New Guy saying HI

BFerg

Barry's my name, bferg is my handle.

Have a 1999.5 Pathfinder, owned it since 2003 (was just in off lease with 28,000kms)

Currently 299,900 kms.

Great vehicle, very few problems and quality of the mechanical part have been solid.

The previous owner must have driven it on lots of Canadian salted roads as it has lots of rust under the vehicle and two or three spots on each quarter panel.

Replaced the timing belt back around 180km as per recommended service, that was a fun experience.

Performed some rust restoration on two of the three fenders under the wheel well flairs. The brackets that the flairs clip onto hold mud that accelerated the rust.

Also need to rebuild (wire mesh and JBWeld) the rear brake splash guards as the original ones rusted right through.

New batteries, few sets of headlights, one rear bulb.

Love the BOSE cassette deck (still works), power antenna did fail a few years ago.

Searching now for intermittent Day Time Running Lights.

• Like 1

Welcome...!

for your day time running light, I have seen often the issue with the welds inside the box where they connect on the R50 2001-2004 it is behind the battery....but I have no clue if it is the same of the 1996-2000 ones...

• Like 1