Free Carfax report

jj big shoe

I just signed up for a month's worth of Carfax reports. If anyone wants me to check out a vehicle for them, just give me the VIN and I'll run it through and give you the info.

BTW, I signed up to check out a 2003 BMW M5 for $20,000 (Kelly blue book lists it for $47,000). It checked out clean and the fiance said it's OK if i get it. Whohoo!!

$20,000 for an 03 M5 is a little scary, whats the mileage? Carfax doesn't tell all, check that car out very well before pulling the trigger. That thing could have been totaled or motor blown or whatever and never could have been reported, before I bought the 01 pathy I have now I looked at this other 01 and it also came up with a clear title and clean carfax but upon looking at the truck it was clear that the entire truck had been repainted, and very poorly at that, around all the moldings you could see how poor the taping job was as there was a line of paint around the edges of the moldings and rubber because the masking wasnt done well enough, as well as one side of the truck had aftermarket glass on it, and you could also see spots like in between the bumper and headlights where there was no paint so it was obvious the bumper had been replaced at some point then painted, this was at a Nissan dealer too.... I know of a couple guys in my town that have a small garage and they basically buy totaled cars and rebuild them and sell them for huge profit, and most of their cars they obtain with clear titles and records because they were never reported of being in an accident or having any damage. Anyways, I hope the car works out for you though, the M5 is a great car, good luck!

Edited by 01PathySE

$20,000 for an 03 M5 is a little scary

I totally agree, but I figured it's worth a look. Even if it needs a trans or something major it might still be doable at that price. Plus it still has 25 months of the mfg's warranty left.

Or I could just slap the motor in the Pathy! 400HP, Woot! :aok:

Here's a pic of it.

Edited by jj big shoe

flawless.... :bow:

................ impeccable :bow:

...................................bavarian! :bow:

the only concern i would really have is water ?seal abillity?, there is nothing worse than a car that leaks water!!!

I have bought 2 cars right from Manheim Auto Auction...I am sure that my Pathy has been wrecked, but not totally sure about the wifes Altima (01)...it was described as having "frame damage". It was a company lease car, and i have yet to find any part of the car with a different shine, shape, extra age on it, or any frame pulling stress marks...nothing!! :shrug:

Poor Pathy has a re-shot hood and pass. fender, new grill and chrome bumper.....all i can do is chuckle and wonder how bad she must have looked. The "frame"-work underneath and around the radiator looks great. I bought her for $7000, it needed only a new windshield and rear bushings. :laugh:

JJBIGSHOE do you have a paypal account?

The price was a typo. I looked around on other classified sites to possibly get a phone number and found the car, same VIN. It actually costs $55,800.

Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true. *sniffles and shuffles off to mope*

I just signed up for a month's worth of Carfax reports. If anyone wants me to check out a vehicle for them, just give me the VIN and I'll run it through and give you the info.

BTW, I signed up to check out a 2003 BMW M5 for $20,000 (Kelly blue book lists it for $47,000). It checked out clean and the fiance said it's OK if i get it. Whohoo!!

After I run the Pathy in the ground, replace it with a late 90's model Rover, I'm getting an M5 as a daily driver. Already got the wife's approval so 50% of the battle is won...now the other 50% is about 45 grand lying around.

Edited by 97SE

$20,000 for an 03 M5 is a little scary, whats the mileage? Carfax doesn't tell all, check that car out very well before pulling the trigger. That thing could have been totaled or motor blown or whatever and never could have been reported, before I bought the 01 pathy I have now I looked at this other 01 and it also came up with a clear title and clean carfax but upon looking at the truck it was clear that the entire truck had been repainted, and very poorly at that, around all the moldings you could see how poor the taping job was as there was a line of paint around the edges of the moldings and rubber because the masking wasnt done well enough, as well as one side of the truck had aftermarket glass on it, and you could also see spots like in between the bumper and headlights where there was no paint so it was obvious the bumper had been replaced at some point then painted, this was at a Nissan dealer too.... I know of a couple guys in my town that have a small garage and they basically buy totaled cars and rebuild them and sell them for huge profit, and most of their cars they obtain with clear titles and records because they were never reported of being in an accident or having any damage. Anyways, I hope the car works out for you though, the M5 is a great car, good luck!

darn.. sounds familiar... mine had a frontal crash too.. crappy paint on the DS.. new fender PS... but she's great and will be getting new paint eventually...

$20,000 for an 03 M5 is a little scary, whats the mileage?  Carfax doesn't tell all, check that car out very well before pulling the trigger.  That thing could have been totaled or motor blown or whatever and never could have been reported, before I bought the 01 pathy I have now I looked at this other 01 and it also came up with a clear title and clean carfax but upon looking at the truck it was clear that the entire truck had been repainted, and very poorly at that, around all the moldings you could see how poor the taping job was as there was a line of paint around the edges of the moldings and rubber because the masking wasnt done well enough, as well as one side of the truck had aftermarket glass on it, and you could also see spots like in between the bumper and headlights where there was no paint so it was obvious the bumper had been replaced at some point then painted, this was at a Nissan dealer too....  I know of a couple guys in my town that have a small garage and they basically buy totaled cars and rebuild them and sell them for huge profit, and most of their cars they obtain with clear titles and records because they were never reported of being in an accident or having any damage.  Anyways, I hope the car works out for you though, the M5 is a great car, good luck!

darn.. sounds familiar... mine had a frontal crash too.. crappy paint on the DS.. new fender PS... but she's great and will be getting new paint eventually...

Yep...I wrecked mine and it doesn't show up on Carfax

Thanks again JJ.

Mine was in a minor accident in Jan 2004, and I had checked a few months after and nothing was on Carfax. Now it is noted, but at least they even say that it was it was minor. They have a disclaimer that says it may take a while for stuff to be reported, so I'd imagine if you wreck is older than say 6 months and doesn't show, you should be good to go.