EMUs in the front now

NastyPathy

Yep its about that time. Got another job at a dealer ship so iam bringin in the money again and iam gonna put EMUs in the front now and wanna know wat i should use. I have meduims inthe back and they have been in there for a month you think they wore in enough so that when i put the front in its gonna look like iam doing a wheelie? I hope not. Anyway i wwanna know if i should go heavy duty or meduims in the front. I also have the horrible noise when i hit a bump or shake the car back in forth like a banging noise. It sounds like a strut is gone or a mount is this comin? And how do i fix it cause i wanna do it all at the same time. Thanks guys

The guys at rocky road suggested I put the medium duty springs up front. So I installed the medium duty springs, and wish I would have done the heavy duty. They warned me that the ride would be too rough. But now I have a 2" difference from the front to back. It does not even look like I put the springs up front, but the back looks jacked pretty tall. Hopefully some more people will have some opinions on this.

I just replaced the front with HD coils after having mediums. I wish that I would have done the HD coils to start with. The ride is going to be the same because of the spring rate is the same on both. The HD is about 1/2 inch taller. Do the HD coils you will thank me, it looks much better. All you have to do after that is get a 1/2 inch spacer and you will be just about level front and rear.

I have Emu HD up front and medium in the rear. The rear still sits a couple inches higher. I do have about 200+ pounds of armor that affect the front end weight - TJM bumper, Black panther skids and rock sliderz.

Regardless of your plans for bumpers, etc, the weight of the motor justifies HD coils up front if you have off-road ideas. But I'm not convinced the medium vs HD fronts will result in that much of a hieght change - the coil rate is different, but not necesarilly overall hieght.

HD coils in the rear are for carrying weight. If you are daytrip wheeling and the truck is light you should get better traction with mediums in the rear. The only justification for HD rears is expedition travel, where you will be loaded and off-road for days/weeks. Otherwise the HD coils will only give a rougher ride, and (I assume) jack the rear up another few degrees.

To some extent the pathy is designed to sit higher in the rear so regardless of your suspension mods most of them will have that appearance. Part of this is visual - meaning the rear wheelwell is cut larger and gives the appearance of being jacked up, especially on models without flares. Look at your rocker panels to judge the actual vehicle stance. Put 400 pounds on or behind the rear axle and see if it levels out, or sags.

m.

PS - it takes a year or so for the coils to settle, unless you manage to beat the hell out of them somehow sooner. Think of suspension parts like your sneakers - it's totally dependent on what kind of use/abuse they get as to what stage of wear they may be. Time alone isn't a fair measure.