Thinking about OME with 265/70/16 on my 01

01PathySE

I am thinking about the following setup on my 01 4WD SE, please let me know what you think and if anyone has a similar setup. Its basically the same setup as Project Pathfinder. I want to do the OME medium springs front and rear, OME medium rear shocks, KYB GR2 front struts, and a set of 265/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on the stock wheels. I don't wanna go with the AC lift and a larger tire due to the fact that I still do alot of highway driving and don't do all that much off road but I still want a bit of a lift and a better tire for when I do go offroad and this seems like the perfect option for me. I know there are a few threads already about OME suspension and stuff but please give me some opinions on this setup.

You will be very happy with that combination.

The REVO's are excellent tires, and the OME lift will not sacrifice roadability as much as the AC Lift does (and that doesn't even sacrifice roadability that much if you stay with 31s/265s). Also, with the OME system, you don't have to worry about the side-effects of the AC Lift (struts topping out, CVs wearing out, etc, but that's all part of the poison we choose.)

I say go for it, you WILL NOT regret it. :aok:

265/70/16s on the stock wheels shouldn't give me any problems with the OME lift right? They should even be alright without a lift I think. From what I've read this size will also make my speedo more accurate than with the stock size tires. I think I may start ordering parts next week hehe B)

Edited by 01PathySE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey where did u get ur EMUs rocky road said it may take months! where can i go ?

I ordered mine from RockyRoad July 19th. I called the order in and they told me they had the springs in stock but not the rear shocks so they had the shocks drop shipped from an ARB warehouse in Washington. I received everything in less than 2 weeks.

I ordered mine from Rocky Road, but I am pretty sure AC sells them (I think they list them as heavy duty springs). Give them a call to confirm and also to make sure you are getting the medium or heavy duty OME coils that you need.