Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hello EryOne,

Thanks for having me, I'm Kevin. I got a free truck from my sister in ... 09. I ended up doing the 200k maintinance that spring and it has been my DD ever since. Lately I've had the urge to mod her and take to something else for a DD. Here she sits as of today, with her new exhaust.

PathfinderDuals5-14-12.jpg

I love the fact you have a mighty car mods syicker on ur pathfinder, im ordering one my self. had the idea for a while and didnt know if it would look goofy but it looks really sweet.

Thanks

Andrew

Hey everyone! thanks for the invite... i'm excited to be a part of this forum. i have never had a 4x4 suv or any 4x4 for that matter...after much research and considering my financial status i've decided on gettin a pathfinder. i found one yesterday... so far i have reasearched them quite a bit but have not spoken to any owners so i'm glad to be here so i can gain some knowlege... i do however have 1 big question i want to ask about the pathfinder i might buy 2morrow... it's an automatic 93' SE 4x4 for $1500.00 the post says the top half of the engine has been rebuilt along with many other newly replaced parts... so here's the question. is the engine just as reliable after being rebuilt? it was the lowest priced auto, se, 4x4 that i could find and that looked good and sounded like the best deal. the guy selling it is around 40-50 years old. he said he and his buddy did the rebuild and repairs. and he doesn't have need for the vehicle anymore so he just wants to get rid of it. So if you have some input or answers please let me know.. im trying to get some input before i go see the vehicle 2morrow at 7pm. thanks... you can also feel free to text or call me for quicker response at (626) 692-3558 Danny

Hello All! I am the proud new owner of an 01 Pathfinder LE. I have only had it for a week but I love it already! It is currently at the dealer getting the strut tower recall repairs done, and I can't wait to get it back.

Hi there, I'm David. I have a 2002 QX4 that I'm looking to lift next spring and a 98 Frontier, lowered 3/4, it needs tires for my newly acquired escalade 17s. But I just found some z71 18s, so....

Past nissan cars have been s12 turbo, s13 coupe, 05 altima, others have been 53 Chevy 2 door, 55 Desoto, 67 Chevelle, 84 lazer turbo, 89 celica gt-s, 86 monte ss and about 40 bikes.

I get bored.

Edited by 53sled

Hey all my name is Yogi, I'm new to the Pathfinder forum world but not to the R50.

I started out with a 99.5, my dad had bought it brand new and i bought it off of him. When i went to move from MT to SC it couldn't pull my trailer so i traded in on an 04 Titan. I was suppose to PCS to Germany (ended up getting hip surgery instead) so i sold my Titan and bought the wife a 10 Ford Edge Limited AWD. Then i traded my 95 3.4L Camaro (it was a practice learning mechanics car) for my 97 Pathfinder SE 4x4. This truck had been abused, beaten and neglected to the point that i called Junk yards to see how much i could get for it. I bought it while i was high on oxy (it was post surgery). Aside for the front struts, no AC, and a CEL for the VSS (no cruise but the Spedo works) Mechanically the truck is almost at 100%. It currently has 162,000 on the original drivetrain.

The back bumper was mangled so i took it off entirely. The front bumper is pushed in on a corner and a turn signal is missing. It's pointless to buy a turn signal b/c know it won't mount properly till i straighten out the front end...

Lastly the girls in my office have nicknamed my truck Shenequwa.

-Yogi

Hey Y'all, I'm Ken. I have had my 97 Pathy for about 4 years. I am slowly but surely getting it to the point I would like it to be be. I just turned 200K miles and it is still going strong!! I will be installing NX4 strut spacers in the next few weeks. Here are a couple pics. IMG00036.jpgIMG00035.jpg

Hey there! I'm Terry.

Just picked up my first pathfinder a week ago. So far, so good for the most part.

It's a 2001 silver SE with a sunroof. 220,000kms. Bought it from original owner. Nice shape. Coils and maf sensor have been replaced at some point!!

Things I've noticed. It has a noisy pulley. Not sure which one! It's got a minor vibration between 100km/h and 120. U-joint maybe? And it seems when you push the throttle, then let off, it's almost like the rear diff is trying to steer! Worn out bushings maybe?

Seems to be a good site for info!

Hi all. I was given a 95 Pathfinder XE with 67000 miles on it - 4 years ago. It's now got nearly 168000 miles because I drive it a lot for work. It's just starting to get a little sluggish when shifting into 3rd gear. I took it to a transmission shop and after taking it for a ride and then checking the fluid level was told that it probably should have a tranny flush. The fluid level was fine, color was good, smelled fine. It has never had a flush yet. Is this a wise thing to do now given its age and mileage or am I just asking for trouble? I need to go out of town several times in the next month or two - 2 to 5 hours from home and do not want to have problems away from home. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all. I was given a 95 Pathfinder XE with 67000 miles on it - 4 years ago. It's now got nearly 168000 miles because I drive it a lot for work. It's just starting to get a little sluggish when shifting into 3rd gear. I took it to a transmission shop and after taking it for a ride and then checking the fluid level was told that it probably should have a tranny flush. The fluid level was fine, color was good, smelled fine. It has never had a flush yet. Is this a wise thing to do now given its age and mileage or am I just asking for trouble? I need to go out of town several times in the next month or two - 2 to 5 hours from home and do not want to have problems away from home. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome! Sounds like your Pathfinder was barely broken in when you got it!

I'm guessing its an auto? Do you have an external cooler?

I'd post your question in the garage, you'll get a lot more response that way.

Hey ya'll! New to the site and lovin it already! Got's me a '98 pathy 2wd that i take out to the local mud hole to have fun with the family. It was a hand-me-down from my sister when she got married, so I can't complain much for a free vehicle even if it lacked the extra traction in the front. Currently in the modification process. Bought a cobra cb, installed that. Ripped apart some of the rear bumper and installed some 30x9.5 AT tires.

Hi All:

I bought a '99 4X4 Pathfinder, it is a vehicle I wanted ever since they came out, I love it!

It is a rare find in good shape with top of the line options for that year--leather, bose speakers, and hitch--great for grabbing a trailer and taking a weekend camping trip!

Are there any meeting groups or meetups for pathfinder enthusiasts in the MD/DC/VA area??

I would really like to find a mechanic in the area that would help me get my truck in excellent condition and make sure it stays on the road for a long time.

thanks for your time and enjoy your Pathfinders :jig:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

Sitting here tearing my hair out, wondering what to do in a bad situation with my car and found this site. Great to know there are others out there that love their Pathfinders as I do mine! Hoping can get some assistance and equally hoping may be OF assistance somewhere along the way! :blush:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but not new to car enthusiast groups. I've just signed the deal on my used pathfinder and I'm excited to pick it up on Monday.

I hope this forum is as helpful in my d i y items as the -gasp- ford forums,

Look forward to joining the conversation

Peter

2012 pathfinder LE

Hi Everyone,

I am Tom from the north of the Emerald Isle in a small village called Dundrod.

I bought my 1989 Terrano R3m in 2008 but it was not until this year that I have started to get it back on the road. There was lots of problems with it; suspension bushes worn, Ball Joints, Track Rod Ends, brakes and some body work. I have bought and fitted the new rotors, calipers and pads. I fitted new top and bottom front ball joints along with new inner and outer track rod ends in March and I have fitted the new suspension bushes on the front sway bar, the rear sway bar and the rear dampers. I am not too sure if I need the bushes changed on the rear link bars - hopefully not.

I am in the process of getting the iron-worm from below the rear seat. I am lead to believe this is a common problem with wd21 models. After that I will have a couple of small patches on the body to clean down, prepare and repaint.

I look forward to reading through the forum and putting down my input for others.

Tom

1989 Terrano R3m 2.7L Turbo Diesel (as below VVV)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!!! New member here. I have just purchased my first Pathfinder after much thought as to what truck suits my needs best, this is it. I am planning to do some upgrades soon and appreciate all the info that is already on here, you guys are a HUGE fountain of info here. I don't know much about these trucks as of now, but am willing to learn as best I can and help wherever I can (not that you will ever need my help with these haha). Hopefully I will not have too many issues with Lil' Red (knock on wood) in the future, but if I do, I think this is the best place for me to find info/help. Thanks in advance for any time/help, if needed. I look forward to the future time I can spend on here, good day everyone.

Awsome place, man!

Greatings from Tijuana, México! Fine dining, great night life, and a good place to be... watching if your wallet is still in its place! (Just kidding on the wallet thing)

Seriously, guys; been a proud owner of an '89 "pathy" for 9 years now and "she" hasn't let me down yet!..

BUT!...

Being 24 years old... Well... She's not a minor any more and her age is starting to show.

Just last week we had a bit of a drizzle and my baby got a "cold". We where driving through some muddy terrain and then BAAAM! We "found" a pool! (I don't think I need to say that the terrain was flat and we were not paying to much attention to the road) That's when she started to spit and cough.

First I tought that the coil got soaked and/or the coil cable was shorting and yes, that was the issue... Well, the first one of many.

When we got home, I started checking under the hood for the dreadded cable and found some "surgical procedures" performed on her by the previous owner.

She had most of the vacuum hoses plugged and/or cut off! What to do?

So I went to my nearest Autozone and bought enough line to re-connect everithing, But there is no vacuum diagram sticker anywhere to be found and the FSM, which I was lucky to find online, is of no help because I discovered that I know how to fluently speak Jeep, Ford, Chevy, Some Honda, Some Isuzu, but regarding Nissan... You get the idea. (And don't get me started with Toyota 'cos... MAAAN!)

Which brings me here to you, guys. Previous to anything else let me say thank you all for your knolodge and all the help you can spare and for your patience at the time when some of you will have to explain the result "in apples and oranges and with pictures how much is two plus two"

Just purchased my second Nissan, which is a pathfinder. Love everything about it, cant wait to start beefing it up. I am new to a online association but I excited for the advice I can recieve from everyone. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone I just joined because I just sold my Tacoma (RIP) and have free reign from my wife to start playing with my pathy more. It's a '97 that is mostly stock with a few simply airway mods that I learned from my Toyota. I'm looking forward to learning all of the little tricks from you guys.

Hey fellow pathy's. Newbie here. Just bot a 94 Pathy w. only 114k miles. Love it. Looking forward to tapping into the collective wisdom of other owners. Very helpful to keep these things running well. Had an Isuzu 4x4 pick up for 10 years. Like going off into the desert. Currently live in Ca. but might be heading north. Pathy seems to love the hgwy, straight & smooth. Likes gas though. Thanx for being here guys.

hey guys a newbie here im 37 yrs old and im a pathy nut i own two 89 pathfinders and love em to death literally. ive a question. my truck seems to have some sort of coolant blockage, i say this because i was looking for a blown head gasket and found that all my compression test scores were rite on the mark. i know that my engine coolant temp. sensor is acting up so i pulled it and i am looking for a new one (any ideas?). starts and runs great till it builds up pressure and blew the plastic screw outta the upper rad hoses tee fitting.i was told when i bought the truck that the head gasket was blown as i said before i checked with a compression tester and all of the cylinders were no less than 150 no more the 175 180 and all were within the specs. im so confused to what is happening. help me pls i really want to drive her.

Welcome Gentlemen (and the occasional Lady)! A lot of people like to post an intro in this thread, and that is fine if you don't want to start your own introduction thread. I strongly advise not posting questions in this thread as it does not see a lot of traffic and is not the way we are set up.

First, I suggest looking around for a few minutes as everything is fairly well organized by model, classifieds, garage section, etc. Ok, once you know the lay out, try the search function and go straight to the advanced option. The search function isn't great, but with just a little practice and trying a few different key words you will find related material. If you can't find what you are looking for, go into the specific model section and post your questions, but don't post too many in the same thread as it becomes confusing. Key items will be pinned at the top in each section, the How To section in the Garage walks you through upgrades and repairs and the Members Rides area will give you ideas and eyecandy.

Enjoy!!

B

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy y'all!! Yeah, I'm from Texas. My pathy was a great truck and will be again soon. It's been sitting in my garage for 4+ year with a locked up engine (long story). The old engines out, has been for some time, now, prior to installing its successor, I'm sweating the small stuff in getting it addressed while there's room in the engine compartment. With the replacement of the engine, I'll be installing a set of pacesetter long tube headers, as I've replaced the factory cast ones twice. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress.