installing moonroof from junkyard

dagwoodzz

Found what I think is '88 pathy. 2dr w/ powerwindows, locks, & cruise. I don't think those options were available on the '87 that I own.

The guy at the junkyard said he'd sale the Moonroof, overhead floodlights, and luggage rack off of it for 100$.

1. is it a bad idea to install sunroof that is not new?

2. where could one look for replacement gasket?

3. what's the best way to identify the year model for a pathfinder found in junkyard?

Hey there Bud ! Are you talking about installing a sun roof or moon roof ? I always understood that the sun roof opens... Unless you are experienced at bodywork, I'd not advise hacking a hole in the roof. Do you have a moon/sun roof already ? Confused here... I'm guessing the gasket would be a dealer only item. And the drivers side door sticker would be the easiest, but I know the VIN contains it also. I'll have to get back to you on how to read it.

B

1. Not really, but it's not easy to put one in and have it not leak on you later...

2. A Nissan dealership.

3. Look at the door tag inside the driver's side doorjam. It says what year it was built right on it.

4. All power options were available from the beginning on Pathfinders, but they weren't usually equipped on XE's which they sold a lot more of initially...

Words mean a lot. I call it a moonroof, b/c it pops up 3", to get more air you have manually remove the glass. I took a sunroof to mean that it slides completely open w/o having to remove the glass.

I'm pretty sure the junkyard find is an '89 after further research. the roof looks just like romano_193 from the members page. It has the 8" molding strip on the roof right above the triange mirror.

I'm going to snag the parts. definitely install luggage rack & lights. sober up and decide on the SUNROOF.

measure twice cut once right?

Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, I understand now... The roof rack and light bar are a definity yes, but I'd be shy about cutting a hole in the roof. :shrug: We all have different skills...

measure twice cut once right?

Yep :clap: And for true precision, measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe... ;)

B