Goddammn it

88pathoffroad

Woke up last night to the Pathfinder's alarm going off. Went out as fast as I could with keys in hand in only a robe, no contact lenses, couldn't see a darn thing. I couldn't find anything wrong. Got in, turned the alarm off, went back to bed.

In the morning: found this.

cutwires1.jpg

WTF? Someone trying to steal my corner light and turn signal? Goddammit!

Nope. Not the case. Then I saw this.

cutwires2.jpg

Someone tried the old trick of touching the turn signal light wiring together to try and short out my alarm. De nada, that doesn't work with the Nissan factory setup.

Then I found this. #@%!#$%~@#$^%!!! (red arrow points to almost-hacked-in-half positive battery cable from battery to starter)

cutwires3.jpg

That mother#$!&er cut up all my starter wiring and battery cables to try and disconnect my battery and disable the alarm!

cutwires4.jpg

Needless to say, that set off the alarm finally and scared the p***y-arse bastard away, dropping his broken flat-head screwdriver and leaving it behind.

I spent four hours this morning repairing that @!*%e so I could go to work. I was only three hours late. I had to solder the oil pressure sensor and starter wiring harness all back together by hand. Has anyone here tried removing chopped-up starter wiring and battery cables that're 17 years old and covered in oil, sand and dirt? ARGH.

On the up side, I added all-brand-new 4 gauge cable and terminals for my starter, engine ground and alternator ground(connected to a common bolt on the intake manifold, then to the battery directly), and now I have a little more power as a result! Woohoo!

:P

Good lord, man. I'm glad to see they didn't get away with it, but it sickens me to hear of such maltreatment of your property. String 'em up by their nuts, I say. People suck. *goes outside to hug his Pathy*

yeah i feel you, i know how it feels. i remember when some SOB broke into my path. a$$holes cut my horn wires, so the alarm wouldn't go off, didn't have an alarm at the time, but yeah, they took my huskey tool set, my back pack, school books, stereo, cd's. that sucks that they cut all those other wires. i bet you'd love to find out who did it. that sob would get TSL tread marks all over his face. pssd

That's terrible! Reminds me of one time these guys broke into my brand new MX-6 and I figured out who it was. I should not go into details here but after I walked into their apartment and we cahtted for a few, they all moved out by the end of the month. It was one of the best things I have done for the police department.

I'm sorry to hear about this- it is almost a feeling of being violated- poor Pathy :angry:

However, he held his own and warned you AND ran those pu$$y scumbags off- Good Pathy :clap:

That is awful. Your upside of the experience of replacing the cables was at least something to counter the negative.

When I was broken into twice, (before I got an alarm) I wanted sleep in the truck everynight...waiting for the $#@#$'s to come back.

That sucks, I had some punks steal a combo rear brake/turn signal/backup light assembly off my old truck. darn thing cost $90 to replace. Take a walk around the neighborhood and see who has a broken light assembly.

Bastards! I'm sure they'll get whats coming to them sooner or later though. (Hopefully sooner of course!)

At least they didn't succeed in getting rid of the alarm. Didn't know the stock alarm was that hard to disconnect! Although I'm going to turn my stock alarm on now, I've been running without it.

88pathoffroad, I know how you feel... I had numerous opportunities to experience it myself. Stolen head lights, fog lights... wheels.... once, when I had a Suzuki Escudo (called Vitara in America, I guess), some [censored] broke into my garage while I was out of town. Well, they were unable to switch off the security system on the car, so they kind of took the spare parts with the highest demand for them on the market. After their visit I had merely a body of the car, seats in it.. oh, a steering wheel... almost empty under-hood space (they took EVERYTHING, even the cylinder block head), they stole the wheels, all lights, side mirrors, the hood, the spare tire... f*ckers even chew the chewing-gum that I had in the glove-box ))))))

So I ended up spending disgusting amounts of money and 2.5 months to have the car rolling again. My point is that I know how it feels )))

Oh, I forgot to mention: everything that happened to my car was done withing 6 (six!!!) hours. I didn't know it was possible to diassemble the car in so little time!! ;-)))

I'm not sure if my alarm works or if it is the stock alarm. :confused:

First the switch for the alarm is a three setting switch "off on and impact off" with an led below it. When I move the switch to on or impact off the red led doesn't come on. How can I tell if its working? Fortunatly I live ruraly and have a heavy duty gate on my driveway so I don't have to worry about someone breaking into my car at night, but at school or when I'm in the city I worry about it.

I'm not sure if my alarm works or if it is the stock alarm. :confused:

First the switch for the alarm is a three setting switch "off on and impact off" with an led below it. When I move the switch to on or impact off the red led doesn't come on. How can I tell if its working? Fortunatly I live ruraly and have a heavy duty gate on my driveway so I don't have to worry about someone breaking into my car at night, but at school or when I'm in the city I worry about it.

turn it on and lock the doors.. you'll see the light blinking fast till it sets and then it blinks slowly

Dude, majorly lame. At least they didn't get you for your PIAA's and stuff, right?! Or even the whole truck. Thats some balls to sit there long enough to try those various tricks while trying to jack a car. I'm wondering if the bastard doesn't have a Nissan to know where to get that hidden (at least on mine) screw for the marker, and where to find the cables inside. I just hope they don't come back. Good luck!

The stock alarm is under the driver's seat under the carpet. If you have it, you'll have a switch on the left side of the dash to turn it on and off.

The wires were cut from the fenderwell, not from under the hood. All I lost were some battery cables, nobody got in.

OK just went outside, set switch to on and locked the doors. Nothing. Light didn't blink flash or even go on. :confused: Maybe the LED has burned out? Or maybe the previous owners disconnected it, there are two wires one white and one black laying on the drivers side floor, but they look like they're speaker wires. I'll take a picture and post it.

OK pictures taken and resized. I'm fairly certain that the wires are speaker wires now, but I'll post anyway. BTW you can also see my super sweet super mario floor mats in this pic.

mario.jpg

Oh and this is what the switch looks like (I got to use Macro mode on my camera!)

alarmswitch.jpg

Edited by SC88Pathy