ISO Information from an owners manual

gamellott

I have a 92' and I have never seen this elusive Check Engine Light that some people have spoken of, of this vintage, even when I did have a problem that would have illuminated one. Just trying to find out if I have one or not really. Or... is there something online that is a repository for this resource?

It has a check engine light. It is supposed to turn on with key on engine off. Also it is normal for it to turn on in the event of a DTC being set with the California Emissions. If it does not turn on with key on engine off chances are the bulb is burnt out. Other possible causes are faulty ECM or open in a harness.

8 hours ago, Frenchy said:

It has a check engine light. It is supposed to turn on with key on engine off. Also it is normal for it to turn on in the event of a DTC being set with the California Emissions. If it does not turn on with key on engine off chances are the bulb is burnt out. Other possible causes are faulty ECM or open in a harness.

I took a close look at the dash and there is nothing that is labeled as a check engine. All lenses have a label next to them except the upper left lens, and I cannot make out if there is anything on that lens. All of the lower ones are labeled, except there is blank area that could have a light off to the left of the rear window defogger indication on the lower left. Could it be the unlabeled upper left lens? If so, I wonder why they labeled or didn't label it that way?

The only light that comes on when I turn it on is  the seatbelt reminder. Everything else works perfectly.

I know some of them didn't come with the bulb for the engine light or the label for it, but apparently if you take the cluster out and fill in any missing bulbs, one of them is actually the engine light. Dumb, I know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adamzan said:

I know some of them didn't come with the bulb for the engine light or the label for it, but apparently if you take the cluster out and fill in any missing bulbs, one of them is actually the engine light. Dumb, I know.

Ya, Dumb. Literally, with all of the 30yo plastic in this thing that is cracking/breaking, in many instances, I'm not going to take it apart if I don't have to 🤪

It seems, based on my reading of other things, the California models do have the light and label.... probably causes cancer too... 😜 

• Haha 1