Intermittent no start issue

Kr50

Have a intermittent no start issue on my 2002 pathfinder. I went to start it up after stopping the car for 5 mins and engine wouldnt hold the idle and dies within 3 seconds.i checked the battery connections and everything seems fine.i had the phone plugged in for the 5 mins. I turned off all accessories and started right up after. Battery is brand new.

I took the guage cluster off today to fix a intermittent bulb not lighting up issue which seems to work but the moment it wouldnt start the repaired side went out. Not sure if its related.has anyone had a issue like this?

I have cleaned the throttle body and replaced the fuel filter. Went to get gas and had a hard time starting again. The idle just dies and pressing the gas to raise the idle has no effect. Opened the hood checked battery terminals and seemed solid. Closed the hood and it started right up? Im really confused on whats going on.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, jyeager said:

It's always on a hot restart?

Vapor lock? (perhaps involving the charcoal canister)

Yes. On cold start it starts up everytime. Do you know if theres a way to check if charcoal canister is functioning properly? I have a check engine light on for upstream 02 sensor thats all.

You can open the gas cap when this happens to check for vacuum in the tank and see if it makes any difference in how it runs.

How's your maf sensor? Mine does something similar when its dirty, was real bad with the k&n that came in the truck.

i wil check the gas cap next time it happens. most likely today lol. I have not cleaned the MAF sensor. i can try to clean it up today and see if it makes a difference.