Introducing Myself! Pics Added-56k warning!!!

Hey y'all!

I think I just bought a very rare Pathfinder.l

It is a 1999.5 Sterling Mist/Charcoal cloth Pathy, with the Bose and Moonroof. 91k miles. IT HAS A FIVE-SPEED AND THE OFF-ROAD PACKAGE!!! (hence my username). I paid $8k in Scottsboro, AL. Pictures will come tomorrow, after some offroading!

Is this one rare? Mine is the first 1999.5 I have seen with the external spare...I love it!

Edited by OR99.5Speed

No rear liscence plate?

Very clean pathy I like!  :clap:  :cool2:

Haha, I bought the truck from a Private Seller off of Autotrader.com. I live in Atlanta, so I had to write "Tag Applied For" and tape it in the window. Ghetto, I know it. The front Montana plate is from when I lived in Bozeman, MT last summer.

I think we are gonna go to the trails sometime this week; my buddy has a 2005 Pathfinder LE loaded to the gills; the General Crappers and the running boards + lack of serious skids makes that thing not fun to take on the trails. I have pics of that somewhere...

I will post pics and maybe even video of four-wheeling, but I am a detailer by hobby, so this will be one clean Pathy. I dig body damage on $500 Jeeps, not nice Pathys.

I will get OME springs and Revo's in the near future...

Thanks for the kind words!

P.S.- Anyone know how rare my 5-speed Off-Road Pathy is? I have never seen a 99.5 with the Off-Road Pkg.

Edited by OR99.5Speed

Never HEARD of the off road package. However i have seen ONE newer (99.5+) pathy with the rear spare tire carrier. That was actually what I was looking for but settled for a 97 as time was running out. Nice truck

Never HEARD of the off road package. However i have seen ONE newer (99.5+) pathy with the rear spare tire carrier. That was actually what I was looking for but settled for a 97 as time was running out. Nice truck

Thank you for the compliment. I was looking for 4Runners to replace my pristine 1998 4Runner that my now ex-girlfriend wrecked into a tree:

49d588c8.jpg

The Off-Road Pkg. is for real; it was only on the 1999.5 Pathfinders. It included the exterior spare and the viscous limited-slip rear-differential. I love my truck, and everyone thinks it is a brand-new Pathfinder.

I wish I had the original window sticker to prove it! So does this mean that I have the rarest Pathy on the board? B)

Sounds similar to the Sport Package offered on the 96-99 XE's (Rear spare tire carrier and the LSD rear end)

never seen one with the tire carrier like this.. 

I have ))) They are all like that in Japan, so here in Russia (especially in Vladivostok, where I live... very close to Japan) it is not something uncommon, as cars are imported from Japan. It is quite the opposite, actually - a pathy without the tire carrier will be considered something rare )))

OR99.5Speed,

Nice Pathfinder, welcome to the board! Would you mind taking pictures of the spare tire carrier and how it connects to the body? I would like to put one on my 2000 SE but im unsure of whether or not it can be done without too much trouble. If you dont want to go through all the trouble of hosting the pics they can be emailed to tmorgan4@frii.com

Thanks!

Tyler

OR99.5Speed,

Nice Pathfinder, welcome to the board! Would you mind taking pictures of the spare tire carrier and how it connects to the body? I would like to put one on my 2000 SE but im unsure of whether or not it can be done without too much trouble. If you dont want to go through all the trouble of hosting the pics they can be emailed to tmorgan4@frii.com

Thanks!

Tyler

Absolutely I can take some pictures. I do not, however, know how or where you can buy the outside spare carrier. It seems rather complex too.

I should have time to take some pics today, let me try my best... ;)

Hosting won't be a problem, thanks for the offer though.

I appreciate all of the compliments!

Hey OR, welcome to the message board. Yeah I have never seen a newer R50 with a rear tire carrier like that. I know some guys on another message board would kill for something like that since for the 96-99's who don't have one, are not able to mount one from an R50 that did.

Only way to do it would to have a custom rear bumper that would integrate it.

Edited by DJ Dank

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Pathy.. I will have to remember you are into detailing..hehe...may need your services..LOL. JK. Nice a$$ pathy!! :clap:

See..I took my tire carrier OFF..and nobody wants it.... :wacko:

WELCOME! :beer:

I know some guys on another message board would kill for something like that since for the 96-99's who don't have one, are not able to mount one from an R50 that did.

Only way to do it would to have a custom rear bumper that would integrate it.

I believe there is more to it than a bumper also..I looked into it and it would require some reinforcements places in teh rear quarter panels and other misc. equip. I knew I should have held out for a rear carrier...but I did at least get the 5-speed.