Starter Motor Solenoid Coil

portica

I have a faulty solenoid coil  lug on my QD32 starter motor, and would like to know if it is possible to remove the solenoid only from the starter to re-solder the lug and screw it back in place on  the starter body after repair

Any thoughts on this please?

Search ebay/Amazon for "Solenoid Repair Kit" you may be able to find one that suits, or just get a new starter.

You could always get one from a wrecking yard, and give it a good cleanup/service and get a few good years out of it. I ordered a new starter when mine was playing up, in the meantime I found a video showing a starter tear down and clean, mine was a mess inside and cleaned up well and then worked a treat, I still kept the new one just in case the cleaned up one does die as a back up.

Thanks for all the replies, does the starter come out from the top or under the vehicle, looks to be a few things in the way to get it underneath?

2 hours ago, portica said:

Thanks for all the replies, does the starter come out from the top or under the vehicle, looks to be a few things in the way to get it underneath?

Nothing to remove, just undo battery leads, undo the two starter bolts, once loose from bell housing barrel roll starter motor 180 degrees (so solenoid goes from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock) then just lower starter down next to chassis rail and feed/slide it along chassis rail to rear of car, and down and out between chassis and exhaust.

Just reverse process for reinstall.