Stock Pathfinder Preparing to Mod

Gen1SEV6

First post here, new Pathfinder owner.  I picked up my Pathfinder this summer and love the thing.  1993 SEV6 4x4 with 4 speed auto, stock with roof rack, tire swing and sliders.  Now has 149k and great condition overall!  The honeymoon had to end sometime.  I started having issues with the AT and found this forum in my research.  Wish I had done the research when I bought the rig and learned to baby the 4 speed auto and should have invested in an aftermarket trans cooler.    

So my AT is on the way out (not shifting to 4th at all) and I am planning a manual swap.  I am finding a ton of info here on old posts - thanks to all who have posted!  I'd really appreciate any suggestions if you've done the swap recently.  I live in Oakland and don't have a garage or driveway.  Any bay area members have recommendations/space/ want to help, give me a shout!

• Like 1

Hey Bud, I'm up in the North Bay (Santa Rosa), but I don't have a shop and already have 2 non-drivable Pathfinders in the driveway... so while I'm willing to help, you aren't worth a divorce. ;)

I haven't been active for a bit and don't know who has done one recently, but the info shouldn't have changed much.

Look in the Garage section, maybe the SAS/HardKoor section?

Anyway, welcome, learn to use the search tool, and feel free to ask new question.

B

• 2 months later...

Hey Precise1, thanks for the reply!  I've seen your posts in my research.  I found Harbinger's MT swap particularly helpful and an interesting read.  Anyway, I appreciate you getting back to me - good to meet someone on here in the area.  Sounds like you have your own pathy projects and I wouldn't want mine to cause your divorce, lol.

I haven't been on here for a while, but in the meantime I've collected just about everything I need for the swap. Definitely spent more on parts then I would have on a donor but without a garage or driveway the donor vehicle isn't an option.

I'm going to start with pulling the dash and swapping the brake pedal with a MT brake pedal and install the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder with hose.  I don't have the dampener so I'm trying a dampener bypass with stainless brake hose right to the operation cylinder.  I hope to do as much as I can curbside then take it to a local shop to drop the auto trans and install the manual trans I picked up.