Looking for Roof Rack end caps

thejoonshk

Hello all! Found an OEM SE Roof Rack (02-04 with PATHFINDER written along the side rails) at my local junkyard, but I was a little careless when taking the corner pieces off, and broke the clips inside. Does anybody know what the part numbers are for these caps? I called my local Nissan dealership, and they weren't much help...

(Edit: image of roof rack added for reference)

JN8DR09Y54W907933_1.jpg

Edited by thejoonshk

Hello all! Found an OEM SE Roof Rack (02-04 with PATHFINDER written along the side rails) at my local junkyard, but I was a little careless when taking the corner pieces off, and broke the clips inside. Does anybody know what the part numbers are for these caps? I called my local Nissan dealership, and they weren't much help...

(Edit: image of roof rack added for reference)
JN8DR09Y54W907933_1.jpg

https://nissan.7zap.com/en/gl/pathfinder/r50/11+207+65535/j/730/

Sent from my Pathfinder

On 2/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, Slartibartfast said:

How buggered are the pieces you have? You may be able to repair the clips if you can't find new assemblies. I busted the clips on some trim on mine and was able to put it back on by gluing on some spare interior clips.

Well, I had all four, but my right front corner piece flew off in the middle of the highway, and I can't find anymore, lol. I was thinking of just getting some gorilla glue for the pieces that I do have, but they haven't flown off yet...

Lots of us do regular JY trips & could possibly snag you one ( or some, in case you want spares). I find the JYs sometimes have unreasonable prices though (I’ve left a cup holder adapter at the register before when they wanted >$12 for it). Consider posting what a cap + shipping would be & we could keep an eye out for you.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, RainGoat said:

Lots of us do regular JY trips & could possibly snag you one ( or some, in case you want spares). I find the JYs sometimes have unreasonable prices though (I’ve left a cup holder adapter at the register before when they wanted >$12 for it). Consider posting what a cap + shipping would be & we could keep an eye out for you.

Finally got through to my local Nissan dealership, and it looks like 1) They never sold the end caps separately because 2) the rack was an optional accessory, therefore they only sold the whole kit. It's all good though, I'm gonna be keeping an eye out on any new R50 listings in my local JYs. Thanks though!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Same thing just happened to me! I also have the SE roof rack with the fairing like the OP mentioned. Apparently the front passenger side end cap flew off while I was driving. Anyone happen to have an extra one of those I could buy? 

6 hours ago, Robster4777 said:

Same thing just happened to me! I also have the SE roof rack with the fairing like the OP mentioned. Apparently the front passenger side end cap flew off while I was driving. Anyone happen to have an extra one of those I could buy? 

You are not alone, in my case it was the front driver's side that flew off, SE fairing also.  So far no luck in finding one.  I may do a 3D printed one when I have more time in winter, a mirror image of the passenger side one.

Edited by CALPATHY

Hi guys, I might be able to help as I do come across these type of luggage racks at my local Pick A Part Yards in my area here in Las Vegas. Just DM me if your still in need of said parts.

Edited by CamperDan
type o

19 hours ago, CamperDan said:

Hi guys, I might be able to help as I do come across these type of luggage racks at my local Pick A Part Yards in my area here in Las Vegas. Just DM me if your still in need of said parts.

Thanks and you have a DM.

Chris, I cannot email you without getting delivery failure repeatedly. And I cannot figure out how to DM you on this forum using my phone. I will not have access to a laptop for several days. Can you email me an alternate way to send you my mailing info?

Robert

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was having the same problem, but I glued mine on. Well I used some bathroom grade caulk. That way if I ever needed to remove it without breaking the cap I could do so.

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus using Tapatalk