Calsonic ac compressor clutch removal?

RustFlames

Ok so I want to replace the bearing in this unit and I’ve removed the 10mm nut over the pulley, but the clutch cover does not seem to want to pop up It almost looks like a lock washer underneath but i’m thinking it’s part of the inner diameter of the top plate, perhaps it’s seized down in the recess and lube and heat will release of, anyone ever disassemble one of these?

bc1bb94b6afccfa4e4f465bcf4109319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks similar to ours https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/repairing-bad-ac-compressor.html

I need to know as well as I want to replace the shaft seal on mine. Compressor still works great, but seeps out the front.

I also probably have a spare compressor laying around if you mess yours up.

Edited by adamzan

• 4 weeks later...

I tore apart most of the housing while waiting for the new bearing to arrive anyone that has seen any of my posts knows I have to make it blue lol
The squealing bearing needed replacing
I ordered a
NSK 35BD219 AC Compressor Clutch Bearing
I didn’t feel any desire to dismantle the compressor itself. I am curious to see it’s insides but not enough to worry about it.8b6dab0074f6736c8552aea5f6ee43f7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, nice work. Did you replace the shaft seal along with the bearing? The seal has been weeping on my 95 for a few years now. It slings oil all over the hood when it runs.

Everyone just tells me to slap a reman compressor on it. I'd rather keep the original one that will probably outlast most remans!

The compressor in my '95 did the same thing. Neon yellow oil all over the air filter box. I thought that seal was some special sauce ceramic thing, looks like a rubber seal in the picture? I'll have to look into it again for mine, assuming I ever get around to putting the aircon back together.

Yes it’s literally a bushing pressed into a outer race, apologies I didn’t not get the part number off it, I just cleaned it off and reinserted it, I will note though when you remove the clutch from the housing there are 3 shims inside the neck to be aware of I almost dropped them on the floor without noticing. take note of how the compressor sits in those metal gaskets as well before you pull it out,
a8bb92d0621455d27897e8abb85c0038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hahah yes guys I mangled it. 8 flathead screwdrivers wedged in there didn’t do it any justice. I suggest if you gentlemen are to attempt this disassembly is to knock the pulley itself with a block of wood so that both the clutch plate and pulley come off together, saving you from warpage. i was going to throw it in a vice and try to squeeze it more flat, i’m just procrastinating,

I definitely would have done the same... Mangle first read how to take apart later haha.

If you can't get it straight enough to work I can probably send you the one I have.

• 1 year later...

Hopefully someone can guide me. I am in the process of replacing the a/c compressor and the bolts underneath, are not budging, so far. I am just using extender bars to reach the bolts from underneath. I cannot reach both bolts with liquid wrench due to typical rice burner stuff being in the way. Is accessing these bolts on a creeper my best bet or is there another angle I haven't figured out that would be better?

Lastly, any recommendations on how much lubricant to put in it? I know the housing says 6oz but concerned about residual oil in the system and not wanting to be "over" on the a/c oil. 

Thanks in advance!? 

I managed to squeeze my man-hands from above with the Liquid Wrench and git r done! Woot woo!

I damaged the 27 year old air duct attempting to remove it. It was cracked, but that's not where it broke hahaha. I'm such a Pam Poovey! ?

I poured out the old oil and got about 3oz out of that. 

I saw a video where the bloke recommended replacing the drier every time you replace the compressor. Is that a good rule of thumb? The drier is probably 18yrs old. 

Any other recommendations? Yes, I'll put in all new belts.