Hey pathfinder enthusiast. I'm new here, and ready to do work on it.

Hellcat2003PF

I'm Matthew from Snellville, GA. New to the forum. Been riding in 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Le for about a year now. Worked on putting on new sensor for camshaft because it wasn't accelerating when I pressed the gas. Put a 2" lift on the back. Haven't been off roaring yet. Have had a 89 Jeep Cherokee and 2000 Ford Explorer as for SUVs go. I want to go bigger tire on stock 17" rim. Maybe 255/70 R17 to fill in the gap if I can. Is there a better size bigger tire that can fit?

:welcome:

Welcome to NPORA! As far as putting larger tires on the stock wheels, there's one major limiting factor: the struts in the front. The lower spring perch overhangs the tires, so that limits tire diameter (unless you get wheel spacers or wheels with less backspacing; ~3.75" is the magic number). The biggest tire you'll be able to fit under the struts with stock wheels and no wheel spacers is 31". 255/70R17 is 31.1" according to The Great and Holy Google, so it should be the max you'll be able to stuff under there. Should require little/no trimming to ensure good fitment throughout suspension travel.

• 5 weeks later...