New guy FNG

JudoJohn

Hi new to this forum.  I am looking at buying a Pathfinder/QX4 2003-2006.  Just thought it would be good to get info from owners.  I currently have as a 2nd vehicle a 1996 Toyota Tacoma.  Good truck, but I want more towing capacity, and Tacos just go for WAY more than they are worth.  I have owned Nissans in the past, and the Pathfinder has a good rep, even Scotty Kilmer recommends them.  

Hi new to this forum.  I am looking at buying a Pathfinder/QX4 2003-2006.  Just thought it would be good to get info from owners.  I currently have as a 2nd vehicle a 1996 Toyota Tacoma.  Good truck, but I want more towing capacity, and Tacos just go for WAY more than they are worth.  I have owned Nissans in the past, and the Pathfinder has a good rep, even Scotty Kilmer recommends them.  

Qx4 only produced until late 02 for a 03 model year. 96-2004 is the R50 platform. After 04 is R51 model.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Qx4 only produced until late 02 for a 03 model year. 96-2004 is the R50 platform. After 04 is R51 model.

Sent from my Pathfinder

:welcome:

Welcome! As @R50JR pointed out, if you're shopping 2003-2006 you're dipping into two very different vehicles. Honestly an R50 Pathfinder (1996-2004) isn't an especially competent tow rig, but if you get a later one with the 3.5L VQ V6 it'll most certainly do better than your Tacoma especially if yours is the 4 cyl. If you're interested in the 2005-2012 R51 Pathfinders my understanding is that they tow pretty good, especially if you find one with the V8. Welcome to NPORA, and happy shopping!