad. Shes not oil eater by now.-

I will post in the right section.-

Best regards,

Fernando.-

Welcome Tim! I have a 2003 Chillkoot, my oil leak is the oil pan, the pan itself is rusting out. Never had a pan rust out before. What Camaros do you have (had)? I'm still an old Chevy guy...my '74 Nova is my baby. 1980 HD 350 4 bolt mains 4 barrel from my old 3/4 ton truck in there...Yeah ha. Feel like a Texan driving it!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, well i got mine up on a rack and found that its the oil cooler so i ordered the 2 o-rings and the gasket just for good measure. I've never seen an oil pan rust out so thats new to me too! While I was at nissan they informed me of 2 recalls, One regarding the the passenger airbag and the other was a corrosion inspection. The tech was telling me that they had one that Nissan bought back from the owner because it was unsafe to drive! Good news is that there was absolutely no rust on my pathy. That Nova sounds fun, never had the time to do a full restoration on one. I've had a '78, two '00's, and an '02. The last one was my baby, I have a terribly edited video, on youtube, of a lap around nola motorsports under plaisance camaro. I was having clutch issues so forgive the mis-shifts.

I do have a pathy question since I'm here, I plan on doing the 2" lift but I have the seemingly uncommon 17" wheels... What tire size/ brand, and will i need spacers? I am a complete newb to the offroad scene so please guide me on my journey. :)

Also found out I dont have the LSD... :(

Edited by tplaisan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

My name is BC and I just bought my 2001 PF last month. The exterior was in bad shape so I was working on the exterior of the car through the holiday and new year....so here it is....this is going to be my first ever car I am planning to lift. I planned to use this PF for offroading, camping, and fishing/hunting..._MG_1881-Copy_zps66a67773.jpg

_MG_1889-Copy_zps59884d06.jpg

_MG_1888-Copy_zps3e29efd7.jpg

_MG_1887_zps62409b71.jpg

_MG_1886_zpsb0570da2.jpg

_MG_1885_zps26d76e9c.jpg

_MG_1882-Copy_zpsf14b8934.jpg

_MG_1881-Copy_zps66a67773.jpg

Hello! I have never really been a part of this type of community so I'm happy to be here. I've read quite a lot of things on this forum and checked out some of the other stuff too. I've had a 93 SE V6 4x4 for about the last 8 or 9 years and it's been the best, toughest car I've ever owned! I've recently decided to try and breath some new life into it so I'll have lots of questions coming up. Thanks

Hello everyone! I'm Ron. I own a 97 Pathfinder. I purchased almost 3 months ago with about 130K miles. It's a local Pathfinder and has never left the San Francisco Bay Area from previous owners. My Pathy has leather and heated seats along with a 5-speed manual and 4X4. The only parts missing was the roof rack and the lug nuts to mount the spare tire on the rear rack. Other than that its been a solid ride.

I'll take pictures soon with the tire finally mounted and a slight upgraded roof rack. I order several suspension parts (2" OME lift, etc.) and already installed interior LEDs along with a Broadway rear view mirror.

I'm located in the SF/Bay Area specifically in the East Bay and enjoy various outdoor activities so my Pathy will serve its purpose very well.

Hello All,

I am a new Member and I agree with many of the other posts that this is a great site, VERY helpful with the questions that I have been asking myself. I have a 1998 Pathfinder 4x4 that I have taken a recent interest in going off roading with now that my friend bought a Jeep and needs help getting unstuck, lol. I just had the transmission completely rebuilt and have added a set of 32x10.5 (255/75/17) Nitto Trail Grapplers and very soon to add the Lift Spacers from Liftmakers post http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649 or the stackable ones from http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php (leaning more towards the single piece that Liftmaker fabs). I am also working on fabricating a snorkel from 3" 16ga Exhaust pipe and have already extended all the breather tubes for the front/rear differentials as well as the transmission.I am still lookin for a good winch bumper too. I have a few questions about the rear trailing arms and pan hard bar after the lift. I am only planning to lift it approx 2-2.5" and was wondering if adjustments were needed for them. As soon as i finish the lift I will add some pics :lol:

- Soulust

Hey NPORA community! I'm Jeremy and I own a 95 XE, have had her for about 3 years now and finally am finding some time to give her some tlc! I greatly appreciate the information available on the site and can't wait to start digging in. Thanks!

Hello All,

I am a new Member and I agree with many of the other posts that this is a great site, VERY helpful with the questions that I have been asking myself. I have a 1998 Pathfinder 4x4 that I have taken a recent interest in going off roading with now that my friend bought a Jeep and needs help getting unstuck, lol. I just had the transmission completely rebuilt and have added a set of 32x10.5 (255/75/17) Nitto Trail Grapplers and very soon to add the Lift Spacers from Liftmakers post http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649 or the stackable ones from http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php (leaning more towards the single piece that Liftmaker fabs). I am also working on fabricating a snorkel from 3" 16ga Exhaust pipe and have already extended all the breather tubes for the front/rear differentials as well as the transmission.I am still lookin for a good winch bumper too. I have a few questions about the rear trailing arms and pan hard bar after the lift. I am only planning to lift it approx 2-2.5" and was wondering if adjustments were needed for them. As soon as i finish the lift I will add some pics :lol:

- Soulust

Welcome Soulust.

For the lift, I'm sure whichever one you choose will be great.

Cheers.

Hey NPORA community! I'm Jeremy and I own a 95 XE, have had her for about 3 years now and finally am finding some time to give her some tlc! I greatly appreciate the information available on the site and can't wait to start digging in. Thanks!

Welcome Jboy !

Hello everyone, this is my first post but I've been on the forum since I bought my Pathfinder in April. I have a 2002 se 4x4 that has 176,000 miles on her. I didn't know much about them but I can work on it and that's what I've been doing since I bought it. Your forums have been a great resource and have helped me a lot. Thanks to all of you. :laugh:

Hello everyone, this is my first post but I've been on the forum since I bought my Pathfinder in April. I have a 2002 se 4x4 that has 176,000 miles on her. I didn't know much about them but I can work on it and that's what I've been doing since I bought it. Your forums have been a great resource and have helped me a lot. Thanks to all of you. :laugh:

Welcome !

Welcome all. Good to be here. Saving up for a set of tires I just got my 16x8 wheels and most of my 2" lift kit parts in. Just a few more Suspension parts and then installation will commence. Been thinking of upgrading two a 2-way system.

Hello everyone, firts of all, excuse my english, im from argentina, precisely from Patagonia, i live in a small town called San Martin de los Andes.

I own a 1998 R50 3.3 V6 MT, GREEN color, with a compresed natural gas equipment (its an alternative on normal Gasoline), Shes 379000km and im the third owner. I bought it on Feb 2014.-

I use it as my first and only car every day. I tow a 7.50 meter boat on spring and all the summer, a small trailer with a bike sometimes, and in winter a ilke to open the roads after snows.

Besides her kilometers, shes fully functional. All transmision, 4l & 4h works perfectly, all equipment and confort toys too.

Its my firts truck (camioneta we say here) and im very satisfied with it. I had minor issues, cause of the kilometers, but nothing bad. Shes not oil eater by now.-

I will post in the right section.-

Best regards,

Fernando.-

Don't worry about your English Fernando. It's good enough to get your point across and we can probably figure out what (if anything) the problem is. Welcome to the club and welcome to the forum!