OEM Height Suspension Upgrades

Beneficial

Hey everyone!

I just recently got a 2003 LE and have been slowly fixing up all the current problems and doing all major maintenance (diff fluids, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid etc). I've also been looking at all the possible lift variations that everyone is running and I believe that for my use case I will be satisfied with the stock ride height. I can't justify the lift price for the minimal ammount of offroading I will be doing. Mainly winter driving and camping. However my rear springs have failed and my front struts are original with 93,000 mi. So I still need to replace the stock suspension with something. Will anything from rock auto suffice? Is there a stock option everyone recommends like the KYB front struts? I'm looking for comfort and no topout.

1 hour ago, Beneficial said:

Hey everyone!

I just recently got a 2003 LE and have been slowly fixing up all the current problems and doing all major maintenance (diff fluids, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid etc). I've also been looking at all the possible lift variations that everyone is running and I believe that for my use case I will be satisfied with the stock ride height. I can't justify the lift price for the minimal ammount of offroading I will be doing. Mainly winter driving and camping. However my rear springs have failed and my front struts are original with 93,000 mi. So I still need to replace the stock suspension with something. Will anything from rock auto suffice? Is there a stock option everyone recommends like the KYB front struts? I'm looking for comfort and no topout.

Kyb struts with kyb top hat and bearings are perfect. Moog spring are also good and you will not experience any issues with  topping out. 

Thank I'll do this then! Do I then need to take the struts to a shop for the springs or is that only necessary with AC coils since their so stiff? I've done suspension work before with regular spring compressors

On 11/11/2022 at 3:37 PM, Beneficial said:

Thank I'll do this then! Do I then need to take the struts to a shop for the springs or is that only necessary with AC coils since their so stiff? I've done suspension work before with regular spring compressors

You can easily do the job with the 2-piece compressors.