Quirks and Features!

mike1305

Hey gang,

Over the last 18 months I've really come to love my WD21 Pathfinder! So many quirks and features. If you were going to do a "Doug DeMuro style" review of your WD21, what quirks and features would you point out? I can think of a few, perhaps specific to my SE-V6 w/ Power Package

• It has a spoiler... haha
  • You can engage the windshield washer without actually using the wiper blades
  • Rear armrests on the outside, and seatbelt clips to keep the buckles nice and organized
  • those LEGO wheels tho
  • My 1992 doesn't have a check engine light... not that it's broken or depopulated, it just never came with one. period. gotta check those blinky lights on the computer!
  • two tier roofline as a precursor to the 1st gen Xterras
  • Old school switch-activated cruise control
  • Gotta press that little button to get the key out - classic japanese style
  • The triple "nostrils" on the grill
  • "hidden" rear door handles

Maybe if I collect enough I'll make a 'tribute video' on YouTube.... haha

Cheers from sunny Colorado!

V8QgFw2.jpg

• Like 8

Not familiar with Dough De Muro over here, but I'd praise the legendary Z24 engine, the rugged good looks of the 2-door and the general utility of being able to fold the rear seats down (mine always live folded down) as well as the short wheelbase, narrow track and short overhangs. 

On 2/2/2021 at 12:50 AM, FirstGenFreak said:

Not familiar with Dough De Muro over here, but I'd praise the legendary Z24 engine, the rugged good looks of the 2-door and the general utility of being able to fold the rear seats down (mine always live folded down) as well as the short wheelbase, narrow track and short overhangs. 

The overhangs are what I love. After moving to an Xterra for my wheeler. I noticed I can no longer see what is right in front of me. Holy crap did that take some getting used to. The pathy will live out her old age as a summer cruiser around here.

• Like 1

All the weight of a full sized truck.

All the gas mileage of a full sized tuck.

None of the power of a full sized truck.

Knowing you have one of the most reliable vehicles around.

Knowing no one knows what it is unless they have owned one.

Knowing passengers won't climb into the back unless you tell them where the door handles are.

Being part of NPORA. ;)

B

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had the Z24 in a 1984 D720 Kingcab 4x4 with 31" tires, and while that was a wonderfully reliable motor and set up, I do not miss the 4th gear blues up every significant hill. A VG30 or VG33 shoe horned into it would have been awesome!

22 hours ago, Precise1 said:

Knowing passengers won't climb into the back unless you tell them where the door handles are.

I had a guy try to crawl between the B pillar and the front seat once to get into the back. Took me a second to work out what he was trying to do. He nearly managed it before I told him it was a four-door.

OP, you might also mention the mechanical door dinger. Not the crap synthesized modern ones, or the godawful '80s screaming-goat-that-never-ends ones, just two metal plates and a solenoid. I thought that was kinda neat. I mean, I still removed it, because it's annoying, but it's an amusing old-school kind of annoying.

• Haha 1