Panhard not made anymore! 2004 Pathfinder LE A/4WD R50 3.5 Automatic - Made 1/04

I have a broken panhard on my 2004 Pathfinder 4WD 3.5 Automatic R50  -Made 01/04 . The exact one is not made anymore ,the part# is 55130-4W000..easily find the other 55130-2W100 but i don't know if that one will work. I think there is length and bushing shroud size difference although if you run my vehicle in parts search it pops up that the 2W100 will work but my mechanic isn't sure.

Any one have a clue as to some options I can pursue? 

Thanks,

55130-2W100.webp

14 hours ago, DesertTrek said:

I have a broken panhard on my 2004 Pathfinder 4WD 3.5 Automatic R50  -Made 01/04 . The exact one is not made anymore ,the part# is 55130-4W000..easily find the other 55130-2W100 but i don't know if that one will work. I think there is length and bushing shroud size difference although if you run my vehicle in parts search it pops up that the 2W100 will work but my mechanic isn't sure.

Any one have a clue as to some options I can pursue? 

Thanks,

55130-2W100.webp

Your best bet is to try sourcing a replacement from a junkyard if you have access to one around you.

Chris.

Thanks..yes that has been part of the search. The bars themselves don't have part numbers on them that I can see. 

Your Pathy looks amazing👍🏽

19 hours ago, DesertTrek said:

Thanks..yes that has been part of the search. The bars themselves don't have part numbers on them that I can see. 

Your Pathy looks amazing👍🏽

Well in this case the only other thing I could recommend if your local junkyard allows it is to bring your old panhard bar to the junkyard with you and try to match it up or test fit it on one of those R50s that's there. My R50 has been a bit of a work in progress, it's come a long way and it's also been built and maintained with junkyard parts lol👨🏾‍🔧

Chris. 

Edited by CamperDan

I had a look on nissanpartsdeal. 55130-4W000 is listed for '00-'04, 4WD/AWD. 55130-2W100 is listed for '98-'04, 2WD and P/4WD (which I assume means part-time 4WD, not the AWD/all-mode). I suspect someone screwed up the data entry, and the 2Wxxx part number is for 2WD, and the 4Wxxx part number is for 4x, because why the hell would the panhard bar care which transfer case you have? Then again, why would it care if if it's got a transfer case at all, unless they did some weight savings on the 2WD variant, assuming it wouldn't be beat on as hard.

I found one other part number, 55130-0W000, for the VG33 trucks and some VQs. The site says it's incompatible with yours, assuming you've got the AWD/all-mode transfer.

Pictures of the three variants show different whatsits along the bar (which I assume are vibration dampers). I don't know that this is the only difference between them, but I also don't know that it isn't. Listed weights and dimensions vary a little, but there's no indication of what exactly they were measuring, so I'm not sure how far to trust those numbers. Could be one guy measured between centers, another measured overall, and the third measured the box the part came in. Could be they're all slightly different lengths and widths, just to be that way, but then they'd also have three different axle housings and/or three different panhard brackets, and I have no idea what slight changes to the dimensions of the panhard would've accomplished anyway.

That said, Nissan does do stupid things sometimes. I'd be hesitant to put $200+ on my hunch that it's all the same part but with different unimportant dangly bits tacked on.

+1 for checking the wreckers. Even if you don't find the right one, the wrong one from a wrecker should be a much cheaper experiment than the wrong one brand new from Nissan.