So you want to lift your 96-up Pathy?

Anyone have the part number for the Warn hubs, for a 2003 R50 SE. I've been having trouble getting the right part # in the stores and on line. Another question, could you bore out the stock rims on a 2003 to fit the hubs or is it impossible/too much trouble?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

The warn hub install is easy and well worth it, with the lift! About $165-, and install easier than I thought. A little better gas milage and seems to steer better. Never did it on my old (lifted) isuzu and wish I would have earlier, both CV's went and were $$$$ to replace.

• 2 weeks later...

X2, the install for manual hubs took about an hour to do. Easy install and well worth the money. :D

Is there any DIY on manual warn hubs somewhere on the site or somewhere else?

I got my warn hubs for my 99 R50 Path and looking for doing the work myself.

Also do I need to change my bearing?

Thanks

You shouldn't need to change the bearing, unless it needed to be done prior...

XPLORX4 used to have a write up of sorts on his site, but I believe that is long gone...

Edit: I see his site is down... maybe someone else kept copies? Or XPLORX4, if you have them, I can host them.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a Warn locking hub procedure a few days back - check it out:

Basically, by design, when the interior selector is in 2H, it just disengages the TC from the Trans...but the fact that the front rims are rolling means the the entire front drivetrain is always turing, 2x4 or 4x4 setting. Adding manual locking hubs and putting them in the unlocked position allows the front rims to turn free of the TC. This way, when in 2H with the hubs unlocked, the Transfer Case and CV's are idle. Saves mileage, wear on CV components, and the TC itself.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25855

-Oregonian

So what are the Manual Locking hubs? what do they do and how do they work?

I'm 4wd by the way

Edited by Oregonian

Here's how it came out mod'ing the stock rim/hub covers on my 2002:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25855

-Oregonian

Anyone have the part number for the Warn hubs, for a 2003 R50 SE. I've been having trouble getting the right part # in the stores and on line. Another question, could you bore out the stock rims on a 2003 to fit the hubs or is it impossible/too much trouble?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

a couple questions to clear some things up.

if i were to get a lift (still very heavily considering it and toying with the idea), i'd want to go with a very modest lift like the OME.

however, i see many people saying it's a 1.75" lift, others saying it's a 1" (which is probably the realistic amount of lift), and other sites like ruggedrocks that say it's a .5" lift. which is it? or are they all different? because rockyroad lists it at 1.75" lift, and ruggedrocks at .5" lift. i also see that the best combo to go with would be the HD fronts and medium rears.

i know that wheel spacers (since i want to use stock wheels) will be the best idea for any kind of lift so as not to rub on the spring perch, but since the OME lift is modest, will clearing a larger tire like a 265/70/16 or 75 series even, have any problems with rubbing the inside of the fender?

also, i see many people with the OME lifts using a strut spacer. that would be the same as an SFD or what not, yeah? are strut spacers necessary or is it simply an aesthetics thing to either level the vehicle or achieve a certain look? but, as i mentioned earlier, isn't the HD front and medium rear the best combo to achieve said "leveled" look?

any help/answers appreciated. i know most has been covered, but some of the responses are somewhat contradictory, and pictures of some peoples' setups aren't showing up. just looking for a little more clarification just in case i do lift the truck.

EDIT: also, does topping out happen often with the OME lift? or is that mostly with the AC lift? not totally concerned with the topping out of the suspension, just curious.

Edited by edwinsyip

I have the AC Lift and I can't say anything about OME setup.

I think strut spacer is more for aesthetic reason. I don't have the spacer and its working fine. Without the spacer, the rear end is slightly higher than the front end by approximately 0.5-1". Then you get the tow truck/ drag race look. But I can live with it... :itsallgood:

As for wheel spacer, people use it to push the tire out so as not to rub the strut. You'll need it if you wanna run 265/70/16. I don't think it will rub inside the fender, but don't trust me on this one.

As for topping out, it happens a lot with mine (AC setup) and almost on everything, hahaha... so I just gotta drive real slow on the bumps and potholes. I get used to it.

Good luck with the lift, post pictures! :aok:

The strut spacers and the subframe drop are very different things. The SFD blocks actually space the subframe from the unibody, and are typically a much larger lift (2-4") than the strut spacers (.5"-1").

The strut spacers may be the key between the differing sizes listed for the OME lifts. I'm not certain on this, so hopefully someone else can chime in and help you choose.

I'm pretty sure OME offers different heights for their coils, ranging from .5" to 1.75" lift. Even HD all around work quite well. No matter which kit you choose, be it AC or OME, your front struts will top out frequently until the coils settle. It's nothing too critical; it just means slowing down when necessary... :shrug:

Wheel spacers aren't exactly necessary if you only plan on going with a suspension lift, permitting the wheels you choose have ample backspacing/offset to clear the strut. I'm currently running the OME HD lift (1.75") on 265/75R16 Toyo A/T tires and the only issue I ever had was reversing at full lock (in parking lots and confined spaces). However, with trimming along the front of the fenders, you should be able to solve that. I've heard even heat moulding helps. :aok:

As for strut spacers, these are most often used to help level out the ride of your rig. Both AC and OME coils don't take into account the 'natural' rake of the R50, and the coils tend to settle quicker up front than in the rear, leaving the rake much more noticeable over time. Strut spacers help to minimize the raked look at give your rig a more leveled appearance. But these differ from a SFD kit because the SFD kit requires subframe spacers, engine mount spacers and strut spacers.

so, if OME offers different coils of different lifts, would they have the same part numbers as well? that's one thing that confused me a little going back and forth from the rockyroad and ruggedrocks sites. the rockyroad site lists the HD coils at 1.75" lift, but they have the same part number as the .5" lift for medium coils at ruggedrocks. same goes for the rockyroad medium coils of 1.75". they have the same part number for the stock load .5" lift coils at ruggedrocks. so, which is correct? anyone know? i would assume that ARB knows best, of course, or maybe even ruggedrocks.

if i did lift my truck, i would need spacers because i'll be using the stock "tri-stake" wheels.

again, i'm not certain if i actually will be lifting it (although the R50 does look better and more "correct" with a modest lift and slightly larger tires).

at the same time, i'm assuming the Xterra suspension doesn't swap over to the pathy at all, yeah? i mean, the Xterras do look a little higher in lift, and take a slightly larger tire (i.e. the 265/70/16 or 265/65/17), and still have some decent wheel well clearance. or am i wrong and they are at the same exact height with same suspension setups, and all the Xterras have are more wheel well space for a larger tire?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1998 Pathy and I am trying to figure if a 32 11.5 15 BFG AT on 15x8 Pro Comp steel with 3.75 backspace will fit. The lift will be OME heavy front springs, medium rear springs, OME rear shocks, KYB GR-2 struts, trim packer. Will I have to do any trimming in the front with these tires? If so how much? I will be adding Warn manual hubs to the list as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

so, if OME offers different coils of different lifts, would they have the same part numbers as well? that's one thing that confused me a little going back and forth from the rockyroad and ruggedrocks sites. the rockyroad site lists the HD coils at 1.75" lift, but they have the same part number as the .5" lift for medium coils at ruggedrocks. same goes for the rockyroad medium coils of 1.75". they have the same part number for the stock load .5" lift coils at ruggedrocks. so, which is correct? anyone know? i would assume that ARB knows best, of course, or maybe even ruggedrocks.

if i did lift my truck, i would need spacers because i'll be using the stock "tri-stake" wheels.

again, i'm not certain if i actually will be lifting it (although the R50 does look better and more "correct" with a modest lift and slightly larger tires).

at the same time, i'm assuming the Xterra suspension doesn't swap over to the pathy at all, yeah? i mean, the Xterras do look a little higher in lift, and take a slightly larger tire (i.e. the 265/70/16 or 265/65/17), and still have some decent wheel well clearance. or am i wrong and they are at the same exact height with same suspension setups, and all the Xterras have are more wheel well space for a larger tire?

rocky-road has the wrong part numbers listed. Their 'HD' is actually medium, and medium is light. So order it through rugged rocks. And Xterra stuff won't swap over. Not even close.

I have a 1998 Pathy and I am trying to figure if a 32 11.5 15 BFG AT on 15x8 Pro Comp steel with 3.75 backspace will fit. The lift will be OME heavy front springs, medium rear springs, OME rear shocks, KYB GR-2 struts, trim packer. Will I have to do any trimming in the front with these tires? If so how much? I will be adding Warn manual hubs to the list as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

You'll have no problem with that combination. Check the other pinned thread for tire/wheel sizes for comparison.

Jose

I just re-used the old ones when I replaced my struts. No problem. If you're getting the AC lift, you might need to get the camber bolts, though.

:my2cents:

Jose

i ordered new ones, just because my old ones were cracked and dry rotted and new ones were only 30 bucks. remember to get OEM strut bearings and upper strut mounts also! a good place to get them is www.factorynissanparts.com . i ordered my bearings, mounts, and boots from there.

Edited by exit34rocker1017

I have ac lift with 265/75/16 which are 32 inch tires with no rubbing at all. I drove with the lift on and no manual hubs for like 7 months and torn the axle boots. I was wondering if the ac axles has stronger boots? I also got the mile marker hubs and they are great! I think I gained only about 1 mpg. I don't have the topping out problem at all anymore. I think the ac is well worth the money. Helps great on the beach and deep mud which I use 2wd in most of the mud I go through. Hope this info helps people get talked into lifting their r50s because I am like the only one in this area with a lifted r50. My next project is doing the sfd but money is tight after buying my girlfriend an 4x4 02 xterra. So I got two nissans to play with. :D

I have ac lift with 265/75/16 which are 32 inch tires with no rubbing at all. I drove with the lift on and no manual hubs for like 7 months and torn the axle boots. I was wondering if the ac axles has stronger boots? I also got the mile marker hubs and they are great! I think I gained only about 1 mpg. I don't have the topping out problem at all anymore. I think the ac is well worth the money. Helps great on the beach and deep mud which I use 2wd in most of the mud I go through. Hope this info helps people get talked into lifting their r50s because I am like the only one in this area with a lifted r50. My next project is doing the sfd but money is tight after buying my girlfriend an 4x4 02 xterra. So I got two nissans to play with. :D

this topic just emerged about the stronger boots!

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26677

Thanks

is this the same part # for a 2002 se?