Tranny slippage

edta1

Hi,

This is a non Pathfinder question so I hope I can post it here. I have a 2002 Toyota Corolla with oabout 40K on it. And the tranny is slipping between 1st and 2nd. I gave it a fluid change already at 30K.

Any ideas?

yea that stuff works pretty well. My first car, 87 Subaru, was starting to slip, changed fluid and put that stuff in, felt like a new tranny

Ew, that sucks. Tried adding a friction modifier additive? Like...Lucas No-Slip Auto Transmission Additive or something.

Interesting...I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

what do you mean its slipping? does it rev overly high for what gear its in or what? Im just kind of interested. My tranny is acting up when it shifts from first to second and I was wondering if that stuff my help.

What I mean by slipping is that it revs high for a second, then the tranny shifts with making the car jump a bit. I think I found the problem. It might be that I have low tranny fluid. I swore I checked it and it was normal. But when I drove it around a bit, the level was low. Weird. I haven't tried that stuff yet. I bought it though and have it for backup.