New member and question

Dray

Just picked up a 1987 Pathy, 4x4, 4 cyl, 5spd with 130k miles. Barebones but straight and has spent its 35+ years in TX.  Looking to keep original and do minor four wheeling.  

My rear hatch won’t stay open. Should it, and if so, what size/length lifts???Ones I bought are too short.

Also looking for OEM cowl vents and vents for front of hood right above grill. Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

:welcome:

IIRC I looked up hatch struts for mine on Rockauto, and bought what they suggested. They fit up like factory and have held up just fine. Which struts did you buy? Any chance you got the ones for the rear glass instead of the hatch?

You have a few options for the cowl vents. You may be able to get the OE style new, or used ones shouldn't be too hard to track down, though for used ones you'll need to source the clips as well (or use zip ties). You can also get an updated version that's not as attractive but is better at keeping leaves out of the fan (and the blower resistors). I picked up an aftermarket set of those for mine recently, and they came with the clips, so that's nice. And if for some reason you want CNC'd metal ones that say Send Nudes, the minitrucker market has you covered.

There's a mail slot vent on Fleabay right now. I think I've got a full set on the parts truck, message me if you're interested.