Fuse for gauges

02flhrci

Hi everyone-

My 2001 3.5 Pathfinder has a ticking noise that i've been trying to figure out. After closer inspection, it sounds like the noise is coming from my gauges...specifically my tachometer. Does anyone know what fuse to pull to kill the gauges?

I promise I am not trying to defraud someone with false mileage reports, etc...

Thanks!!

i cant offer much input, but i can suggest this. i think some mfg's have taken steps to prevent defrauding like this..and if you remove the fuse your car MAY not start. i have heard instances where you must have that fuse in. im not sure if this is the case but you may not get to test your theory.

im not saying you are trying to do this....but people do try, and there are mfg's that have taken big steps to combat this, so that may throw a hex on the whole thing in your case.

There will not be any fuses for your gauges at all. They draw bugger all so there is no need for them. You will however have a joiner in your loom that goes to the gauges. Find it and disconnect it. Disconnecting the tacho only is also an option. It means you will have to unplug it directly. Yes, removing the the cluster to do so.

Hey everyone-

Thanks for all the answers and sorry for the delay in responding....I guess I will have to pull the gauge cluster if I want to disable them. sigh.

As always, thanks for the help/information....folks on this board certainly have a wealth of it...

There should be a fuse for it.. I'll look later on to tell you where it is. As for defrauding your Odo, that info is stored in the ECU and sent to the cluster. So killing power to the cluster won't defraud anything.

If you're right, that would be fantastic.