Died while driving won't start back up. Inter lock switch no longer illuminates on dash.

duston

So I started to find the other day enjoy it for about 15-20 minutes and then it just cut out completely has battery it has gas but it won't start back up it gets fuel past the fuel filter the interlock switch no longer lights up on the dash when I try to use it to start it I'm wondering if that's part of the issue.

So the starter went out a few weeks ago I've been pop starting it up until the other day when it decided to die on me with the morning and now it won't start I have since rebuilt my starter it now works but when I turn my key it just makes a weird spinning noise and it's not turning the engine and the interlock button when I turn it doesn't illuminate on the dash

It's sounding to me like something is preventing the gear from popping out to engage the flywheel. Unless you have underlying issues with your flywheel that needs to be addressed, I recommend biting the bullet and getting a new starter as opposed to trying to rebuild it yourself.

I didn't know the interlock switch was ever illuminated 😜 Mine must have burned out long ago. To my knowledge, that switch only allows you to start the vehicle without depressing the clutch. 

Busted plug is weird. Hopefully the outside was busted, not the part inside the cylinder?

Remove the distributor cap and have someone crank the engine while you watch the rotor. If the rotor doesn't spin when the engine does, your timing belt has let go. Hopefully it's not that. These engines are an interference design that bends exhaust valves when that happens.

If the rotor is spinning, that suggests you've lost spark for another reason, probably electrical. Check fuses and fusible links. Run codes as well, see if you've got a code 21 (ignition signal missing in primary coil). 

I haven't driven a manual Pathy, so I'm not familiar with the interlock switch, and I'm not seeing an indicator light for the interlock in the service manual. Is this the backlight that comes on with the rest of the dash lights, or something else? If the issue turns out to be electrical, this could help narrow down where the fault is. I would start by checking fuses and fuse links, though.

Every time I run the codes it gives me 55 except for about an hour ago I tried it and it gave me a code 11 one time and then when I looked for the code again it wouldn't throw that code but that code is a crank position sensor which is in the distributor I believe which is about where I'm losing my spark I got spark from the coil to the distributor

The Distributor is what sends signal to the ECM for Fuel and spark pulse. If you threw a code for that then its possible you had bad luck of that going. Also I recommend doing a general check of all grounds