Highbeam issues

Lillpatm

Sorry if this seems like a broken record, I've read many topics on a few forums regarding the highbeams not working. Read many replies that it was the Muti function switch so I went straight to the switch and replaced it. Still have no highbeams whatsoever. Also read could be a bad ground, but would I not also have no low beams if this were the case? Any input would be much appreciated 

If you don't already have one I suggest getting the wiring diagram for your Pathfinder and start troubleshooting with a volt meter. Don't know how to do this? Get a friend to help that knows how to do so or take it to a local shop you trust to diagnose it. Best advice since there are many possibilities 

Assuming your truck was originally delivered to Canada, it should have a daytime running light module. That might be your issue. My truck doesn't have it, so I've only seen it in the service manual, and I'm not entirely sure it could kill the high beams on both sides. I'm not sure what else it could be, though. I would expect a bad ground to kill the high and low beams at the same time. The switch is a common fault on these (stupid non-relayed headlight wiring), but it has separate contacts for each filament, so it's unlikely to lose both high beams at once.

You can get the '90 service manual for free from cardiagn.com, or the '94/'95 free from Nicoclub. Either way, you want the EL section, page 39 in the '90 (probably the same in the later one). No troubleshooting, but there is a schematic and wire colors and whatnot for the Canadian DRL system.