5 speed 4x4 advice

yeedonkey

On 2/28/2023 at 7:49 PM, CALPATHY said:

I explored the e-fan option long ago but never went through with it.  If I remember correctly people were using Altima parts to make the e-fan conversion.

What made you give up on it?

37 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

The lokka works great.

A year or so ago, they were struggling to get orders out on time... not sure if that's still the case. 

Thanks. Would this be the recommended brand for the rear also?

12 minutes ago, yeedonkey said:

Thanks. Would this be the recommended brand for the rear also?

They do not make one for the rear. Blokka (Russian company who seems to like Lokka's branding...) makes one. Doubt you can get one given all that's happening over there right now. 

EDIT: Blokka is the product name, the company name is like izno-tech or something...

Edited by PathyDude17

1 hour ago, PathyDude17 said:

They do not make one for the rear. Blokka (Russian company who seems to like Lokka's branding...) makes one. Doubt you can get one given all that's happening over there right now. 

EDIT: Blokka is the product name, the company name is like izno-tech or something...

ok is that my only rear option? are their any viable rear end swaps that would get me able to lock the rear? btw i subbed to ur yt but havent had time to watch anything yet

3 hours ago, yeedonkey said:

What made you give up on it?

Couple of reasons, too much hassle sourcing parts and modifiying for not that much of a gain.  Had I more time back then I might have done the mod.

Sorry @yeedonkey and @Everett, I took a picture of the bags then totally forgot to post up.  Airlift 1000 (kit p/n 60742) 

IMG-4415-1.jpg

Missing is a tee if you wanted to just use a single Schrader valve, but otherwise there's 5' and 6' feet of 1/4 line with through-hole mountable Schraders and just needing small hose clamps/clips to secure the hose to the bags, and cable ties depending on how/where you route them.  $50 shipped from AZ; PM if interested.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:02 PM, yeedonkey said:

ok is that my only rear option? are their any viable rear end swaps that would get me able to lock the rear? btw i subbed to ur yt but havent had time to watch anything yet

You can also get air lockers or E lockers, both of which are discussed elsewhere on the forum. Swapping the rear axle shafts to a different spline count can be done to make other auto-locker options possible.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/42436-31-spline-swap-or-how-to-install-a-rear-mechanical-locker-in-the-r50/?tab=comments#comment-781291

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2023 at 11:23 PM, PathyDude17 said:

You can also get air lockers or E lockers, both of which are discussed elsewhere on the forum. Swapping the rear axle shafts to a different spline count can be done to make other auto-locker options possible.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/42436-31-spline-swap-or-how-to-install-a-rear-mechanical-locker-in-the-r50/?tab=comments#comment-781291

Hey T! Actually, there’s now a 33-spline Blokka available, I think. Pretty sure I saw them available on eBay the other week. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, hawairish said:

Hey T! Actually, there’s now a 33-spline Blokka available, I think. Pretty sure I saw them available on eBay the other week. 

I agree. Haven't looked to see if the blokka was available, given what's going on in Russia. But, that's encouraging if they're on eBay!

On 3/3/2023 at 5:43 PM, PathyDude17 said: