Random Body Clip Replacements?

gamellott

Long story short, I broke one of the retaining clips for interior trim on the liftgate door.

I've found the Nissan PN 76932-01E01, but nothing seems to be available anywhere. A quick search on the Doorman (Massive supplier of random fasteners) website found nothing. I got a hit on Amayama, but I would rather get something here in the US. Does anyone have a source for these? I'm sure I could find one at a Junk Yard a lot cheaper than one with shipping from Japan...

I used to think these things were common... Guess again....

What do they look like? I searched that part number and found some metal clips I've never seen before. IIRC the rear hatch plastic is held by white plastic clips. If that's what you're after, I probably have some in my bag of random clips off the partsfinder. 

The rear hatch area plastics are held on by a mixture of metal clips and plastic pins. There is no good aftermarket replacement for the metal clips I have found. You may be able to buy them, but it is probably just easier to go to the junkyard and start looking in some random nissans for that clip. All 90s nissans will have at least a few of em in there.  Sorry but that is my best advice, now go scavenging! 

They're all the white plastic ones. I haven't seen a single metal one. 

I only have one broken one and I'm sure I can go with merely one missing, but I'd like to keep them intact. The parts list only shows two part numbers for the clips. 2 on the bottom, pseudo expanding screws, and, what I would assume, the white plastic ones. The quantity required per vehicle is 4 or 5, which makes no sense because there are 10 or more... anyway... Junkyard is probably the right answer... will see what I can find 🤪