WHY ME????????????

Slick

Why??? Please oh lord tell me why? Why must my Pathy test my love this year? After allllllllllllllllllll the darn work I have done to my Pathy this year.... she does THIS:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pathy4x4/det...8ab.jpg&.src=ph

And THAT cost me THIS:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pathy4x4/det...9b2.jpg&.src=ph

Which is leading to THIS: -alcohol- -alcohol- :X :furious: :contract: and them more of this: -alcohol- :X

Downtown Stockton (CA) on a main road...center lanes....traffic....and **POOF**...out comes the steam, coolant and water from the PS of the hood while @ a red light. So, thanks to the nice people who saw my prediciment, they backed up, made room and I zig zagged to the first road to turn off on..... Made the call to the bf's brother who luckily had not left for work yet..he came out.. he n Dave took off to buy me a new rad hose (he also brought 5 gals of water with him).. and NOBODY had one..UNTIL...they got to BFE and a RICER store... :X which was THE ONLY place that had a rad hose 4 me. $16 + some change later.. and all is well.

Yeah, but after $2,000 in new parts...you'd think the gremlins would stay away fer a while :angry: It has been one thing after another..no matter how small.. it's really starting to make me doubt my Pathy's reliability......ya know.. the "wonder- what's- next -that -hasn't- already- been- changed" deal? that's why I am sooooo p!ssed. Let her go a few MONTHS without crap happening and I'll shut up......

Remember.. in the last 2 MONTHS I have had the motor out...and then 3 weeks after re-installing the motor MORE stuff went wrong.. then this! DAYUM!

Oh, and I checked the hoses thoroughly b 4 reinstalling them....they were FINE. :wacko:

let me wallow in my annoyance fer a few days..then I'll be fine...LOL

Edited by Slick

I got the Chevy free...and tho I am disenchanted.. a 4 sale sign is not yet iminent..lol. however!!! lol..j/k.

There was no green puddle, cuz it came out with such force it went everywhere up but nowhere down...lol. spewed n puked out the passenger side between the fender n hood..lol. it was quite a geyser! that's what I call "with good force"... I finished (besides clear gloss) painting the Chebby frame today...mebbe the Pathy is jealous again? I had the jealousy problem when I had the Jeep...dang gremlins....SHOO ya lil buggers...SHOO!!! :wacko:

Could have been worse, the water pump could have seized causing your fan to shear off and imbed into the radiator. (Had that happen on my old S-15)

I had the water pump seize once in my old Camry. It was no fun, I was about 3 miles from home and had to drive listening to my belts slipping over the pulley. Then when I was about 1/2 mile from home water started spewing out of the pump and boiling out of the reserve tank, which got the belts wet which made even more noise. You could see where I had driven by the trail of water.

Could have been worse, the water pump could have seized causing your fan to shear off and imbed into the radiator. (Had that happen on my old S-15)

I had the water pump seize once in my old Camry. It was no fun, I was about 3 miles from home and had to drive listening to my belts slipping over the pulley. Then when I was about 1/2 mile from home water started spewing out of the pump and boiling out of the reserve tank, which got the belts wet which made even more noise. You could see where I had driven by the trail of water.

Um, isn't that the part where you're supposed to... STOP?! :huh:

Too bad about the hose Slick. In the grand scheme of things, its no biggie though. Like stubbing your toe. Annoying for a few minutes, then you forget about it.

No you don't stop on this road, waaay to many scary rednecks.

Also when it seized I didn't know what had happened, it sounded kinda like I was dragging something at first. When the water started spewing I could practicly see my house so I wasn't going to stop, I mean I had already gotten that far.

Now if it had seized when I was in town, or even a couple of miles further back on the road, yea I probably would have stopped.

When it took a crap 2 weeks ago I had changed the h2o pump, pvc valve AND the radiator cap... it finally had pressure going through the hose....so that musta been it's final calling..... :blink: I took the fender flares off today, and after the swap meet tomorrow I will be going out in the back 5 and thrashing around in the grassy...wet.. muddy field.... :)

Slick, I share your pain.

I've been having problems the last couple months with the auto tranny on my '96 not shifting properly.

So the expert reckons it's the Throttle Position Sensor. These things cost 200 bucks. So we plug in a new one and it's still not right. So now he reckons it's one of the solenoids in the valve body. These little darlings cost 300 bucks a set. So he pulls out the sump, ready to replace the solenoids and finds the oil filter all jammed up with debris. The whole dammed tranny has to come out and be rebuilt. It's costing me 2000 bucks. I'm running out of cash...fast.