Keyless Entry for WD21

Mr.Biotite

Hi Everyone,

When I bought my 93' pathfinder it came with two keyless entry remotes. I finally got around to seeing if they work. They have new batteries and I programmed both with the electronic module underneath the driver's seat. They both programmed fine, giving me the confirmation beep but when I try to unlock or unlock the car neither work. I'm thinking that is likely an electrical issue from the electronic module to the power locks. The power locks all work when using switch on the door. I couldn't find a wiring diagram that included the electronic module and power lock system for the WD21s. Anybody have any experience with this?

:welcome:

NTB93-036 covers the car alarm. Annoyingly it didn't make its way into the service manual, as the security system was installed at the port, not the factory. I think I downloaded it off Nicoclub a while back, but I can't be arsed to dig it up again, so here it is on Dropbox. The rest of the lock system is in the BF section of the manual, which you can get from Nicoclub ('94/'95 round dash) or cardiagn.com ('90 square dash). 

There's a short-ish harness from the alarm brain to the door lock wiring, and it plugs in behind the driver's kick panel or thereabouts (I think it's intercepting the power lock wiring for the driver's door). Sounds like either the alarm brain is borked or there's an open circuit between it and the door harness. 

Good luck!