Two questions.

sabastian

So I'm new to the pathfinders it's and 01 3.5 and I'm having two small issues.

First is the overhead sunglass holder latch appears to be broken and I can't find a part to replace it.

Second I ran an 02 sensor code now my computer doesn't register which sensor it is only which bank. The bank is bank 1 so I'm assuming that's going to be on the passenger side I bought the upstream and down stream just to be sure to get the correct one. My question is since it has 4 O2 sensors are the downstream and up stream the same for each bank? Like if I wanted to replace all 4 would I just need to double up on the order I already have?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by sabastian

Hello Sabastian, I may be able to help you to source a replacement sunglass holder for your overhead console as I am always at my local junkyard pulling parts. The latch is apart of the compartment its self, so you can remove the overhead console and replace the holder which will include the latch as well. As for the o2 sensor, did your scan tool give you the trouble code?

Chris.

4 hours ago, sabastian said:

It did although I don't know it off the top of my head it's my dad's scanner. I bought 2x sensors from 1a auto both up stream and down stream.

The sensors are fundamentally the same, but the key difference is the harness color and wire length.  You can get away with buying 2x of upper and lower, provided you know which upper and which lower has the longer wiring.  I swapped these not too long ago and can say that you probably want to stick with buying what's labeled by position to avoid having extra wire slack around where all the exhaust manifolds.  But, if I recall correctly, the driver's side sensors are longer due to the harnesses being near cylinder 2, whereas the passenger side harnesses are near cylinder 5.

Yeah I noticed one of the sensors is significantly longer than the other I'm assuming the downstream one is the longer one being that it's further from the engine. I have a lift so I plan on replacing a lot of things but for now just focusing on what's throwing codes. Just learning a new car, I'm by no means a mechanic but I do like to know as much as I can about the car I'm driving and how to repair it.

• Like 2