Transmission dipstick?

sabastian

Never thought I would have to ask this but when I bought this 01 pathfinder it was missing the transmission dip stick and I'm wondering if anyone knows the part number or if it's the same as the oil dip stick? The only thing on any site I'm able to find is the oil dip stick. I ordered something from a tesca auto about 3 weeks ago that said transmission dip stick they still haven't replied to me and apon looking them up they have a one and a half star review so I'm assuming that the part will never come.

5 hours ago, sabastian said:

Never thought I would have to ask this but when I bought this 01 pathfinder it was missing the transmission dip stick and I'm wondering if anyone knows the part number or if it's the same as the oil dip stick? The only thing on any site I'm able to find is the oil dip stick. I ordered something from a tesca auto about 3 weeks ago that said transmission dip stick they still haven't replied to me and apon looking them up they have a one and a half star review so I'm assuming that the part will never come.

It might be a long shot but have you tried your local Nissan Dealership, sometimes you might be surprised to learn what parts they still stock for the old R50 and if not they may still be able to order it for you, now if not then your best bet would be to check your local junkyards.

Chris.

Edited by CamperDan

That's a weird thing to have missing. Nissanpartsdeal.com lists two different part numbers, depending on build date. If yours was built before April of 2001, you want 31086-4W000 (1/2000-4/2001). After, you want 31086-4W005. Both are listed as available. I have no idea what the difference is between them. Looks like you can punch in your VIN to make sure you're ordering the right one. 

• 1 month later...